Thank You and Path of Exile Spoilers

Prior to our official announcement of Path of Exile: Legion today, there was an unfortunate leak of some of the expansion information. We wanted to share our appreciation for how this was handled by the community.

We received several private DMs to let us know about this before the community at large became aware of the information. This enabled us to remove the information quickly and quietly. The information that did spread from a second leak was neatly handled in a single thread on reddit. We also noted that streamers weren't viewing the content and were discouraging their viewers from doing so as well.

Leaks like this can cause a lot of damage to our expansion announcements. A lot of detailed planning goes into the unveiling of new information and having pieces of information come out without the context of all the information we plan to release alongside it can really alter how well the announcement is received. This potentially has long term implications on the game if we're not able to get the most out of every expansion.

The way the community handled this particular incident was incredibly respectful to both fellow Path of Exile community members and the development team who have worked hard to make this a great announcement!

Thank you so much for being such good sports and for continuing to support us in our endeavours. We appreciate you all very much. We can't wait for the next two and a half weeks of Legion information and to see what you think at launch!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Just like the Game of Thrones season 8 spoilers I completely missed them. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
when did this happen
will patch notes be up before the new league? all I care.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
I missed them, too. Good thing, because I just finished reading this expansion's details. It looks pretty amazing!
I avoid reddit as much as possible anyway :D Good thing that the community can behave once every blue moon :)
"
GetChunky wrote:
when did this happen

Exactly why Bex is saying thank you
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Omg no we thank you!
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Missed it completely.

Never go to reddit anyway.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on May 21, 2019, 9:29:27 PM
I would never go on reddit, so I was at no risk of seeing spoilers. I don't see how that would change anything though. I'm hyped!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info