[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Froziph wrote:
Very right! I haven't bothered fixing the chest gem setup yet.

All the gems are also only level one in the chest.
That being said, CwdT does trigger the curses... no? They are spells. The reason you normally use curse on hit is to have a low level CwdT trigger high level curses.

I've been so used to the curse on hit setup that I didn't realize curses can be autocast as well. I've already made some testing and it is a viable option to the curse on hit setup. Drawback is you can't apply three curses and you won't have as high lvl curses as before - and ball lightning is extremely good to apply curses with. But it lets you save up to 3 other gem slots. I found it good even with lvl 1 cwdt (lvl 38 req). I guess doing T14-T16 maps and hard endgame content will allow you to lvl up cwdt to maybe lvl 10 or higher even, without losing uptime on frost bomb/cold snap/curses. All monsters basically deal more dmg by then and the ones that don't you'll kill faster than they can deal any dmg to you.

"
Froziph wrote:

I am indeed only sitting at 15. I do have enough mana for my frost blink, and i haven't experienced desync where my cyclone stopped a single time. That being said, i planned the ring around a 6L cyclone, where i should have planned it around a 2L cyclone. -3 mana cost of channeling skills on the ring instead of 20% dmg, would have made Cyclone free for no regen maps.

With 15 mana you can only use a lvl 7 Frostblink, which basically sucks compared to lvl 21 (23 base mana cost). I also play on predictive mode because the performance is much better so. Drawback is I can desync in so many interesting ways, sometimes if I go below the threshold of cyclone mana cost (below 3) - which can happen if I cast immortal call & flame dash at the same time I'm cycloning - I may desync and clientside it looks like I am cycloning but serverside I'm standing still and no Icestorms are cast. It can also be half, where I'm actually spinning around but not casting Icestorms!

"
Froziph wrote:

Rings, amulet, chest and belt are already 58 int from essence. Helmet rolls higher (60). The gloves and belt can only get the natural 55 int, as you can't get abyssal socket together with essence int, on a synthesized base.

Oh yes, I didn't see that. Metacrafting abyssal sockets into synthesized bases is kind of new to me! I guess it will be a onetime thing this league though. And yeah I take it you mean gloves and boots, as the belt has a natural abyssal socket and can get spite essence, as you have done.

"
Froziph wrote:

Suggestions for min maxing resist even more :P? I looked at it, and having all res on jewels is the way you lose the least int, from what i can tell.

I'll leave that work to you. :)

"
Froziph wrote:

On what pieces :P?
The only places it can happen are the belt (which already supplies int, ES and %all res i need) and the ammy. I must admit, this is taking it a little far. Neither of those 2 were cheap to make!
Rings you can also get the implicit on, but it already has that from being a synthesised base :P

But yeah, perfect corrupts on perfect items, and #1 synthesised bases would both be upgrades. Very very hard ones though :(

If there ever was a league to make those items this is the one where it might happen.

"
Froziph wrote:

Hmm, this could actually be interesting for one of the jewels. I need the other for the resist on top. But the one by the mana nodes would give me 51 int, 1.8% dmg, at the cost of 89 ES. This would also give me the 1% reduced mana reserved easily, so i could drop one of my rare corrupted ones for a perfect one without the implicit instead. I think i will do this :) Thanks!

Yeah I did some testing early on and I found that rare jewels/abyssal jewels were better than a 2 node Int conversion jewel - but only early on when you didn't have as good gear and as many % increased Int. And they are more straightforward to get corruptions on.
Well...not excited about new league...gona skip again :/
It appears to be a substitute for map running. You can just do heists only and never do maps, from what I am seeing. Got to wonder if maps drop in heists...

Also, it's not clear yet where you get the heist clues from.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 1, 2020, 7:31:17 PM
What am i missing. On your delirum 3.10 build it looks like you are using 3 of the same spilt personality gems. like 3 intel and mana. The gem itself says limit of 2. So how are you using 3?
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
What am i missing. On your delirum 3.10 build it looks like you are using 3 of the same spilt personality gems. like 3 intel and mana. The gem itself says limit of 2. So how are you using 3?

Because in 3.10 there was no limit. Some people had 10+.
Good Afternoon Guys and Gals,

I'm looking at this build as a league starter and have gotten my scion to 65 so I can test before the league ends.

My previous builds I've tried this league:
- LVL 100 redemption sentry spectre 100m dps
- LVL 89 Ed trickster 2m dps

So this one feels a lot nicer to play hence why I'm tempted to play it at league start.

Can someone give me any input on how it was in 3.11 and what the must have items are in the end game build? I've bought all the awakened gems and crafted a %int chest and helm.

