[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
@beeftrumpet +2 Shavs I guess is just to move you to low life instead of CI, but I think DPS wise maybe no difference with what you have now. Maybe more ES.

I think most of the time it's just like you said balancing defence and DPS.

Shameless plug here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3mylRD_CI

Copied about 95% of @hadc build with only 10% of his tanking bravery.

Swapping in a cheap shavs (without + 2 ) the gloves and boots with + 1 cold, new rings with resistances to cap everything at 90 leaves me with not enough strength and dex.
Which means I have to drop ashes for an expensive amulet replacement with +2 to gems to claw back some dps. Then I need a level 4 empower to replace my +3 to claw back some more dps.
Its just a lot of currency to get another 700k dps like HADC has in their build when I look at it in POB.
Ill try and get a level 4 empower and a +2 amulet first as they will boost the dps of my current build without sacrificing anything and then see about filling out the last few bits to make shavs and melding of the flesh work

The only thing I have really had a problem with is maven but I think that is more a skill issue and not knowing the fight very well as I only started playing midway through scourge and only really tried maven this league.

My friend, in 3.17 I realised if you're tanky enough you don't need much skill LOL. I tanked maven's memory explosion and the brain explosion here. https://youtu.be/p6zmpX747cg
"
hadc wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
@beeftrumpet +2 Shavs I guess is just to move you to low life instead of CI, but I think DPS wise maybe no difference with what you have now. Maybe more ES.

I think most of the time it's just like you said balancing defence and DPS.

Shameless plug here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3mylRD_CI

Copied about 95% of @hadc build with only 10% of his tanking bravery.

Swapping in a cheap shavs (without + 2 ) the gloves and boots with + 1 cold, new rings with resistances to cap everything at 90 leaves me with not enough strength and dex.
Which means I have to drop ashes for an expensive amulet replacement with +2 to gems to claw back some dps. Then I need a level 4 empower to replace my +3 to claw back some more dps.
Its just a lot of currency to get another 700k dps like HADC has in their build when I look at it in POB.
Ill try and get a level 4 empower and a +2 amulet first as they will boost the dps of my current build without sacrificing anything and then see about filling out the last few bits to make shavs and melding of the flesh work

The only thing I have really had a problem with is maven but I think that is more a skill issue and not knowing the fight very well as I only started playing midway through scourge and only really tried maven this league.

My friend, in 3.17 I realised if you're tanky enough you don't need much skill LOL. I tanked maven's memory explosion and the brain explosion here. https://youtu.be/p6zmpX747cg

Well not everyone wants to focus so hard on defenses :D Like, no offense here, but your offense would be not satisfying for me, dmg is kinda on the low end. And if you want more of that and have to sacrifice defense for it you have to make up for it with skill - or simply die, like the softcore-plep I am :D
@vennto None taken 🙂in fact I’m planning to make a version with about 10min DPS but much less defence. Tanking was fun but it gets boring after a while, I’ll probably switch after finishing a few more tank “projects”
"
hadc wrote:
@vennto None taken 🙂in fact I’m planning to make a version with about 10min DPS but much less defence. Tanking was fun but it gets boring after a while, I’ll probably switch after finishing a few more tank “projects”

I would be interested in a truly balanced build. Unfortunately, I only know how to make currency, but not how to make builds. I´ve tried it multiple times now and I have to accept the fact that I simply suck at it :D

For me, that means being able to sustain some reasonable dmg without insta-dying, while also dishing out amounts of damage that feel satisfying - I don´t need to oneshot bosses, but I like to see their lifebar dropping. If u have a good mix of offense/defense I gladly take a PoB :D
Last edited by Vennto on Mar 11, 2022, 4:38:48 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

I would be interested in a truly balanced build. Unfortunately, I only know how to make currency, but not how to make builds. I´ve tried it multiple times now and I have to accept the fact that I simply suck at it :D

For me, that means being able to sustain some reasonable dmg without insta-dying, while also dishing out amounts of damage that feel satisfying - I don´t need to oneshot bosses, but I like to see their lifebar dropping. If u have a good mix of offense/defense I gladly take a PoB :D

Making currency is better than making a balanced build. :)
"
eosguy wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

Making currency is better than making a balanced build. :)

I think this would end in a typical "the grass is always greener on the other side"-discussion, but I gladly would offer a bit of my currency-making for better understanding how to make a build from zero to hero :D
"
Vennto wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

How much currency? The Vortex/Cold Snap build can be made to do over 30m DPS with reasonable defences. I bet it could even be made with 90% res, max block etc, and still well over 20m DPS. But needs lot of currency (Mageblood and several hundred ex in other high end gear)

I wish I knew how to make this much currency :) Actually I probably do, but I am not fast enough, and don't play enough hours.
I bought Chayula and I have around 1,5k hp but because of the passive I don't get any regen at all, what am I supposed to do against that?
"
kcomeby wrote:
I bought Chayula and I have around 1,5k hp but because of the passive I don't get any regen at all, what am I supposed to do against that?

Not sure what you mean exactly. Can you elaborate
"
kingkano wrote:

How much currency? The Vortex/Cold Snap build can be made to do over 30m DPS with reasonable defences. I bet it could even be made with 90% res, max block etc, and still well over 20m DPS. But needs lot of currency (Mageblood and several hundred ex in other high end gear)

I wish I knew how to make this much currency :) Actually I probably do, but I am not fast enough, and don't play enough hours.

You've piqued my interest... What other gear to get besides mageblood?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info