Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

GGG, seriously.... Can you keep the current version of the Vortex skill gem in the game at least after this update? Like put these cold spell changes in a new set of skill gems. I mean there is no Vaal Gem for Vortex. Or just let my relic gem still have old mechanics.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 4:43:34 PM
Kijostyle420 give yourself a break.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
Kijostyle420 give yourself a break.

They are about to ruin a part of the game. Should I just be silent?

I'm not saying they might not make it better than it is now, somehow.

I'm just expecting it's not going to be in a positive direction. THIS IS THE THIRD ATTEMPT PEOPLE!

You act like I spend my life posting in this blog everyday. I only came forward, on this particular subject, because I knew NO ONE ran this spell and ever took it far enough to figure it out.

Don't worry about me. Try providing constructive feedback in either direction.

I left D3 because they couldn't get that exact same type of spell to work right.
Reading the post, it's like a movie trailer that leaves you not wanting to see the movie.

Between multiple interacting skills and cool downs, both skills sound like they will be clunky and won't complete against other skills that get the job done far better. I'm also not seeing that you would bring either skill to a boss fight.

It's too bad - a December league and a focus on cold skills seems to imply we will get a new league mechanic around cold - maybe weather effects (snow storm, gales, sub-zero temps) will be the league's new mechanic?

What about Shock Nova?
A simple video demonstrating all that would be more helpful than a wall of text.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I just... ALL OF MY YES!

edit:
This does seem like these could have just been threshold gems though.
Last edited by Dejhaseo on Oct 30, 2018, 8:59:01 PM
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
I try to be as honest as possible: "These Changes do not look good"

Ice Nova now got another weird interaction with Frostbolt? Why? Not that most POE-Players hated this already with Vortex. GGG please get rid of those and create Treshold-jewels for the few people who actually like those interations as they are now.

I can not see myself or anybody I know play this ICENOVA + SPELL-ECHO + FROSTBOLT combo. DOA!!!!

Now to the elephant in the room: "Why are you nerfing Vortex further?"

Since the AOE- and double-dipping nerfs Vortex was pretty much dead. Even with all the AOE-nodes + AOE Support Gem on the tree it has a ridiculous low area. The problem of this skill is range and damage on its own.
The interaction with Frostbolt is so outdated only a handfull of players even try it. It is so pre 2.0 ... not like anything modern.

With the cooldown you practically kill the last bit out of the skill. No, I am not trusting you on this. You ruined another skill / build with this cooldown nonsense in 3.4. Namely "Righteous Fire totem" which BTW I tried as my leage starter. Placing more than 2 of those totems become so clunky and slow it had to reroll. NOTICE THIS: COOLDOWNS SUCK

Zero chance that this will work with Vortex either. It will be as bad as normal Cold Snap. Make the skill an aura like Righteous Fire but with constant mana drain like the old Arctic Armour system (extremely more Mana costs while moving).

Or design Vortex similar like Vaal Cold Snap. Otherweise the skill is dead on arrival. Nobody wants to stand on top of a boss or dangerous mod mob ... or roll over the keyboard while other skills just need a single push of a button.

Outside of Ice spear these changes all seem rushed and not planned very well. If you do a rework, do it properly!
Just let me play my dream Ice Nova + Whirling Blades / Shield Charge build without feeling completely gimped at high levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info