[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Interesting I tried this build in standard based off the old 93 POB (no cluster jewels). got around 7.6k ES. 1995 Int and i get destroyed. It kills shit ok but their is no tankyness at all. My ES gets hit big time and never recovers. How important is the watchers eye and the ES per hit? thats pretty much the only piece i dont have.

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. I see one video where the guy has 24k ES and god gear.

Gee no kidding you can kill shit with that kind of gear....

I just logged on my first character playing this build which was in metamorph without the new cluster jewels or harvest crafting. It has some awakened gems but thats all the "new" content it has. I did an elder, shaper and finally an uber elder. Granted, I died two times to uber shaper cycloning straight into three of his frostbolts, but whatever the fight was not pulling a strain on me.

https://pastebin.com/V4pPEZec

lvl 96
64 712 Average unflasked Sirus/Shaper hit (in PoB)
9738 ES

So yeah I think you're drawing a line in the sand that just got flushed away by the waves.

Some screenshots:
Spoiler

My gear:
Spoiler

I do have 80% resists to all that makes my Wise Oak strong, which does help alot with survivability, so yeah, this may be making my character "too powerful" to compare but yet this is something anyone can do with some care taken to rerolling resists on their rings and stuff.

This Watcher's Eye may look very powerful but I am not using Hatred it was actually just my first uber elder kill & drop that I equipped straight away back then :-}. Freeze immunity is not so useful in uber elder fight really abut phys taken as cold is good, but yet, you would rather use other auras so this doesn't make my character "too powerful" to compare.
Well dam you got 2100 more ES then me so I am sure you can take a hit way better. So maybe my gear isnt strong enough. I also don't have 80 res.

I also dont have Aspect of Spider. I had to use a purity of elements jewel to cap resistances. Besides that i use Artic Armor and Discipline.

And be honest to dude. Looking at your gear if its not godly its DAM GOOD. So again with that level of gear any build is going to work. I am not rich and do not have nearly that level of gear.
Last edited by Nightmare123 on Aug 21, 2020, 6:42:09 AM
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Spoiler
"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Interesting I tried this build in standard based off the old 93 POB (no cluster jewels). got around 7.6k ES. 1995 Int and i get destroyed. It kills shit ok but their is no tankyness at all. My ES gets hit big time and never recovers. How important is the watchers eye and the ES per hit? thats pretty much the only piece i dont have.

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. I see one video where the guy has 24k ES and god gear.

I just logged on my first character playing this build which was in metamorph without the new cluster jewels or harvest crafting. It has some awakened gems but thats all the "new" content it has. I did an elder, shaper and finally an uber elder. Granted, I died two times to uber shaper cycloning straight into three of his frostbolts, but whatever the fight was not pulling a strain on me.

https://pastebin.com/V4pPEZec

lvl 96
64 712 Average unflasked Sirus/Shaper hit (in PoB)
9738 ES

So yeah I think you're drawing a line in the sand that just got flushed away by the waves.

Some screenshots:
Spoiler

My gear:
Spoiler

I do have 80% resists to all that makes my Wise Oak strong, which does help alot with survivability, so yeah, this may be making my character "too powerful" to compare but yet this is something anyone can do with some care taken to rerolling resists on their rings and stuff.

This Watcher's Eye may look very powerful but I am not using Hatred it was actually just my first uber elder kill & drop that I equipped straight away back then :-}. Freeze immunity is not so useful in uber elder fight really abut phys taken as cold is good, but yet, you would rather use other auras so this doesn't make my character "too powerful" to compare.
Well dam you got 2100 more ES then me so I am sure you can take a hit way better. So maybe my gear isnt strong enough. I also don't have 80 res.

I also dont have Aspect of Spider. I had to use a purity of elements jewel to cap resistances. Besides that i use Artic Armor and Discipline.

And be honest to dude. Looking at your gear if its not godly its DAM GOOD. So again with that level of gear any build is going to work. I am not rich and do not have nearly that level of gear.

Well, then you could try crafting aspect of the spider (not really mandatory though), get more resists on gear/passive tree & replace purity of elements with another useful aura.

I wasn't "rich" by any real standard in metamorph league, I played the game and bought items for what I was worth.

Gear is progressive so if you can't survive T16 maps do T14 or lower until you manage improvements. This build scales if not linearly, by order of magnitudes, with each improved stats because of all the %increased %more and other mods.

If you can't get good gear in standard make a character in Harvest league and abuse the crafting system.

Enjoy the build.

Edit: If you really want some good advice share a PoB link to your character or open up your character tab to public.
Last edited by LiNGeN on Aug 21, 2020, 7:23:40 AM
I'm really having fun in Delve with this build. Exploring the dark areas without going through loads of flares is great. Being able to sustain Vaal Righteous Fire down here is also cool.
"
Nightmare123 wrote:

With better gear a cluster just to support the 2 split personalities, 14K+ ES isn't too hard to generate. I've got almost 17K ES and 3K Int. It's a scaling build, so you shouldn't be shocked than when you increase INT by 50% and ES by 100% you'll notice a massive difference. Like most scaling builds, it can handle mid tier maps just fine without scaling properly, but to handle end game, it needs to be scaled. I've found shaper and elder to be deathless, uber elder is possible for sure, but need to know the mechanics. Otherwise, haven't found too much to slow me down.

