[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Im enjoying looking at all these pob's being posted. Have managed to tweak my build as a result and hit 3.8 million dps and regain a bunch of armour and ES.
I can only dream of how much fun it must be to melt stuff with 28 million dps

I chucked in elemental overload passive as I had a skill point spare and it seemed to give a nice boost to dps. Is losing the crit damage bad? as nobody else seems to use it
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 13, 2022, 7:15:50 AM
"
hadc wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"
I’m away from my computer and unfortunately POE Ninja is not updated yet. Will share when I can, it’s now at 12mil (enemy Low life) so average DPS about 10mil. Crafted a new wand and glove. No mageblood of course 😅

I take those stats without MB all day man - Plan right now, if nothing considerable changes, is starting Shaks PoB for leaguestart into yours into the MG-Variant from donbrawler :D

Kinda sad and happy at the same time not playing Cold Dot in BPL - I would have gotten the chance to train it in a somewhat league-start-like scenario, on the other hand now I have something new and fresh to look into going into 3.18 :D

Here you go. The glove is non-ideal but I'm too lazy and broke to fix it, I'm tanky enough to live with it though since I still have 7.2k ES, 88% all ele res and recovery from Aegis Aurora.

https://pastebin.com/PhYp8Ztp

Thank uuuu
I have been following this build and my dmg is so ass, and I cannot seem to find a reason….
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
Im enjoying looking at all these pob's being posted. Have managed to tweak my build as a result and hit 3.8 million dps and regain a bunch of armour and ES.

I chucked in elemental overload passive as I had a skill point spare and it seemed to give a nice boost to dps. Is losing the crit damage bad? as nobody else seems to use it

Elemental overload only work for the hit dmg, not DOT. And it gives more hit dmg to the skill that crits. Since we don’t invest in crit chance, I think there’s only 1.8% chance to crit and it only scale the hit dmg (which is insignificant), that’s why most people don’t use it now.
"
hadc wrote:
"
beeftrumpet wrote:

Elemental overload only work for the hit dmg, not DOT. And it gives more hit dmg to the skill that crits. Since we don’t invest in crit chance, I think there’s only 1.8% chance to crit and it only scale the hit dmg (which is insignificant), that’s why most people don’t use it now.

Ok thanks, I'll find a better option
Hey you experts, your take on "Giga Guardian" build?
Looks to be pretty much the same as this but may require very expensive jewels to make it do good damage.
But as it's max this can also be a very expensive build.
I suppose i am asking what would be the better "bang for buck" build.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hey you experts, your take on "Giga Guardian" build?
Looks to be pretty much the same as this but may require very expensive jewels to make it do good damage.
But as it's max this can also be a very expensive build.
I suppose i am asking what would be the better "bang for buck" build.

All this fancy build names haha. I had a quick look, the defensive concept is similar but Guardian has better access to aura effect and that build uses crackling lance and requires a gem swap to shock nova for clear, I hate swapping gems.. From the face value, I think that build has better defence and single target, probably at similar price point or slightly cheaper. I've always wanted to try a guardian build, maybe I'll try it at some point :)
I did it!
Took me 8 Aisling slams. 5 bought as per TFT service for 3ex each and 3 Aislings I did myself. Resetting the item after a failed Aisling took me on average 6ex. So you can calculate yourself how expensive this was, haha

But literally never saw this kind of helm in trade. Just selfcrafted +1 Aoe for like 40ex or so.

Enchantment is missing but I'm currently not feeling lab runs.

Together with my wand both took almost all of my 100ex stash and I'm absolutely broke now

Do you guys see any immediate improvements I could make? Currently sporting an Ashes of the star since I don't feel the need for Chayula's. The damage with Ashes is nice and I can clear whole maps just running around with vortex using wintertide only on the map boss which is nice and I never die anyway. Double shaper guardians and The Formed and The Shaper are easy peasy. Maven and The Feared can be a little tricky (1-2 death on average), but that's because I suck and not that the build isn't tanky enough.
I think probably a +X Shavs but currently I don't have the liquid currency for that, but I have a stash tab full of logbooks so in a week or so I should be at 100ex again. Tujen loves me and always wants to give me stacks of exalteds haha.

The last couple of pages there's much talk about the Cold Snap variant, but I guess re-gearing to that would be quite expensive. So any improvements I could make for the "classic" ShakCentral build?

POB
https://pastebin.com/f2UTGemQ

Disclaimer: I'm still a noob and 3.17 is basically my first "full league". Started playing last christmas so I could miss pretty obvious things too improve. For example I just learned a couple of weeks ago that you could upgrade your pantheons lol
Last edited by cyan2k on Mar 14, 2022, 6:18:27 AM
I always choosed my starter build somewhat randomly in the forum section and this is the first time that I struggle so much with a build.

I'm stuck at lvl92 and can't get past that, 50% of my maps I get random oneshot coming out of nowhere. (I vaal all my maps)

I stopped playing after Ultimatum so I don't know if it's due to the big player power nerf of 3.15 or if it's just a off meta build.

I just switched to the Late Endgame items, invested like 10ex into the build and it feels like it's even worse or on par with the starter gear. I have like 4/10 clear speed and 4/10 defence I would say.

Can anyone take a quick look at my POB to pinpoint me what could I have missed or if it's just how it is (I'm not gonna spend 50 ex to be able to access full juiced maps), I would really appreciate.

POB : https://pastebin.com/T8vUjMZY
Last edited by MeTeC on Mar 14, 2022, 4:36:56 AM
"
MeTeC wrote:
I always choosed my starter build somewhat randomly in the forum section and this is the first time that I struggle so much with a build.

I'm stuck at lvl92 and can't get past that, 50% of my maps I get random oneshot coming out of nowhere. (I vaal all my maps)

I stopped playing after Ultimatum so I don't know if it's due to the big player power nerf of 3.15 or if it's just a off meta build.

I just switched to the Late Endgame items, invested like 10ex into the build and it feels like it's even worse or on par with the starter gear. I have like 4/10 clear speed and 4/10 defence I would say.

Can anyone take a quick look at my POB to pinpoint me what could I have missed or if it's just how it is (I'm not gonna spend 50 ex to be able to access full juiced maps), I would really appreciate.

POB : https://pastebin.com/T8vUjMZY

Try to max out your block chance to 75% and also run defiance banner. I think there's an updated POB somewhere for Wintertide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info