[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I'm not able to browse through this huge thread yet, but has anyone been playing this in SSF and have tips, links back to posts etc? Interested in trying SSF
The PoB link in the original post includes a tree and crafting tips specifically for SSF. You would be fine probably up to low red maps, where you'll start t to struggle if you can't get an ES on block shield (Aegis Aurora or Hunter influenced rare).
"
eosguy wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:

See DonBrawler's post above :)

Needs some pretty amazing crafted gear to get the full potential, lots of alt quality gems, etc.

Yeah loaded his POB and the non crafted items are very, very, very expensive in standard trade league. :(

I'll be pretty happy if I can somehow end up mid teens of DPS with slow gear upgrades and investments.

This was just a personal project of mine. For most people you don't need to invest this much into the build.

Just one of my crafted rings cost me 36ex for the bench craft "suffix cannot be changed" to hit T1 ES prefix. Some items ended up being cheaper since I bought them very early in league and crafted a lot of the gear my self. got a little unlucky with one of my rings though.

+3 Shavs = 85EX
Megalomaniacs = 2ex
Wand = 7ex (2ex base cost day 2 league prices and crafted my self)
Clusters = 15c (crafted my self using harvest)
Ashes of stars = 2ex (dropped on my first kill 2ex is for divines)
Ring 1 = 36ex.
Ring 2 = 2ex (very lucky on second ring hit chaos suffix from essence and t1 ES on reforge)
Melding of flesh = 10c (Bought week one)
Forbidden Jewels = 4ex (Bought week one)
Gloves = 7ex (crafted myself, guide in ShaksCentrals Discord)
Boots = 2ex (crafted myself, guide in ShaksCentrals Discord)
Helm = 8ex (5ex for base and 3ex to get it enchanted from lab runner)
Shield = 2ex (bought base for 70c, Divined and added hillock quality myself)
Bottle Faith = Free (dropped for me in feared)
Flask = free (crafted by me with harvest and alt/aug)
corrupted blood intuitive leap = 6ex (bought early in league)
Mageblood = 304ex

Overall cost without mageblood is only around 170ex.

So if you can craft your own gear and fit in resist, dex/strength on the rares using crystal belt instead you could easy get close to same dps with less than 200ex

Last edited by donbrawler on Mar 12, 2022, 2:58:20 PM
"
hadc wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

As I said, the currency wouldn´t be a problem :D

That setup looks very promising, I´ll check it out further in detail after BPL, thanks for posting it! :)

Please teach me how to farm Master Vennto

Well, as I always say - there isn´t even a big secret to it. It is just game knowledge + synergy + effectiveness = profit.

I can put down what I did this league to explain it a bit:

First step: Main Strategy
First of all you have to decide for a main-strat to follow. Doesn´t mean you can´t change it, but the main strat is the one you´re invested in and which ideally your build is good for. For me, I planned on actually going to delve this league, for the simple reason: I expected lots and lots of people to focus on the new atlas, therefore higher demand of delve-items like fossils and resonators, therefore higher profit margins.

Second step: Funneling/Financing the strat
So now that I have my main strategy, I need to figure out how I can actually run it. That means I need to know at what gear-level I can farm effectively, what upgrades I need, what items I can sell, how to sell them (aka insta, bulk, TFT, etc.), and what I need to keep the strat running. For delve the answer is pretty simple, I need sulphite, thats it. For some mapping-strat with scarabs this can be a bit more complicated, but thats the general "earnings vs. spendings" tabs that streamers often show - I literally do the same.

Third step: Supplementary strat
This has become quite more important with the new atlas I feel. This is where you complement the main strategy with other things to do to increase the value of time spent. For me, my mantra as main-delve was: Finish maps as fast as humanly possible, therefore getting more sulphite since I get 3 sulphite-troves each map through scarabs.

Now, what strategies do complement fast mapping in the current atlas iteration?
1. Essences - more maps = more essences, easy to sell in bulk, barely need more time.
2. Strongboxes - Click, loot, continue
3. Increased drop-chances from map-bosses, as u do those anyway
4. Metamorph - map done, create another boss-like thing, kill it, leave. 10sec more investment for potentially nice results

Since there is a clear bossing-focus in it, I decided I could upgrade that even further after they allowed the atlas to influence shaper-guardian maps. So therefore I ran rotas of 8 maps (4x shaper, 4x elder guardians), into 2 maven invitations, dropping more maps on the way due to roughly 17% chance to double map drops, essences, strong-boxes and alternating between syndicate and alva (just because those sold very well in the endphase).
The result were fast maps with decent profits (8 map basically means 2 invitations with 12 writ-splinters, so guaranteed 1.2ex) and then I went back delving.

There are a lot of good things on the current atlas, but what a lot of people are lacking is the effectiveness while running it. I skip legion, blight, sometimes harvest or expedition when I see it if I do not have the atlas points allocated for it. I strictly follow my strategy, getting a better ex/hour ratio like that. If you spec into blight, by all means, works probably as well, the "secret" is doing the things you want to do and only those in a combination of mechanics that supplement each other.