Of course I'm still drooling at that other guys belt & amulet. I don't have a mirror and a half to drop on them though, lol.
Hi again :)

Made some progress till the last post. I'm looking for advice on what should I upgrade next. I'm aiming for absolute min-maxing this league. Obvious one is chest, but ones with T1 %INT, 50+INT and 600+ ES are 150 ex upwards, so it can take a while. Anything else left or I should just save for the chest?

I'm also halfway through making build immune to reflect, harvest craft with implicit "10% reduced reflected elemental dmg taken" is awesome when you have that many jewels.

Currently at 3535 int and 21 645 ES. I'm planning to take Thief's Craft when lvl 100 (instead of Templar's starting point, dmg gain is comparable, but I gain no ES from it).

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/e9a4QV0t

Gear overview:
Spoiler

And do you have any tips on going for lvl 100? What's the best source of xp when pushing final levels?
Last edited by Melnevacor on Aug 24, 2020, 3:58:36 AM
"
battousaii wrote:
"
Nightmare123 wrote:

With better gear a cluster just to support the 2 split personalities, 14K+ ES isn't too hard to generate. I've got almost 17K ES and 3K Int. It's a scaling build, so you shouldn't be shocked than when you increase INT by 50% and ES by 100% you'll notice a massive difference. Like most scaling builds, it can handle mid tier maps just fine without scaling properly, but to handle end game, it needs to be scaled. I've found shaper and elder to be deathless, uber elder is possible for sure, but need to know the mechanics. Otherwise, haven't found too much to slow me down.

Of course I'm still drooling at that other guys belt & amulet. I don't have a mirror and a half to drop on them though, lol.
I understand. I wish i had the money to do that. I just checked standard poe trade and the cheapest split personality jewel is 4 exalts. Two would be 8 of course. Just on two jewels. the cluster jewels are at least that.

Like I said if you spending that much money of course your build will rock. I dont play a ton so i don't have that kind of bank.
Lingen I was curious if you'd be willing to share how you crafted a inc int, inc attr, dam per int ammy?

Also would anyone be willing to screenshot the split personalityx2 build? Can't view peoples skilltrees on the phone really, and trying to port their chars to pob is failing
"
Melnevacor wrote:

Made some progress till the last post. I'm looking for advice on what should I upgrade next. I'm aiming for absolute min-maxing this league. Obvious one is chest, but ones with T1 %INT, 50+INT and 600+ ES are 150 ex upwards, so it can take a while. Anything else left or I should just save for the chest?

I'm also halfway through making build immune to reflect, harvest craft with implicit "10% reduced reflected elemental dmg taken" is awesome when you have that many jewels.

Currently at 3535 int and 21 645 ES. I'm planning to take Thief's Craft when lvl 100 (instead of Templar's starting point, dmg gain is comparable, but I gain no ES from it).

PoB:

Gear overview:
Spoiler

And do you have any tips on going for lvl 100? What's the best source of xp when pushing final levels?

Good work.

I'd craft my own chest instead of paying 150ex, but I guess theyre that expensive due to having the explode prefix.

Not sure if you gain that much dropping the templar node. I'd check PoB first if you haven't already.

"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Spoiler
"
battousaii wrote:
"
Nightmare123 wrote:

I understand. I wish i had the money to do that. I just checked standard poe trade and the cheapest split personality jewel is 4 exalts. Two would be 8 of course. Just on two jewels. the cluster jewels are at least that.

Like I said if you spending that much money of course your build will rock. I dont play a ton so i don't have that kind of bank.

Get a Int/Mana or Int/whatever Split jewel instead, they go for less than 50c last time I bought one. Remember, you don't get the highest tier items straight away, especially if you can't play often. Progressive gearing.

"
IxAMxSTUMPY wrote:
Lingen I was curious if you'd be willing to share how you crafted a inc int, inc attr, dam per int ammy?

Also would anyone be willing to screenshot the split personalityx2 build? Can't view peoples skilltrees on the phone really, and trying to port their chars to pob is failing

I already posted how it happened in a previous post :). Here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628295/page/388#p23450531

Today I did Aul at depth 593 with unfriendly mods. I played a bit sloppy and he should have 1-shot me at one point where I didn't have flasks up but I got lucky. I put up a video of it if someone is interested. Looking forward to go deeper! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqReCNP4Z_Q
"
Melnevacor wrote:

PoB:

Gear overview:
Spoiler

You might explore an ES belt option if you are willing to trade average hit for ES. Looks like you would give up ~0.7% (w/ wise oak up) avg hit for 1K ES (4.7%). This was with the 15 ex one I found below.

https://poe.trade/search/imeyokatebuhim

This is what someone else posted a few pages back.
Last edited by battousaii on Aug 24, 2020, 7:41:13 PM
Got this to drop and considering integrating it into the build for the Hatred variant... The mana reservation bonus is huge.

Also got another one of those to increase Int further:

But I'm really struggling to balance resists.

Any ideas?

Current POB: https://pastebin.com/65vkjzir
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 25, 2020, 2:36:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info