del

Hey reddit is a better place for troll posts, but they may not take kindly to lowkey racism.
"
troffi wrote:

So, given your lack of ability to discern cause and correlation properly I'll go into it a bit here as well:

You have no actual idea where the attack came from, handle that first before making accusations, that's first and foremost.

You'll most likely see that the attack either is coming from China/Russia or Venezuela, those 3 countries have the biggest amount of 'hackers' associated.

Also they aren't targeting people directly, they simply go and hack E-mails via brute-force methods, each one they manage to get into is then skimmed for any relevant data like bank-accounts and game-accounts.

From then on they empty out all relevant games with an RMT-black-market and get a rather well paid amount from destroying the time other people put into it.

So, chances you've simply had a common security breach (as is fairly common sadly) compared to someone from the company actually doing it is fairly high. That's why 2-way authenticators should ALWAYS be used. And even if it did happen, the person which is the cause for it just found a viable target as you lacked to secure your belongings properly. Not a nice thing to do, definitely illegal... unlikely someone with a well-paid job on the other hand would do that compared to someone who is in dire need for the money --> hence outside-sources are more likely once again.

First of all you should to learn how and why stuff like that happens before pushing the blame onto someone, in some countries what you're doing could actually be called defamation.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
Ive been hacked on poe too.

I couldnt log into the game when i tried and i sent a pm to support to lock my account, after i logged in i found out tjat all my currency and valuable items dissapeared

Cant describe how i felt those days, so much time and effort put into the game and everything lost

So i prrety much understand the guy, he lost crazy amount of time and effort

After that i read about what keylogging is. I typed my accout name and password on the keybord at those times, just what a keylogger needs

After that i use a programm to generate 30-50 key passwords for accounts, mails etc,, only do copy/paste, no typing, installed comodo so every connection to pc is under my controll

i advise to do this to everyone
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
You lost nothing.
Time or ignorance will tell you that some day in the future.

del
Last edited by troffi on May 27, 2020, 10:35:53 PM
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Vladimir plays PoE confirmed!

edit:

it is strange that Support denied account restore or unable/are unwilling to track who transferred the exalts from the account.
Whole case seems strange. Support can restore item you accidentally deleted with your character or missclicked in hideout to throw away, yet when account is compromised by 3rd party, they won't act.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on May 27, 2019, 5:41:11 AM
"
Support can restore item you accidentally deleted with your character or missclicked in hideout to throw away

Uh no they have never and will never do that

"
Support denied account restore or unable/are unwilling to track who transferred the exalts from the account.

GGG will never restore anything you lost

You have no idea what the support has told this guy.

Usually when you report something to GGG support they cannot tell you what they are doing and tell you that someone will take a look into it.

He got hacked plain and simple (if that is what happened)

He probably had a virus or used his email on other sites.
Which probably had a data breach where his info was stolen

I even told him to go check if his email has been pwned but he wont do that

Which is clearly a super smart thing to not even spend a few seconds to check

He clearly did not have two-step authentication to protect his account and lost what he claims to be "14,000 exalts"

GGG has nothing to do with this poor security on his account and once someone gets exalts usually they spend it or trade it to other people.

GGG cannot go around banning people without proof so the odds that the person who "stole" his exalts just kept them all on 1 account is unlikely.

So that person will most likely go unpunished and that's how it goes

Or hes lying and he did not lose anything

Who knows

There are people who still do the " you profit 35c " offering poop items for expensive gear.

So the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me and there are always people out there who will lie or think they are very smart

When in-fact they are not

Like instead of thinking that he got hacked from a data breach or virus.. which is the most logical explanation

No he thinks GGG hacked him...

Imagine that...

Thats the conclusion he came up with
Last edited by Bloomania on May 27, 2019, 6:14:28 AM
"
troffi wrote:

Oh well, bad luck for you there, that was a professional knowing how to use a changing VPN signature. Or rather... it were several people having access to your E-Mail, that account is screwed for the future unless measures are taken.

Far too much effort for someone working at the company, your currency is probably being sold off at some site by now.

I recommend both 2-way authentification for your E-Mail as well as for PoE. Especially for the E-Mail if it's provided with it.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
I just caught this guy lying

ready to get exposed :))))

His trade link showing items he has in standard with min price of 100 exa

http://poe.trade/search/ookinorubarehe - Standard

Proof that thats his ign

Yea they left him all his items only his "ex" and "acuity" was stolen

They left a ton of 6links cause they are nice hackers :)

(71 6 linked loreweaves in that search alone)

Last edited by Bloomania on May 27, 2019, 6:36:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info