Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
A staff that can't roll caster modifiers is now called a Warstaff

Finally.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Great manifesto but I really think that the warlord's nerf is overturned. Poor us casters xwx.Love all the QQ.
Last edited by Malkybutt on Jun 4, 2019, 9:53:33 AM
I suppose I'll miss this league. No fun to play nerfed char again.
Of course they have to nerf casters in order to force a melee meta, anybody not comprehending that is as daft as a brush.

The actual root of the problem lies not in nerfs, but buffs and very questionable design choices when introducing power into the game, especially over the past few leagues.
When you allow your game to get to the point where every amoeba can copy paste a build that will afk clear the game, then you have no choice but to nerf that shit into the ground and then some.

I'm hoping that the specific changes in this manifesto were made with broader knowledge of what kind of power you're about to introduce in this league, in order to counteract the rise of another mindless caster build that has literally no drawbacks whatsoever, but being a realist, I think that it is inevitable.
"
givemelight wrote:
I'm a player who don't like meta, In fact I HATE it.. And I'm someone who like to play "A" and "B" class build, not "S" class (If that makes any sense)..

I played Soulrend last league, and I'd be ok with them nerfing it just 3 months after introducing it.

But man! They didn't nerf only this!

Since my return to PoE late during Delve, I played these builds:
* Toxic Rain + HOA Pathfinder (They nerfed HoA, and they nerfed Quill rain before)
* Poison + HOA Lancing Steel Pathfinder (They nerfed HoA)
* Scion (Slayer/elemenatlist) elemental shattering steel (they nerfed leech the last league)
* Vortex/Cold snap Occultist (nerf es, nerf occultist)
* Trickster elemental Shattering Steel es/evasion (they nerfed Ghost Dance, and nerfed es)
* Soulrend/Bane es Occultist (nerf es, nerf occultist, and nerf bane, and nerf soulrend!!!!!!!)

I played 6 builds, and 4 ascendancies through three leagues, and they nerfed them ALL! And some of them were not even close to meta.

This patch they are chasing me in every single corner, forcing me out of everything I find interesting ti be forced to play their newly introduced meta: Marauder and dualist ...

I even was considering Shield champion with HoA for Legion, but they nerfed it before the league even start !!

Why do I have to play Melee and only melee this league? Why I can't even keep my pathfinder? (Because Hearld of Agony is one of very main reasons to be Pathfinder! And Pathfinder was under performaing anyway!

Where to go now?

Agreed.

Was planning on NOT following Meta of creating a Slayer/ Berserker, and actually just secretly play my Cat Soulrend (I knew that skill doesn't do that much damage, who would have thought ggg think that damage is still too high lolz) in peace while everyone else is crazy about the new melee changes.

But now ggg seems like they don't want us to play ANYTHING BUT MELEE, they're FORCING the meta on us. They want to make non meta AS TRASH AS POSSIBLE like they did on 3.6 patch (nerfing leech on melee as much as possible), so everyone will play meta in the current league. Then after seeing everyone is playing Slayer/ Berserker again, they'd NERF IT BACK DOWN TO TRASH so next meta can be emerged.

I was not going to play Worb at all, and Worb occupies 50% of high end playerbase, while Soulrend only occupies around 6% , yet Soulrend still got nerfed? Why?
Last edited by mic01851165 on Jun 4, 2019, 10:05:19 AM
Not shure about warlord and HH but other things a ok. Maybe. Patch notes required.
So juggernaut is basically dead.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We've decided that Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane and Soulrend were too powerful for clearing through content without heavy investment, so the damage and other aspects have been reduced in power.

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

The Occultist now only has a single Energy Shield based notable, with a condensed and limited version of the previous Energy Shield notables. The ability for energy shield to be uninterruptible if recovery has started recently has moved to a new Keystone found near the Witch, making the mechanic available to a broader selection of characters, though with a new downside.

The Elementalist's Beacon of Ruin notable has been changed, no longer granting proliferation of elements, and with a lower value of minimum shock. The shock benefit provided too much power in combination with increases to shock effect, while the proliferation had significant effects on performance, regardless of whether it was being taken full advantage of. We'll be replacing or changing this and other sources of proliferation in the future.

In classic GGG fashion, they are "buffing" melee by annihilating the competition.
This is a buff™
Is this out of season aprils fool joke?
Helmet enchants should work similarly to Betrayal, or some of the enchant options should be removed. Other than that, cool stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info