[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
smileztc wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
Anyone mind looking at my char and giving me some input and what I should change/do.

I'd definitely start by upgrading your flasks, Atziri's Promise gives pretty great damage and some nice life leech for little to no cost at all. A diamond flask would also be pretty good for your damage seeing as it is built towards crit in the endgame.

Secondly, I'm not sure how the combustion support is feeling for you but I'd give Rage Support a shot, the flat physical scales your damage tremendously and it's very easy to keep your rage stacks up (You also get to utilize berserk which is great for beating down beefier mobs.)

Lastly, start working towards the crit nodes on the tree, I've noticed you don't currently have either Dismembering or Disembowling, which both give a lot of crit chance & multiplier, further pushing your dps up and up.

I'll start getting more flasks, I changed some of my gems up, and skill tree how does it look now? I'll start working towards crit nodes now to.

EDIT: Updated my flasks, I got rid of the staff nodes, since I got "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" on my "Leap Slam" links, I don't think I need the nodes, I grabbed 1 gem slot node for that -1 frenzy gem. Also, with the extra points I had with getting rid of the staff nodes, I got "Endurance Charge Duration and Endurance" node, although maybe it's worth refunding those 2 and getting "Dismembering"?
Last edited by Cpfuzzy on Jun 10, 2019, 3:01:12 AM
Which 6l setup do u guys use?
Hi thanks for the guide
I have one question why dis not use nebuloch it seems very powerfull in this build?
Bye
I'm also looking for a little bit of help so of anyone would take a look at my character I'd be more than grateful (hope it's visible publicly).

I'm about to start maps yet I can barely survive there at level 70. I think I just have too little HP to survive at 2.5k HP. I'm a bit lacking on Health Nodes and have done the Lab only once but those are the next things I'm working on.

I can survive against normal mobs and rares but bosses like the one in Ivory Temple give me a lot of trouble.

I'd like to upgrade few things via trading but items are too expensive still when things like the Scaeva weapons cost several Chaos Orbs each and I have like 3 Orbs only..

E: I have Herald of Ash equipped as I used it while leveling up but currently I keep only Herald of Purity on as a mana reserving skill.
Last edited by dragothica on Jun 10, 2019, 2:54:41 AM
"
dragothica wrote:
I'm also looking for a little bit of help so of anyone would take a look at my character I'd be more than grateful (hope it's visible publicly).

I'm about to start maps yet I can barely survive there at level 70.

I'm amazed you managed to get into maps, actually. 2500hp on a melee char is super rippy, and you might be struggling for damage as well. You have 2 immediate problems to solve asap:

1. you have almost no life on gear; you should absolutely strive to get life on all gear slots, and while ring/amu can be justified to have none if it has really awesome offensive stats, your chest, belt, boots, hands and head MUST all have a life roll each, even the bench crafted one is better than nothing

2. for level 70 your weapons are very subpar, you need to upgrade those two as soon as you can, even just a higher level weapon (like from an act 10 vendor) with some damage rolls (decent % or flat phys, with a few alts) would probably give you an increase

Sift through your drops so far, maybe you have some stuff worth a few chaos (jewel, qual gem, div cards?).
I'm at 175k hideout dps with 315k with 100% conversion from chieftain
I've seen up to 700k DPS with flasks popped and a lot of rage going. Berserk feels insanely good.

My biggest issue so far is mana (That'll be fixed once I get an enlighten jewel and thought about the -mana aura % jewel.) No where near his 5.2mil hideout unbuffed lol.

Got the melee crit multi jewel and pacifism.

@Pythonmsh

For the mana issue:

Don't use Hatred. Use Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand. Saves you 15% Mana and has the same damage. Without a Watchers Eye with Hatred-Mods even more damage imho.
Last edited by Kewrdy on Jun 10, 2019, 4:30:44 AM
"
Kewrdy wrote:

@Pythonmsh

For the mana issue:

Don't use Hatred. Use Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand. Saves you 15% Mana and has the same damage. Without a Watchers Eye with Hatred-Mods even more damage imho.

Not using hatred is a big dps loss for me. Also the freezes are amazing.
Ok bois quick headsup, just got into yellow maps really enjoying the playstyle so far.

Sooo biggest question considering the 6L , currently running Tecslam+Fortify+MeleePhys+WED+Pulverise+Close Combat and i have to say i really dislike Close Combat i pobbed my 6L yesterday and the best potential outcome dps wise would be: 1. Conc(loss of AoE for mapping) 2. Ele Focus(19k diff) ... Rage is like -40k dps loss to the both aforementioned BUT im not sure if Pob is calculating the Rage Dmg correctly.

What do you guys think ?
"
Ok bois quick headsup, just got into yellow maps really enjoying the playstyle so far.

Sooo biggest question considering the 6L , currently running Tecslam+Fortify+MeleePhys+WED+Pulverise+Close Combat and i have to say i really dislike Close Combat i pobbed my 6L yesterday and the best potential outcome dps wise would be: 1. Conc(loss of AoE for mapping) 2. Ele Focus(19k diff) ... Rage is like -40k dps loss to the both aforementioned BUT im not sure if Pob is calculating the Rage Dmg correctly.

What do you guys think ?

I'm at work now so can't check, but the way to make sure would be to disable the gem then manually add flat phys frfom the gem and rage effects (inc damage and ias) to something (e.g. a jewel) equivalent to the amount Rage would give when stacked up, and check again.

Plus, using Rage enables using Zerk, which could end up being worth it for hard encounters even at a slight dps loss otherwise, as it's just another large dps cd + speed cd + defensive cd all baked into one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info