[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
Slash125 wrote:
"
Valkirth wrote:
"
Slash125 wrote:
While I'm having fun with this build and enjoying it. Tectonic feels so slow, like I"m covered in tar or something. Also what could I improve on what I have so far? This is my second time playing a league so I'm not very savy with this game yet. D:

hard to say without knowing this like your att speed etc (im at +66% as not at maps yet and it feels pretty solid,amazing when you pop berserk)

Maaaybe I'm just used to way too fast of attacking from the last league I played then. I'm at 119% if I'm reading this correctly.

it's the weapons,i was using 1.60 att per sec rapiers,i just swapped to 2x 1.30 att and its a bit more noticeable,will sure improved if you can get some really nice rapiers,one way to improve is to link bloodrage on a cwdt setup (im running CWDT+molten shell+wave of conviction+blood rage and it's working great)
Last edited by Valkirth on Jun 11, 2019, 12:28:24 AM
"
mdedonato wrote:
Hey Rake, this is a great guide! Thank you for this. I have a suggestion and a question.

Suggestion: "Dash" be switched with "Flame Dash". My reasoning is that Flame Dash will has 3 stacks whereas Dash has 1. Also, Flame Dash is a fire spell and will trigger more endurance charges. When I use it I have a few endurance charges before the next encounter begins. Let me know your thoughts.

Question: Why is Herald of Purity better than Herald of Ash for this build?

purity is barely better,ash comes out on top for me but purity makeup for it with minions,i've swapped to ash and clear speed is fine imho.
Hey Rake, I realy need to thank you for this amazing guide! I have a question..

What can I do for mana problems? I cant find your Mana Sustain Section.
this build so far is alot of fun. i decided to give ichimonji corsair swords a try after trying out ahn's mights with 0 frenzy's. i kind of like ichimonji's more atm since its more attack speed and can leap around really fast.

hopefully rng gods bless us all with good currency so we can afford some of these good foils lol

edit: also ichimonji's are pretty cheap compared to ahn's. even though ahn's are getting a little cheaper now.
Last edited by euthh on Jun 11, 2019, 1:10:39 AM
OP: Clearly organized and detail build, so I really do praise you for that.

HC players: This build is shit. You will die, look elsewhere.
I currently have 0 problems with mana sustain, running Hatred + Purity + Blood & Sand. However, I have a ring that gives -7 mana costs and I am only running a 5 link (I'm a poor boy who can't afford a 6L yet). If you can I highly recommend crafting the -Mana cost onto your ring or buying one that has it, at least temporarily. Again though, I want to emphasize I only have a 5L.
"
deviantek wrote:

HC players: This build is shit. You will die, look elsewhere.

Why this? I am not a HC-Player but I have the feeling that his build is everything else than squishy. I just died two times and both of these deaths were when I unlocked nearly all legion mobs and got smashed by a thousand of things.

Of course you cannot facetank stuff but therefore you have very high mobility with the new leap slam.
So no Multistrike support? Going to attack sooooooooo slow. Build struggles without it. trying to leach and clear fast. Even popping beserk just doesn't feel right. I'm trying, but I've done tec slam build before in delve and it was fast and fun, taking out multi just hurts the complete feeling of it.

And blood and sand taking up so much more mana. Man I really was for this build but its just I don't know. Wanted to really try it, just to slow and to low mana.
Last edited by daimonxp on Jun 11, 2019, 3:05:21 AM
Been playing a decent amount over the weekend, 85 at the moment and entering red maps.
Using two Ahn's Might and the attack speed is dreadful, it's fine with Berserk but without it isn't much fun for me sadly.

Hoping the foils will change that, but they're sitting at 7ish exalts each at the moment so it's going to take a few days to get there.

Guide is excellent though, thanks for all the work you've put in.
"
MarioMCP wrote:
I currently have 0 problems with mana sustain, running Hatred + Purity + Blood & Sand. However, I have a ring that gives -7 mana costs and I am only running a 5 link (I'm a poor boy who can't afford a 6L yet). If you can I highly recommend crafting the -Mana cost onto your ring or buying one that has it, at least temporarily. Again though, I want to emphasize I only have a 5L.

Same, I can't run all 3, plus no multistrike support, you just hit wayyyy to slow feels like it breaks it for me. There has to be a way to use it. But I can't run all 3 buffs to low mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info