Skill Reveal: Lancing Steel and Shattering Steel

If impale damage scales off of 10% unmitigated phys damage, does that mean that if you run full conversion the impale does no damage?
I really feel like giving skills their own special Ailment is kinda contrary to the original vision for the game. It steps on the original and quite appealing idea that Supports would modify how skills function.

Impale would have made an amazing Physical Support gem, in a design space that is sorely lacking competitive options. Giving say "impaled enemies take double base physical ailment damage" for example along with its current debuff, might have made for a great and thematic bleed build support a mechanic that needs a ton of help.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Nov 18, 2018, 8:51:34 PM
So basically Lancing Steel is

GGG, pls release an mtx for this skill that adds the remaining visual effects. Call it Radiant Steel or something. :')
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 18, 2018, 9:18:18 PM
"
IkeAndRobin wrote:
If impale damage scales off of 10% unmitigated phys damage, does that mean that if you run full conversion the impale does no damage?

Exactly, it also means that any passives you spend on WED (EDWAS) Elemental attack supports etc. are not going to synergize at all.

This is why I conclude that if there are no buffs to Phys and Bleed that these skills (at least for impalement mechanic) are dead on arrival.

Ofc it might turn out that with full ele conversion one of the skills is super good for something and everyone will flock to this and ignore Impalement that's always possible and frequently the case, but in terms of being a "pure phys skill" yeah... like I said.

Its always possible we're going to hear about buffs to bleed and phys soon and that Bleed Bow and these two skills might hint at such, here's to hoping... I really am keen on making a good bleed/phys ground slammer it's just that by doing so I will throw away 66% of my damage potential (going full conversion is just way better ALWAYS).
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Exile009 wrote:
So basically Lancing Steel is

:')

Combine the New with the Old, youtube Rainbow "Gates of Babylon"

Spoiler
Ronnie James Dio if you didn't know, and you're welcome
Last edited by alhazred70 on Nov 18, 2018, 9:01:30 PM
eh
ya i only hope lancing steel has a melee tab unlike shattering steel just so i can use it with multistrike. if you can use lancing steel with multistrike...oh baby. if not, it might be worth using just because you could clear and single target with it, but there will still be other better skills for both.

impale i agree will be dead in the water. pure phys is territrash. especially since these new skills are sword and axe only, meaning you can use a stat stick with it.

stat sticks are confirmed to being nerfed via jonathan on the baeclast however we don't know if it'll come in 3.5 or later
I think this is one of those things GGG doesn’t pay too much attention to it. Ranged melee isn’t melee, listen to your goddamn customers please!!! Create true melee skills, some of us would love it!
Please bring Auction House or new minions please :) S2
Last edited by samfortal on Nov 18, 2018, 9:19:03 PM
"
shydo wrote:
I think this is one of those things GGG doesn’t pay too much attention to it. Ranged melee isn’t melee, listen to your goddamn customers please!!! Create true melee skills, some of us would love it!

Unfortunately, they are listening to their customers. Ranged melee is way more popular than melee melee. We already have quite a few actually melee skills in the game, after all. And the only real melee skill that's popular is Molten Strike, and that too only for its bossing potential. So you actually have to hope they go against the playerbase here, not with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info