Is this a great league starter?
What makes it Tanky??

What is the current shaper dps of this build when relatively min/maxed?

Can someone post her if it's buffed or needed or unchanged post announcement today.

Thanks ❤️
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Sep 1, 2020, 10:04:07 PM
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Good Afternoon Guys and Gals,

I'm looking at this build as a league starter and have gotten my scion to 65 so I can test before the league ends.

My previous builds I've tried this league:
- LVL 100 redemption sentry spectre 100m dps
- LVL 89 Ed trickster 2m dps

So this one feels a lot nicer to play hence why I'm tempted to play it at league start.

Can someone give me any input on how it was in 3.11 and what the must have items are in the end game build? I've bought all the awakened gems and crafted a %int chest and helm.

Is this a great league starter?
What makes it Tanky??

What is the current shaper dps of this build when relatively min/maxed?

Can someone post her if it's buffed or needed or unchanged post announcement today.

Thanks ❤️

First of all, because how the Icestorm works, it is really hard to tell what actual dps is. It depends stuff like how large boss is (or boss's hitbox) and how much boss is moving.

Build itself is pretty much unchanged, what I red only change that comes might be with alternative quality bonuses and even there might be nothing you want anyway. The main difference between Harvest and Heist is no seedcrafting, so getting the perfect high end items will be more difficult/expensive.

So far the build has been able to do everything, and I see no reason why it would be different in the next league. Tankiness comes from stacking Energy Shield and Int (that gives % bonus to ES). Maximum amount of ES you can regen/sec from energy leech is capped as % of your max ES, so more ES means you regen more ES/sec.

As league starter only problems are getting the staff in the first place, as it takes couple hours before they start to appear on trade and then you need few chaos to buy it. This is more matter of how fast you are going to level at the start. On second day they are already pretty cheap, especially if you don't go for perfect rolls. Another problem at start is to level up to point where you can actually start to use the staff. Unless you think that taking over 6h to get to maps means build is slow carbage you are fine. Or if you are SSF. I don't recommend this as starter for SSF.
"
First of all, because how the Icestorm works, it is really hard to tell what actual dps is. It depends stuff like how large boss is (or boss's hitbox) and how much boss is moving.

Build itself is pretty much unchanged, what I red only change that comes might be with alternative quality bonuses and even there might be nothing you want anyway. The main difference between Harvest and Heist is no seedcrafting, so getting the perfect high end items will be more difficult/expensive.

So far the build has been able to do everything, and I see no reason why it would be different in the next league. Tankiness comes from stacking Energy Shield and Int (that gives % bonus to ES). Maximum amount of ES you can regen/sec from energy leech is capped as % of your max ES, so more ES means you regen more ES/sec.

As league starter only problems are getting the staff in the first place, as it takes couple hours before they start to appear on trade and then you need few chaos to buy it. This is more matter of how fast you are going to level at the start. On second day they are already pretty cheap, especially if you don't go for perfect rolls. Another problem at start is to level up to point where you can actually start to use the staff. Unless you think that taking over 6h to get to maps means build is slow carbage you are fine. Or if you are SSF. I don't recommend this as starter for SSF.

You should do a proper PoB with BIS gear to give us something to aim for.

Also having a drop-down box for each level range on the PoB would be amazing.

With your guide layout having it a little more user friendly on the gem layout and levels of gems would make everything come together nicer.

Next league how would you try and roll flat int + % onto on a chest? (I can't even work out how to do it this league)

I won't be playing SSF and am hoping to be at maps within 6 hours.

So with the defensive layers there isn't an ES on block?

How does it combat lots of hits? Just pure regen?
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
You should do a proper PoB with BIS gear to give us something to aim for.

Also having a drop-down box for each level range on the PoB would be amazing.

With your guide layout having it a little more user friendly on the gem layout and levels of gems would make everything come together nicer.

Next league how would you try and roll flat int + % onto on a chest? (I can't even work out how to do it this league)

I won't be playing SSF and am hoping to be at maps within 6 hours.

So with the defensive layers there isn't an ES on block?

How does it combat lots of hits? Just pure regen?

I suggest you read the first page of this thread. :)

Edit: Well, to be fair there is not information on how to craft influenced items. However, getting % Int on the chest is through slamming a Crusader's Exalted Orb. It's the same thing for % Int on the Helmet with a Hunter's Ex Orb.
Last edited by LiNGeN on Sep 3, 2020, 2:41:21 AM
I didn't ask about just % lol I asked how to get flat and % on the same chest. More so without harvest.

On a good note just picked up a 40% faster recharge and 30 es gained on hit with discipline watchers jewel for 4 ex..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info