Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
Educmack wrote:
"
dragonpowi wrote:
all of these nerf were needed and expected, not sure why everyone mad. Want to play meta? well, change build now.

They rely so much on the people like you that don't like the meta builds and complain about things that don't want to follow or don't play the current league either... But, hey! They listen and nerf that is very fun to play for the poeple that actually PLAY the league and enjoy the new content! Even if they are "META", EVEN THAT THEY CREATE AND MAKE PEOPLE TO FOLLOW THAT META. It's really fun to see that every league they build those famous "archetypes" just to bury them 100 km under the ground in the next league. They destroy those archetypes they've created to obligate people to play what they dictate what is "meta" in the new league... Not you, THEM. Isn't sound weird to you? I mean, for me PoE must be a game where you have FUN to play whatever THE F*CK you want even if it's meta or not. I know that you'll say "hey, dumbass, you have plenty of builds out there where you can try", well I not always want to play those totems builds/Scorching Ray/LL/any chaos skill or play Blade Flurry/Double Strike/*any melee skill here*/*any bow build here*, I just want to grab something that I think that'll enjoy the most and push through the content as much as I can while enjoying the new league. I don't want to be obligated to play the meta just because GGG builds only around what they want, not what WE want as players. I mean, surely I'll play some melee build to see the changes, but man... If I want to play a spellcaster I don't want to break my head in the wall to see how I can work around those infinite nerfs they apply to their past "archetypes".

We still haven't see the patch note... and who said i dont like meta build? I played 2 of the meta build that got nerfed (which we still dont know how much they are nerf)
Elementalist fells bad hope we atleast get something to replace proliferation.
I very much appreciate the buffs to melee, but I'm seeing so many nerfs across the board to spell casters. Between nerfing skills, the passive tree, and ascendancies, the blow looks crippling. Was that really necessary to bring melee up?

I enjoyed playing a Freezing Pulse Occultist this league, and really want to continue with it, but I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to do that if you're going to nerf energy shield in the passive tree, energy shield recharge in the ascendancy, along with other various spell caster nerfs.

I realize the incentive is to push for a melee meta, and I'll probably end up rolling a Cyclone build, but it sucks that I feel forced into doing that rather than continue to enjoy the build that I've invested so much time into.

/end rant
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on Jun 4, 2019, 10:20:54 AM
The fact that so many people are angrily flipping out kinda proves that GGG is right and these changes were needed. Last league, 90% of people were playing one of three overpowered builds. I'm glad they're nerfing them. It is a GOOD thing because it is diversifying builds by making them more even. I remember when people cried about melee when 3.6 launched. Now that it's balancing with buffs to melee you guys are crying yet again.

You're only proving that GGG should ignore you.

I'm not saying that GGG always makes the right decisions. But they make far more good decisions than bad and people need to just relax and enjoy the game. Legion is going to be great and I'm highly looking forward to it. :)
Yes, Poe needs an Auction House.
"
Aquatic26 wrote:
The fact that so many people are angrily flipping out kinda proves that GGG is right and these changes were needed. Last league, 90% of people were playing one of three overpowered builds. I'm glad they're nerfing them. It is a GOOD thing because it is diversifying builds by making them more even. I remember when people cried about melee when 3.6 launched. Now that it's balancing with buffs to melee you guys are crying yet again.

I'm not saying that GGG always makes the right decisions. But they make far more good decisions than bad and people need to just relax and enjoy the game. Legion is going to be great and I'm highly looking forward to it. :)

Diversitising builds?

Like they make sure melee is absolute trash in 3.6 so EVERYONE MUST PLAY casters? Or make sure spells is absolute trash in 3.7 so EVERYONE MUST PLAY melee?

This is not diversity, they're just forcing meta, and make sure any non meta need to be trash so no-one will play it.

Just wait for 3.8 to nerf Slayer and Berserker back down again to force another stupid meta. Meta is forced upon BY GGG , not because playerbase has no creativity. They're the true culprit behind everything.

Only clowns who didn't play much of this game didn't know that.
(Still boggles me that GGG still think Storm Brand and Soulrend need a nerf despite their dps is quite laughable against bosses)
Last edited by mic01851165 on Jun 4, 2019, 10:30:03 AM
Why is it a problem that 3,000 Accuracy Rating is easy to obrain ? Spells cant miss. Just remove the accuracy stat from the game. BAM problem solved.

I am also glad I played all ES and spell builds I ever hoped to ... because they will be far weaker now. Not happy with the changes. You seem to be targeting the issues instead of the causes of the problems.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
Aquatic26 wrote:

Diversitising builds?

Like they make sure melee is absolute trash in 3.6 so EVERYONE MUST PLAY casters? Or make sure spells is absolute trash in 3.7 so EVERYONE MUST PLAY melee?

This is not diversity, they're just forcing meta, and make sure any non meta need to be trash so no-one will play it.

Just wait for 3.8 to nerf Slayer and Berserker back down again to force another stupid meta. Meta is forced upon BY GGG , not because playerbase has no creativity. They're the true culprit behind everything.

I haven't seen the patchnotes yet but in melee defense, any caster will still be way better than melee, they didn't mentioned anything about life in the manifesto so we can assume we are going to be playing 8k life or 8k es builds, so we both get oneshoted, so not being in the face of monsters will still be a better strategy.
"
Aquatic26 wrote:
Last league, 90% of people were playing one of three overpowered builds. I'm glad they're nerfing them. It is a GOOD thing because it is diversifying builds by making them more even.

Have you ever considered WHY 90% of people were playing 3-4 OP builds last league? Because at that time GGG introduced those OP skills and practically forced the spell-meta on us.

Now the nerf that meta and force the new one, the melee-oriented meta. Which will be nerfed to the ground at the end of the next league.

This is NOT diversity, this is an opposite of diversity.
"
Aquatic26 wrote:

Melee is bad because they ignored it for like a year. Of course people play Spells when they are getting new stuff all the time. FFS the bottom part of the tree was not changed in any meaningfull way for like 2 years.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
Aquatic26 wrote:

Diversitising builds?

(Still boggles me that GGG still think Storm Brand and Soulrend need a nerf despite their dps is quite laughable against bosses)

They're changing up the game to keep it fresh. This inherently rocks the boat as far as balance is concerned. Why be so angry about it? Calm down and have fun with the new options. There are tons of new builds to play now.
Yes, Poe needs an Auction House.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info