Acid caverns t13 map boss

honestly just remove the map from ur atlas and horizon orb any that happen to drop for you, forget about it.

its a t15 map, u get nothing for doing it that u dont get from any other t15 map, theres no medal, theres no bragging rights, theres certainly no drops that will make it worth risking anything for over simply doing a different t15.

a good player assesses the risks of this game and makes the choice that risks the least for the same reward. a good game makes sure the players take the risks by making the reward too good to pass up. If they cant make a good game then dont worry about it, keep being a good player.

You take life nodes right? You have a choice, you can choose not to take them and you get a more challenging game as a result, but theres no reward for it, a good player takes life nodes because it reduces the risk of death and theres no down side. whats the down side for running a different t15?

nothing.

remove it from ur atlas, if they dont balance their game its their problem in this instance because that map is optional, doesnt have to be your problem. the same common sense that aims for 7k life and uses skill gems rather than autoattack applied to the mapping system says skip the entire map. dont run the map and skip the boss, thats silly, skip the entire map and run a different one that you are going to kill the boss in.

well said.^^ advice i will take.
Yeah I have made some experiences with these bosses aswell....
Warning, angry German inside (Austrian).
https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticBoxyGooseBibleThump

First time ever to have a spectre and ANIMATE GUARDIAN die...
Those were the map mods, just alot of life but nothing else, no Attackspeed or castspeed.
https://imgur.com/lNckAPV
"
kompaniet wrote:
Tone down the warband boss on acid caverns who shoots 100 stacked stormcalls.

That guy destroyed my entire army of 7 super strong montregul zombies with 40k life, 2 spectres, 1 stone golem and animated guardian (i had to unsummon as it was about to die) IN SECONDS
An army that can handle über elder but not a t13 map boss.

1 spectre survived the carnage. I backed out when everything died instantly. Not even any damaging map mods. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if there was one or two damage mods.

Not saying the map boss doesn't hit hard, but your super strong Montrequl Grasp Zombies only have 40K life?

That sounds low to me. I have Zombies in my build that have 36K life, no Grasp, no Meat Shield support, no Minion Life support.

Also, what are your minion resists? Resists matter.

Furthermore, you are familiar with the map boss and the type of damage dealt. Did you change up your auras/support gems for the encounter? With Purity of Lighting and an Elemental Army support, your Zombies, et. al., can quickly have +8 to max Lightning resistance. In addition, there is Bone Offering: 35%'ish spell block.

Did you do any of this, or did you run it with a one size fits all build and expect to win?

(1) Boss Rooms

If I remember correctly, one of the prime motivations for boss rooms was a refresh of buffs/vaal skills to down-power players. When a boss was in the "map" you could basically supersayan charge up and down the boss easy peasy - the zone in removed that.

So boss rooms were added for your inconvenience, not convenience, just sayin'.

(2) One Shots

And PoE has always been easy until you are suddenly dead. The damage spikes have increased with player power creep, as they have to, which affects the casual/new player far more than those of us who have played through all the gradual changes.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

That guy destroyed my entire army of 7 super strong montregul zombies with 40k life, 2 spectres, 1 stone golem and animated guardian (i had to unsummon as it was about to die) IN SECONDS

1 spectre survived the carnage. I backed out when everything died instantly. Not even any damaging map mods. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if there was one or two damage mods.

Not saying the map boss doesn't hit hard, but your super strong Montrequl Grasp Zombies only have 40K life?

That sounds low to me. I have Zombies in my build that have 36K life, no Grasp, no Meat Shield support, no Minion Life support.

Furthermore, you are familiar with the map boss and the type of damage dealt. Did you change up your auras/support gems for the encounter? With Purity of Lighting and an Elemental Army support, your Zombies, et. al., can quickly have +8 to max Lightning resistance. In addition, there is Bone Offering: 35%'ish spell block.

Did you do any of this, or did you run it with a one size fits all build and expect to win?

You DO know that the post you're responding to is 8 months and 3 leagues old, right?
good map, i'm pretty sure that the cast-on-hit guy doesn't always spawn so you might get lucky.

but if he spawns please atleast unsummon your AG.. i dont think any amount of minionlife would help (res-capped AG ofc).
d:-D*
"
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

You DO know that the post you're responding to is 8 months and 3 leagues old, right?

No. Didn't expect a necro'd thread to be at the top of feedback forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info