del

It is kinda sad that in over 5 pages, he didn't understand that the thing worked the other way around.

Nobody wanted to steal from his PoE accout, someone was after his email in the first place. And then the saw in his emails, that some where from PoE and used that knowledge to break into the account. Nobody needs to now your email address, game accounts are hardly ever purposely breached.

People usually are after bank accounts or something like paypal, something that gives them easy money. Getting access to some game accounts is usually just a nice side effect.

There were about a dozen major breaches in the last year alone making billions of userdata public of course including email addresses, it is very likely that yours were among those, I know that because 3 of my email addresses were among them (one got stolen from a site I wasn't even affiliated with).

And like someone mentioned it is easy to check if your email is compromised.
"
Emphasy wrote:
It is kinda sad that in over 5 pages, he didn't understand that the thing worked the other way around.

Nobody wanted to steal from his PoE accout, someone was after his email in the first place. And then the saw in his emails, that some where from PoE and used that knowledge to break into the account. Nobody needs to now your email address, game accounts are hardly ever purposely breached.

People usually are after bank accounts or something like paypal, something that gives them easy money. Getting access to some game accounts is usually just a nice side effect.

There were about a dozen major breaches in the last year alone making billions of userdata public of course including email addresses, it is very likely that yours were among those, I know that because 3 of my email addresses were among them (one got stolen from a site I wasn't even affiliated with).

You are just making assumptions here, you really don't know that he wasn't targeted for . Good hackers can find breaches, and people in the right positions can abuse it. Hard to know for certain the way you claim it, that he was never targeted for his poe account.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 27, 2019, 4:10:56 PM
forum pvp has led to this. hacks for the lulz.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Emphasy wrote:

You are just making assumptions here, you really don't know that he wasn't targeted for . Good hackers can find breaches, and people in the right positions can abuse it. Hard to know for certain the way you claim it, that he was never targeted for his poe account.

he was not targeted by fking hackers :D
he had keylogger in his pc and all of his passwords has got stolen.
simple as that.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Man, sry to hear that. Stolen stuff, 4 years of play/work its like something has died - trust mostly, to who or to what to believe...

We have one preverb here: "opportunity makes a thief". For me its believable staff taking care of your native forum could take part in thievery. But what kind of information forum moderators have access to is hidden from our customers/players eyes and ggg will not tell us.

But I am just surprised hackers was able to get into your email and gaming account so fast, during no more than lets say 8 hours.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Good Luck

ps: cretins are cretins.. they shit on their own heads so hard, that they are unable to see anything else than their own shit .)
"
Kulze wrote:

Exalts and mirrors have RMT-value, chaos... maybe? Could have taken them. Items on the other hand take up a lot of space, and given the amount of items on the account those are a major bother actually.

items in poe got a unique id and are trackeable, currency isn't.

op is just a poor guy who got his account hacked. it's just that ggg's idea of account security goes to a certain level and just stops there.

that level is "make your email secure" cause your thousands of dollar of support hang on it OR your thaousands of hours of playtime hang on it.

both not sufficient. i think they could charge people for higher security and players would pay for that.

i would.

---

op's anti russian attitude just pisses me off, maybe it's a common thing to blame russians for everything bad, other countries also have great black hats ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
troffi wrote:
[Removed by Support]

L O L !!

This is so hilarious that I simply can't!

I can imagine it playing out like that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

Not that you would ever actually do it because you really have to be allergic to human interaction to get angry over a video game to such level.

[Removed by Support]

Excuse me, but did you just threaten to commit mass murder at an event, then suggest that it's GGG's fault if people die because of it?

Because even as a joke, that really isn't something you should be saying.
I guess hacking into other players accounts is another form of PVP in POE
Need more brains, exile?
"
dummyacct7 wrote:
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

L O L !!

This is so hilarious that I simply can't!

I can imagine it playing out like that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

Not that you would ever actually do it because you really have to be allergic to human interaction to get angry over a video game to such level.

[Removed by Support]

Excuse me, but did you just threaten to commit mass murder at an event, then suggest that it's GGG's fault if people die because of it?

yep he really meant that. for 5 mirrors. this guy...
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
dummyacct7 wrote:

I hope GGG takes it seriously too, lol. That would be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info