Other, more mapping-focussed strats maximized the investment per map and went triple beyond, sextants and all that good stuff, pulling more like 2-3 ex out of each map. But with 20-30min investment per map. Both strategies work just fine, you just have to stick to it and as always: the hideout is lava :D
"
donbrawler wrote:

POB
https://pastebin.com/pUPQ13KM

Videos
Maven
https://youtu.be/VihSCXkvqPs

Wave 30 Simulacrum
https://youtu.be/MLI17vVEpRg

finally had a look ... very impressive, very!

If they do not change cold dot in any meaningful way (few tweaks never matter, u know what i mean) then I´ll start this build 3.18 do a one-build-league project too, this made a lot of fun watching, thanks! :)
"
Vennto wrote:

Well, as I always say - there isn´t even a big secret to it. It is just game knowledge + synergy + effectiveness = profit.

I can put down what I did this league to explain it a bit:

First step: Main Strategy
First of all you have to decide for a main-strat to follow. Doesn´t mean you can´t change it, but the main strat is the one you´re invested in and which ideally your build is good for. For me, I planned on actually going to delve this league, for the simple reason: I expected lots and lots of people to focus on the new atlas, therefore higher demand of delve-items like fossils and resonators, therefore higher profit margins.

Second step: Funneling/Financing the strat
So now that I have my main strategy, I need to figure out how I can actually run it. That means I need to know at what gear-level I can farm effectively, what upgrades I need, what items I can sell, how to sell them (aka insta, bulk, TFT, etc.), and what I need to keep the strat running. For delve the answer is pretty simple, I need sulphite, thats it. For some mapping-strat with scarabs this can be a bit more complicated, but thats the general "earnings vs. spendings" tabs that streamers often show - I literally do the same.

Third step: Supplementary strat
This has become quite more important with the new atlas I feel. This is where you complement the main strategy with other things to do to increase the value of time spent. For me, my mantra as main-delve was: Finish maps as fast as humanly possible, therefore getting more sulphite since I get 3 sulphite-troves each map through scarabs.

Now, what strategies do complement fast mapping in the current atlas iteration?
1. Essences - more maps = more essences, easy to sell in bulk, barely need more time.
2. Strongboxes - Click, loot, continue
3. Increased drop-chances from map-bosses, as u do those anyway
4. Metamorph - map done, create another boss-like thing, kill it, leave. 10sec more investment for potentially nice results

Since there is a clear bossing-focus in it, I decided I could upgrade that even further after they allowed the atlas to influence shaper-guardian maps. So therefore I ran rotas of 8 maps (4x shaper, 4x elder guardians), into 2 maven invitations, dropping more maps on the way due to roughly 17% chance to double map drops, essences, strong-boxes and alternating between syndicate and alva (just because those sold very well in the endphase). The result were fast maps with decent profits (8 map basically means 2 invitations with 12 writ-splinters, so guaranteed 1.2ex) and then I went back delving.There are a lot of good things on the current atlas, but what a lot of people are lacking is the effectiveness while running it. I skip legion, blight, sometimes harvest or expedition when I see it if I do not have the atlas points allocated for it. I strictly follow my strategy, getting a better ex/hour ratio like that. If you spec into blight, by all means, works probably as well, the "secret" is doing the things you want to do and only those in a combination of mechanics that supplement each other. Other, more mapping-focussed strats maximized the investment per map and went triple beyond, sextants and all that good stuff, pulling more like 2-3 ex out of each map. But with 20-30min investment per map. Both strategies work just fine, you just have to stick to it and as always: the hideout is lava :D
Nice sharing! I always get distracted by things on the map and want to do a lot of different things. I'm focusing on betrayal (sextant) and expedition (scarab) right now and complemented by essence and strongbox. Maven's writ price is going down the drain now so invitation might not be so attractive at this point. I'm interested in what exactly you focus on when in delve, go for fossil nodes? boss nodes? longest paths for side paths?On a sidenote, I managed to break 10mil DPS while still having 88% all ele res :D
Last edited by hadc on Mar 12, 2022, 7:00:50 PM
"
hadc wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

Nice sharing! I always get distracted by things on the map and want to do a lot of different things. I'm focusing on betrayal (sextant) and expedition (scarab) right now and complemented by essence and strongbox. Maven's writ price is going down the drain now so invitation might not be so attractive at this point. I'm interested in what exactly you focus on when in delve, go for fossil nodes? boss nodes? longest paths for side paths?

On a sidenote, I managed to break 10mil DPS while still having 88% all ele res :D

Yeah I tend to do that too, and when it comes to fun you should always do what you want :D But when I really wanna make big bucks i force myself to not fall into those habits :D

Also, the market is very volatile and I often adapt. When you mentioned the price of Maven´s Writs dropping I instantly thought "well, then buy them in bulk and run them yourself". You get what, 25ex for awk. multistrike? GMP, spell echo even more? When you have like 30 runs and only need ONE big payout, not taking into account all the other drops like doppelganger guise, elevated sextants, orb of dominance, orb of conflict... in the long run you will 100% make profit from it.

