[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Could somebody look at my build for me if you have a second. I am going off donbrawlers build as a guide and for the life of me I cant see how they have 75% attack/spell block. I am at 64/72 and cant figure out why.
No doubt I am overloooking something obvious but cant spot what it is

I did look for +1/+2 but there was only 3 availalbe and not with the socket colours I wanted

Don't let colours put you off in future. You can usually recolour using the craft bench so long as you have vaal orbs equal to the cost of the chromes. Usually its just a case of picking 'at least 1 red and 1 green socket' and trying a few times.

With regards your build, Don has a divergent tempest shield gem which gives extra spell block (currently around 10ex).

And he has a watchers eye mod to give attack block while affected by determination. You can check back for his post, he was going to instead get a corrupted shield with extra block, so that could be an alternative. believe you need +5% corruption (with +2 aoe if your rich enough!)

You could definitely look into more alternate quality gems and some lvl 21 ones too, would give you nice boosts. Awakened swift affliction = a good boost.

Most of Don's power came from cluster jewels and their mods too.
Last edited by kingkano on Mar 24, 2022, 4:37:13 AM
Alright, I am here again with a slightly updated POB, with request to help me figure out what is needed to tank Maven memory game/Sirus Meteor maze.

https://pastebin.com/TrHU8zkK

I have a sneaking suspicion I will be told to get more energy shield, which is a valid argument and I will do so if that is indeed the case.

I am also aware that those boss attacks might require flasks to tank, which I am ok with as well.

What I am trying to understand is, how much damage do they do and what damage type while looking at my effective health pool.

Any help if once again greatly appreciated!
Last edited by andrew8448 on Mar 23, 2022, 6:57:20 PM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Could somebody look at my build for me if you have a second. I am going off donbrawlers build as a guide and for the life of me I cant see how they have 75% attack/spell block. I am at 64/72 and cant figure out why.

I did look for +1/+2 but there was only 3 availalbe and not with the socket colours I wanted

Don't let colours put you off in future. You can usually recolour using the craft bench so long as you have vaal orbs equal to the cost of the chromes. Usually its just a case of picking 'at least 1 red and 1 green socket' and trying a few times.

With regards your build, Don has a divergent tempest shield gem which gives extra spell block (currently around 10ex).

And he has a watchers eye mod to give attack block while affected by determination. You can check back for his post, he was going to instead get a corrupted shield with extra spell block, so that could be an alternative. believe you need +5% corruption (with +2 aoe if your rich enough!)

You could definitely look into more alternate quality gems and some lvl 21 ones too, would give you nice boosts. Awakened swift affliction = a good boost.

After using skin of the lords for a while I completely forgot you could actually change socket colours on corrupted gear with bench crafting
!

Ah nice I overlooked divergent tempest shield and watchers eye mods. Will see what gems I can get and maybe a new watchers eye
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

And he has a watchers eye mod to give attack block while affected by determination. You can check back for his post, he was going to instead get a corrupted shield with extra spell block, so that could be an alternative. believe you need +5% corruption (with +2 aoe if your rich enough!)

After using skin of the lords for a while I completely forgot you could actually change socket colours on corrupted gear with bench crafting
!

Ah nice I overlooked divergent tempest shield and watchers eye mods. Will see what gems I can get and maybe a new watchers eye

The cheaper alternative is get the block wheel to the right of glancing blow. It’s easy to cap block with that and just a bit more of spell block on tree, with glancing blow of course. You get quite a bit of res as bonus too. If you follow Don’s thread of hope setup you can’t do it but if you take glancing blow like normal people do then it’s just 3 points.
Last edited by hadc on Mar 23, 2022, 7:43:04 PM
"
hadc wrote:

The cheaper alternative is get the block wheel to the right of glancing blow. It’s easy to cap block with that and just a bit more of spell block on tree, with glancing blow of course. You get quite a bit of res as bonus too. If you follow Don’s thread of hope setup you can’t do it but if you take glancing blow like normal people do then it’s just 3 points.

I would lose a bunch of dps going that route. Grabbed the block stuff near zealots oath as that capped me and was less of a dps loss
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

I would lose a bunch of dps going that route. Grabbed the block stuff near zealots oath as that capped me and was less of a dps loss

That’s spell block right? I though you pack attack block. Spell block is easier to cap.
Kano is correct I capped my attack block with watchers eye mod and if you're using Ashes of stars amulet. 20/20 Divergent Tempest Shield gets you to 73-74%. I have Mage Hunter notable on a megalomaniac cluster to reach 75% spell block without investing into any block on tree.
"
hadc wrote:

That’s spell block right? I though you pack attack block. Spell block is easier to cap.

It gives ES, some block recovery and the mastery gives 1% attack block per 5 block on shield. One node gives some spell block so I am over capped but that's OK for now.

"
donbrawler wrote:
Kano is correct I capped my attack block with watchers eye mod and if you're using Ashes of stars amulet. 20/20 Divergent Tempest Shield gets you to 73-74%. I have Mage Hunter notable on a megalomaniac cluster to reach 75% spell block without investing into any block on tree.

I looked at your watchers eye and was unsure whether losing the 37% faster start of ES recharge from my watchers eye was worth the trade off.
It will free up 4 points though, if I can find one for a reasonable price I will grab one and see how it feels
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 24, 2022, 6:09:07 AM
Totally noob question here...

Can a corrupted level 1 Enlighten Support gem be leveled up to level 4, or is the max at level 3?

The price for a level 4 is astounding in league compared to standard. I guess it's one of the rare occasions whereby something costs more in league.
"
eosguy wrote:
Totally noob question here...

Can a corrupted level 1 Enlighten Support gem be leveled up to level 4, or is the max at level 3?

The price for a level 4 is astounding in league compared to standard. I guess it's one of the rare occasions whereby something costs more in league.

From what I read when looking at empower you need to be at level 3 already, quality it then corrupt it to get level 4
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 24, 2022, 7:55:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info