[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

First of all thank you for such amazing guide, very detailed and easy to follow when you go to improve your items, good job.

I love the skill and how it looks but the low attack speed is killing me, its so frustrating, damage is ok even with crappy gear.

I tested close combat but I prefer use pulverise even with the penalty to AS, rage + berserk with bosses or hard mobs is amazing.

I use herald of ash, war banner and herald of purity, hatred + purity only gives me the chance to do one or two attacks without hit, a little bit annoying.

I think that the only solution to AS is very expensive foils that I don't know when I can afford, lol, but again, I love your guide and the skill, both amazing, what a pity that GGG nerf AS so much.

Sorry if i made grammathical mistakes, my english is not the best.
"
Derre wrote:
Been playing a decent amount over the weekend, 85 at the moment and entering red maps.
Using two Ahn's Might and the attack speed is dreadful, it's fine with Berserk but without it isn't much fun for me sadly.

I personally found that scrapping the dual wield Ahn's Might idea and instead getting two semi-decent pdps swords w/ attack speed, and capitalizing off of blood rage's frenzy generation felt infinitely better and was 100x more enjoyable. Obviously it's going to vary, but you can get similar (if not better) results out of it if you look hard enough for swords.
Lol, why in tree is damage with staves and minion damage???
I played tec. slam in the flashback and really loved it so I went tec slam again with the melee update. I'm currently very confused when it comes to gems. I just can't decide what setup to use...
"
Somoleks wrote:
Lol, why in tree is damage with staves and minion damage???

Learn to read pls, some people ask the same question and u got ur sentences in the nodes
(SPOILER : ENDURANCE CHARGE )

How does the Jewel Transcendent Flesh work, according to the author's PoB, he gives 300k DPS, does he add 20k to my PoB?
"
Sharekoube1 wrote:

How does the Jewel Transcendent Flesh work, according to the author's PoB, he gives 300k DPS, does he add 20k to my PoB?

Actually look at the jewel in PoB. He edited it so that it also simulates the 15% more damage and 100% phys as fire from the ascendancy as well
Is there a particular reason that you use ice golem? Lightning golem seems to give more dps on every step of the game. And since we have a shit ton of accuracy we dont really benefit from that either. Is critical strike chance better than attack speed even thought pob says a.s has more dps?
Hey Rake7. Can you explain minimum Power/Frenzy charge craft on rings/amulet? I'm a little confused.
"
Chaviliz wrote:

I think that the only solution to AS is very expensive foils that I don't know when I can afford, lol, but again, I love your guide and the skill, both amazing, what a pity that GGG nerf AS so much.

Hi. Look for weapons with Fire Penetration+%incr physical damage+attack speed+added fire damage. You can get decent weapons with those mods for anywhere between 5 and 20c. You want about a 50/50 mix between the physical and elemental (fire) damage the weapon does. For instance a 400 dps weapon should have 200 phys and 200 fire damages. Fire pen on weapons gives significant dps boost. Don't use Elemental Focus, use Combustion instead with this setup. I am personally using TS + Fortify + Multistrike + Elemental damage with attacks + Combustion + Concentrated effect.
Use Herald of Ash (also Flesh and Stone on sand stance cause it helps with blinding, its a significant survivability boost and Precision so you won't need Lycosidae and Flesh and Stone).

As for Multistrike... Its bugged but we (I) are not sure it affects Tectonic Slam or just other skills like Flicker Strike. Either use Multistrike or use the plain old Faster Attacks gem.

For Endurance charge generation look for a ring with Warlord's Mark on hit. GL.

Last edited by Mondaysoon on Jun 11, 2019, 6:21:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info