[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
Totally noob question here...

Can a corrupted level 1 Enlighten Support gem be leveled up to level 4, or is the max at level 3?

The price for a level 4 is astounding in league compared to standard. I guess it's one of the rare occasions whereby something costs more in league.

From what I read when looking at empower you need to be at level 3 already, quality it then corrupt it to get level 4

There’s no need to quality it since it only makes it gain XP faster, so do it if you level the gem yourself. Empower needs to be at level 3, uncorrupted. Then you can corrupt it for a chance to go level 4, you’ll have higher chance to hit level 4 with doryani’s institute rather then just slam with Vaal orb.
@hadc

thanks. so those corrupted level 1 enlighten gems can only reach level 3 max... so many in the market!

saving up for gems is quite tough!
"
eosguy wrote:

Can a corrupted level 1 Enlighten Support gem be leveled up to level 4, or is the max at level 3?

The price for a level 4 is astounding in league compared to standard. I guess it's one of the rare occasions whereby something costs more in league.

They seem to have made empower/enlighten be rarer drops this league I think. There was talk about it on a Reddit thread. Enhance, the useless one lol, drops plenty (I've had 2).

I didn't bother gambling and just bought my Empower 4 ready-made.

I've been trying to make a 21/20 Anomalous Vortex though for ages. I've corrupted about 10 of them and not hit it :( and that can't be bought as it rarely is on the market. (probably not very popular)

EDIT just searched again and there is some now! 3ex. It's only a small DPS increase but I might just pay it to end that bad run.
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 24, 2022, 11:03:44 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

They seem to have made empower/enlighten be rarer drops this league I think. There was talk about it on a Reddit thread. Enhance, the useless one lol, drops plenty (I've had 2).

I've been trying to make a 21/20 Anomalous Vortex though for ages. I've corrupted about 10 of them and not hit it :( and that can't be bought as it rarely is on the market. (probably not very popular)

EDIT just searched again and there is some now! 3ex. It's only a small DPS increase but I might just pay it to end that bad run.

Hmm thats very tempting!!
Just noticed I never had cold snap ticked in my skills in pob only vaal cold snap. DPS went up a bit with that
"
kingkano wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Vaal valuable gems at doryani’s institute, the chance is pretty much double. Last league I got a lvl21 Vaal cold snap with that, should have bought lottery.

I made my own enlighten and empower 4 since 3.15 with doryani’s institute, usually cheaper. I hit empower 4 at the second time and enlighten 4 at the fourth. Empower and enlighten 4 is always priced around 4 times more than uncorrupted level 3 because that’s roughly the odds. So if you’re unlucky like me this league and got enlighten 4 only after 4 tries, you still make currency because you can sell the other “bricked” ones for quite a bit. In the last 2 league I’ll hit level 4 in about 2 tries in average.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 24, 2022, 7:00:35 PM
@hadc good tip thanks! I rarely run temples so maybe I should make an effort next run of maps.

If anybody is looking for something quick and simple for big currency - try map boss rushing. There are some good videos on youtube about it. Basically, find a pair of connected maps (coves/cemetery or atoll/arcade) - setup your atlas for bossing with all the "drop connected map"nodes, boss drop along the top, and duplicate map drop nodes (and essence for some easy money) - favourite the opposite map to what your running in ALL your favourite spots - then just run 45second maps getting essence and killing boss only. Ignore everything else and run straight through any packs.

You get tonnes of conqueror/guardian maps, synthesis maps (if you take the nodes), an expensive invitation every 25 or so maps (take the nodes to give 10% bonus), plus whatever else you can pick up. And it's actually quite fun! It massively over sustains, I started with about 10 total maps of my pair, I now have about 70.

This build isn't ideal for it, but craft a couple of increased effect, increase move speed, quicksilver flasks and you can go pretty fast.
Temple is good currency once you get used to it. I have quite good luck with this in 3.17, sold lots of double corrupt temples. They usually sell very well after the first few weeks.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 25, 2022, 8:29:09 AM
"
kingkano wrote:
@hadc good tip thanks! I rarely run temples so maybe I should make an effort next run of maps.

If anybody is looking for something quick and simple for big currency - try map boss rushing. There are some good videos on youtube about it. Basically, find a pair of connected maps (coves/cemetery or atoll/arcade) - setup your atlas for bossing with all the "drop connected map"nodes, boss drop along the top, and duplicate map drop nodes (and essence for some easy money) - favourite the opposite map to what your running in ALL your favourite spots - then just run 45second maps getting essence and killing boss only. Ignore everything else and run straight through any packs.

You get tonnes of conqueror/guardian maps, synthesis maps (if you take the nodes), an expensive invitation every 25 or so maps (take the nodes to give 10% bonus), plus whatever else you can pick up. And it's actually quite fun! It massively over sustains, I started with about 10 total maps of my pair, I now have about 70.

This build isn't ideal for it, but craft a couple of increased effect, increase move speed, quicksilver flasks and you can go pretty fast.

I was going very fast doing delve scarab in maps because I took the passive that gives 15% Movement every time you click on the sulphite caches so it’s free 45% MS, very nice.

Now I’m just playing with DPS (trying to push above 20mil) and dropped ES to about 6K, still tanky enough to be honest. Did a Maven test earlier, I don’t think I’ve ever kill her so fast lol.

Next I’ll want to try profane bloom and swap controlled destruction out for Awakened increased area effect. Crafting a curse ring will be painful though 😥
Last edited by hadc on Mar 25, 2022, 9:03:15 AM
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

That’s spell block right? I though you pack attack block. Spell block is easier to cap.

It gives ES, some block recovery and the mastery gives 1% attack block per 5 block on shield. One node gives some spell block so I am over capped but that's OK for now.

"
donbrawler wrote:
Kano is correct I capped my attack block with watchers eye mod and if you're using Ashes of stars amulet. 20/20 Divergent Tempest Shield gets you to 73-74%. I have Mage Hunter notable on a megalomaniac cluster to reach 75% spell block without investing into any block on tree.

I looked at your watchers eye and was unsure whether losing the 37% faster start of ES recharge from my watchers eye was worth the trade off.
It will free up 4 points though, if I can find one for a reasonable price I will grab one and see how it feels

faster start of recharge is only good if your using wicked ward. Most of your ES recovery is coming from Aegis and having your block capped.

you can defiantly drop ES recharge pretty much useless.
Anyone else here planning to play Gauntlet? It took me 9 tries to get past Act10 in 3.16, that’s actually my first HCSSF experience lol. Really looking forward to doing it again, hopefully it won’t take so many tries this time 😅

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info