[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

You just need lvl23 purity of ice to get 5% max cold res so yes +2 on your amulet helps. Lvl21 purity of ice or +1 on wand helps as well.

It says in pob my purity is 21 +3 the same as what yours is in the pob
When I swap in your neck item res goes to 90% and purity is now 21 +4
Not sure whats going on with my pob as it says purity is giving 5% res with the +3 and +4

Yes so anything above lvl23 won’t give you much more value except a little more cold res. You can look at here https://poedb.tw/us/Purity_of_Ice
"
hadc wrote:

Yes so anything above lvl23 won’t give you much more value except a little more cold res. You can look at here https://poedb.tw/us/Purity_of_Ice

I just cant figure out why its only giving me 90% res when I have purity 21 +4, when in your pob you get 90% res with purity 21 +3. There must have been something I was overlooking.

I decided against speccing in to that build anyway as losing the +2 to gems from skin of the lords for shavs didnt give me much better dps without spending lots of currency.
Went for more dps in my ci build as I have killed most things apart from maven as the last phase was just going on way to long and the floor was impossible to dodge stuff.
Managed to squeeze another 800k dps in to reach 2.4 million dps according to pob so hopefully that gets me closer to killing maven now

Actually I can hit 2.7 million if I drop vitality and use aspect of the spider instead, will have to run some stuff and see how it feels without vitality
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 9, 2022, 10:54:32 AM
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

I just cant figure out why its only giving me 90% res when I have purity 21 +4, when in your pob you get 90% res with purity 21 +3. There must have been something I was overlooking.

I decided against speccing in to that build anyway as losing the +2 to gems from skin of the lords for shavs didnt give me much better dps without spending lots of currency.
Went for more dps in my ci build as I have killed most things apart from maven as the last phase was just going on way to long and the floor was impossible to dodge stuff.
Managed to squeeze another 800k dps in to reach 2.4 million dps according to pob so hopefully that gets me closer to killing maven now

Actually I can hit 2.7 million if I drop vitality and use aspect of the spider instead, will have to run some stuff and see how it feels without vitality

Have you tried anointing Charisma in your amulet instead?

90% is the max res so 21+4 doesn't do anything. Not sure if that's what you meant or expecting.
Last edited by eosguy on Mar 9, 2022, 12:07:29 PM
"
eosguy wrote:

It would leave me with not enough mana to cast vortex even with charisma to run vitality as well as aspect of the spider. If I get a higher mana pool I can probably manage to run both.
Although it has been going fine so far without running vitality

"
eosguy wrote:

90% is the max res so 21+4 doesn't do anything. Not sure if that's what you meant or expecting.

No that was not what I meant. I had been playing around in pob seeing what I would need to hit the 90% max res and the only way I could get there was if my purity of ice was 21+4, with a 21+3 it was still on 89% res. And both were saying they gave 5% to max cold res
Was unable to figure out why, as HADC's build was hitting 90% with 21+3 when I was looking at it in pob
"
beeftrumpet wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

It would leave me with not enough mana to cast vortex even with charisma to run vitality as well as aspect of the spider. If I get a higher mana pool I can probably manage to run both.
Although it has been going fine so far without running vitality

"
eosguy wrote:

No that was not what I meant. I had been playing around in pob seeing what I would need to hit the 90% max res and the only way I could get there was if my purity of ice was 21+4, with a 21+3 it was still on 89% res. And both were saying they gave 5% to max cold res
Was unable to figure out why, as HADC's build was hitting 90% with 21+3 when I was looking at it in pob

It’s strange indeed. Here’s the math to go from 75% to 90% max cold res. Hopefully it’ll help you see which one is missing
1. Normal 75%
2. Aegis Aurora + 5% (80%)
3. Lvl23 Purity of ice +5% (85%)
4. >60% increased non-curse aura effect from tree +3% (88%)
5. %max cold res implicit from gear +2% (90%)

In your case I’d check the increased aura effect but since you’re doing CI then all is fine, it’s just interesting to solve “mystery” 😅
I imported your character into POB and just made these changes:

Replaced Thread of Hope with Melding of the Flesh
Added in +2% to maximum Cold Resistance in your gloves