In regards to your delve-question: As the price for primitive resonators was so high this league (1.3c / ea instead of 0.5 like normally) I actually focussed on azurite first and foremost, in the big nodes you get at depth 400 roughly 2k, from which u can buy 6.6 resonators = 8.5 chaos each node. I am trying to grab all fractured walls, at this depths you get quite a bunch of fossils behind them (since they changed the delve there are way more fossils behind walls than before), I tried to focus on the better bioms, this time it clearly was the brown one due to bound-fossils (minion crafting). I of course went in all cities (tons of awakened sextants, can drop conq.- and guardian-maps), looking for all bosses. This league especially profitable cause doryanis is more expensive due to it beeing needed for atlas completion (battle-pass), auls amulets are always great and kurgal I sold as he´s part of the challenges, so all bosses were worthwhile (as I said - this league delve was insanely profitable). Normally I would skip abyssal cities. I also grabbed fractured and sanctified nodes wherever possible. The length of the pathing was not really any big concern anymore, I even tended for shorter paths as the azurite in the end was the guaranteed payout.

And lastly, in regards to your 10mio dps on 88% res - pob? :D
Last edited by Vennto on Mar 12, 2022, 7:24:38 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

Nice sharing! I always get distracted by things on the map and want to do a lot of different things. I'm focusing on betrayal (sextant) and expedition (scarab) right now and complemented by essence and strongbox. Maven's writ price is going down the drain now so invitation might not be so attractive at this point. I'm interested in what exactly you focus on when in delve, go for fossil nodes? boss nodes? longest paths for side paths?

On a sidenote, I managed to break 10mil DPS while still having 88% all ele res :D

Yeah I tend to do that too, and when it comes to fun you should always do what you want :D But when I really wanna make big bucks i force myself to not fall into those habits :D

Also, the market is very volatile and I often adapt. When you mentioned the price of Maven´s Writs dropping I instantly thought "well, then buy them in bulk and run them yourself". You get what, 25ex for awk. multistrike? GMP, spell echo even more? When you have like 30 runs and only need ONE big payout, not taking into account all the other drops like doppelganger guise, elevated sextants, orb of dominance, orb of conflict... in the long run you will 100% make profit from it.

In regards to your delve-question: As the price for primitive resonators was so high this league (1.3c / ea instead of 0.5 like normally) I actually focussed on azurite first and foremost, in the big nodes you get at depth 400 roughly 2k, from which u can buy 6.6 resonators = 8.5 chaos each node. I am trying to grab all fractured walls, at this depths you get quite a bunch of fossils behind them (since they changed the delve there are way more fossils behind walls than before), I tried to focus on the better bioms, this time it clearly was the brown one due to bound-fossils (minion crafting). I of course went in all cities (tons of awakened sextants, can drop conq.- and guardian-maps), looking for all bosses. This league especially profitable cause doryanis is more expensive due to it beeing needed for atlas completion (battle-pass), auls amulets are always great and kurgal I sold as he´s part of the challenges, so all bosses were worthwhile (as I said - this league delve was insanely profitable). Normally I would skip abyssal cities. I also grabbed fractured and sanctified nodes wherever possible. The length of the pathing was not really any big concern anymore, I even tended for shorter paths as the azurite in the end was the guaranteed payout.

And lastly, in regards to your 10mio dps on 88% res - pob? :D

I’m away from my computer and unfortunately POE Ninja is not updated yet. Will share when I can, it’s now at 12mil (enemy Low life) so average DPS about 10mil. Crafted a new wand and glove. No mageblood of course 😅
Last edited by hadc on Mar 12, 2022, 8:19:52 PM
"
I’m away from my computer and unfortunately POE Ninja is not updated yet. Will share when I can, it’s now at 12mil (enemy Low life) so average DPS about 10mil. Crafted a new wand and glove. No mageblood of course 😅

I take those stats without MB all day man - Plan right now, if nothing considerable changes, is starting Shaks PoB for leaguestart into yours into the MG-Variant from donbrawler :D

Kinda sad and happy at the same time not playing Cold Dot in BPL - I would have gotten the chance to train it in a somewhat league-start-like scenario, on the other hand now I have something new and fresh to look into going into 3.18 :D
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I take those stats without MB all day man - Plan right now, if nothing considerable changes, is starting Shaks PoB for leaguestart into yours into the MG-Variant from donbrawler :D

Kinda sad and happy at the same time not playing Cold Dot in BPL - I would have gotten the chance to train it in a somewhat league-start-like scenario, on the other hand now I have something new and fresh to look into going into 3.18 :D

Here you go. The glove is non-ideal but I'm too lazy and broke to fix it, I'm tanky enough to live with it though since I still have 7.2k ES, 88% all ele res and recovery from Aegis Aurora.

https://pastebin.com/PhYp8Ztp
Last edited by hadc on Mar 13, 2022, 5:05:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info