POB says your cold resistance is 90%. Other than that I'm really not sure why you're not hitting 90% as your auras and your anointment, at least according to POB, should give you 90% cold res

Edit:
Melding of the flesh is there just because I use it as well. But I noticed that you're not doing anything with your Thread of Hope jewel

https://pastebin.com/5Bpe1hqV

Gloves: +2 to max cold res
Boots: Put in level 20 Purity of Ice

Last edited by eosguy on Mar 9, 2022, 7:00:50 PM
"
hadc wrote:

It’s strange indeed. Here’s the math to go from 75% to 90% max cold res. Hopefully it’ll help you see which one is missing
1. Normal 75%
2. Aegis Aurora + 5% (80%)
3. Lvl23 Purity of ice +5% (85%)
4. >60% increased non-curse aura effect from tree +3% (88%)
5. %max cold res implicit from gear +2% (90%)

In your case I’d check the increased aura effect but since you’re doing CI then all is fine, it’s just interesting to solve “mystery” 😅

Well to make the mystery even stranger today it is working fine in POB. I popped in melding of the flesh, purity of ice 21 +3 the gloves and boots from HADC's POB with +1 cold and I am at 90% cold res.
This is exactly what I was doing the last day or two so why its suddenly giving me 90% with purity at 21 +3 instead of 21 +4 I do not know. There must have been a glitch or something in POB

"
eosguy wrote:
I imported your character into POB and just made these changes:

Replaced Thread of Hope with Melding of the Flesh
Added in +2% to maximum Cold Resistance in your gloves

POB says your cold resistance is 90%. Other than that I'm really not sure why you're not hitting 90% as your auras and your anointment, at least according to POB, should give you 90% cold res

Edit:
Melding of the flesh is there just because I use it as well. But I noticed that you're not doing anything with your Thread of Hope jewel

https://pastebin.com/5Bpe1hqV

Gloves: +2 to max cold res
Boots: Put in level 20 Purity of Ice

Yeah I was playing around with stuff seeing if I could drop thread of hope to save a few more points to chuck into more dps nodes.
It dropped me down to about 23k armour which made things a bit dangerous at times but as long as I didn't stop moving to often I survived lol
Managed to strike a decent balance in the end to keep thread of hope and the few beneficial nodes to get armour. ES and some dps to reach 2.66 million. I can swap around aspect of the spider for defiance banner + vitality if it calls for more defense at some point at the cost of 300k dps.

I may look into swapping to melding + shavs when I get a few more levels and some currency to buy items to crank the dps up
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 10, 2022, 4:11:37 AM
@beeftrumpet +2 Shavs I guess is just to move you to low life instead of CI, but I think DPS wise maybe no difference with what you have now. Maybe more ES.

I think most of the time it's just like you said balancing defence and DPS.

Shameless plug here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3mylRD_CI

Copied about 95% of @hadc build with only 10% of his tanking bravery.
"
eosguy wrote:
@beeftrumpet +2 Shavs I guess is just to move you to low life instead of CI, but I think DPS wise maybe no difference with what you have now. Maybe more ES.

I think most of the time it's just like you said balancing defence and DPS.

Shameless plug here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3mylRD_CI

Copied about 95% of @hadc build with only 10% of his tanking bravery.

Swapping in a cheap shavs (without + 2 ) the gloves and boots with + 1 cold, new rings with resistances to cap everything at 90 leaves me with not enough strength and dex.
Which means I have to drop ashes for an expensive amulet replacement with +2 to gems to claw back some dps. Then I need a level 4 empower to replace my +3 to claw back some more dps.
Its just a lot of currency to get another 700k dps like HADC has in their build when I look at it in POB.
Ill try and get a level 4 empower and a +2 amulet first as they will boost the dps of my current build without sacrificing anything and then see about filling out the last few bits to make shavs and melding of the flesh work

The only thing I have really had a problem with is maven but I think that is more a skill issue and not knowing the fight very well as I only started playing midway through scourge and only really tried maven this league.
Last edited by beeftrumpet on Mar 10, 2022, 4:47:41 AM
Can anyone help me with my build?

I am getting degen'd and 1 shot in red maps constantly.

The character's name is Cold_buns.

I am trying Cinderswallow Urn, but I think I must be missing a key piece to this puzzle because I am dying way more than the videos I am watching.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info