[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

Hi,
I need some help on improving the damage. The tankiness is quite good:
- 7k life
- 78% all Res
- 84% Chaos Res
I can facetank all guardians, however the damage is very poor. I have no chance of beating a 10-boss encounter, can't even kill one boss without getting overwhelmed :(

Here's my eq (ignore the Arrogance Support - Blood Magic was replaced with it and I don't know yet what to put there instead):

Four things come to my mind when it comes to improvements:
- Watcher's Eye
- Awakened Elemental Damage Support
- Helm Enchant (which will be the hardest to get)
- Corrupted Kaom's Heart with added damage

I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what to improve next.
Last edited by wrozansk on Apr 17, 2021, 4:14:44 PM
Fun build!
Last edited by vektson on Apr 17, 2021, 7:37:33 PM
How come in the pob in the bottom left of the tree there are extra nodes(feed the fury,repeater,nature's patience,etc) that I don't have on my skill tree? Also like the other guy said, do you think you can make a skill tree leveling guide? Like what the build looks like at 25,50,75,etc skill points?
"
wrozansk wrote:
Hi,
- 7k life
- 78% all Res
- 84% Chaos Res
I can facetank all guardians, however the damage is very poor. I have no chance of beating a 10-boss encounter, can't even kill one boss without getting overwhelmed :(

- Watcher's Eye

I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what to improve next.

The cluster jewels will add a huge boost to your damage, make sure you get the right mods. Watcher's Eye also a good call, even if you only get one or two of the right mods on it, but a decent one will be very expensive.

For Kaom's I usually try to find the less critical damage received mod, but the +50% damage is also a good one. I think you can now also anoint corrupted amulets so might get a good corruption on Xoph's then add cleansed thoughts/tribal fury to get some passives back.

Boots with Tailwind, second ring with with ele damage, run lab to get +balls on helmet. After all that you will be looking to craft better gear but that will be a whole different kind of investment.
"
Calvinvng wrote:
How come in the pob in the bottom left of the tree there are extra nodes(feed the fury,repeater,nature's patience,etc) that I don't have on my skill tree? Also like the other guy said, do you think you can make a skill tree leveling guide? Like what the build looks like at 25,50,75,etc skill points?

They come from cluster jewels, look them up on the wiki so you know how they work. Basically you can roll mods on cluster jewels, depending on their size and they act like a keystone passive of mods of your choice.

Skill tree - how I usually go is

25 - https://pastebin.com/hdkeLN3A
50 - https://pastebin.com/p1SQ1wW7

The reason you cannot really have full guide on the POB is because it really depends on the gear you get and what you can afford at that level.

If you have access to good jewels - pick those nodes. If you are lacking tankiness - take the life nodes. If you can get a really good cluster jewel, make that a priority because that will make a massive difference in how the build plays.

Note I took Avatar of Fire on the level 50 passive tree - that's because you won't have Xoph's at that level but it's something that will really help. You can always unlearn those once you get the amulet, but at least it boosts your damage in the meantime.

Also don't be afraid to pick whatever you need till you reach the endgame, I usually pick some damage mods or get a mediocre cluster jewel to boost my damage at temporarily while I get the currency to buy or craft the ideal one.
Last edited by cleanerr on Apr 18, 2021, 5:33:27 AM
"
cleanerr wrote:
"
wrozansk wrote:
Hi,
- 7k life
- 78% all Res
- 84% Chaos Res

- Watcher's Eye

The cluster jewels will add a huge boost to your damage, make sure you get the right mods. Watcher's Eye also a good call, even if you only get one or two of the right mods on it, but a decent one will be very expensive.

For Kaom's I usually try to find the less critical damage received mod, but the +50% damage is also a good one. I think you can now also anoint corrupted amulets so might get a good corruption on Xoph's then add cleansed thoughts/tribal fury to get some passives back.

Boots with Tailwind, second ring with with ele damage, run lab to get +balls on helmet. After all that you will be looking to craft better gear but that will be a whole different kind of investment.

I have all the needed cluster jewels:
- 2x Repeater
- 2x Eye To Eye
- Feed the Fury
- Smite The Weak
- Fuel the Fight

Which mod in the Watcher's Eye for Anger is better?
- increased fire damage
- fire res penetration?

On the second ring getting ele damage after harvest changes will be hard. The only option would be to replace the life mod and craft it, then hope to hit life mode with harvest. Will consider it.

Guess it's time for lab running then.
Pretty comfy league starter, just finished acts. What piece of gear should I go for first? Sword?
How do you guys sustain your mana? With all the auras up I only have like 25% mana and I can usually only molten strike like 8 times before I'm out of mana. In the gear list I don't see anything with mana leech unless I missed it.
"
cleanerr wrote:
"
wrozansk wrote:
Hi,
- 7k life
- 78% all Res
- 84% Chaos Res

- Watcher's Eye

"
cleanerr wrote:
"
Calvinvng wrote:

They come from cluster jewels, look them up on the wiki so you know how they work. Basically you can roll mods on cluster jewels, depending on their size and they act like a keystone passive of mods of your choice.

Skill tree - how I usually go is

25 - https://pastebin.com/hdkeLN3A
50 - https://pastebin.com/p1SQ1wW7

The reason you cannot really have full guide on the POB is because it really depends on the gear you get and what you can afford at that level.

If you have access to good jewels - pick those nodes. If you are lacking tankiness - take the life nodes. If you can get a really good cluster jewel, make that a priority because that will make a massive difference in how the build plays.

Note I took Avatar of Fire on the level 50 passive tree - that's because you won't have Xoph's at that level but it's something that will really help. You can always unlearn those once you get the amulet, but at least it boosts your damage in the meantime.

Also don't be afraid to pick whatever you need till you reach the endgame, I usually pick some damage mods or get a mediocre cluster jewel to boost my damage at temporarily while I get the currency to buy or craft the ideal one.

all good suggestions.

should also notice your flasks- there is no point using two silver flasks, you dont get double effect.
replace the cinder with wise oak if you need the curse\bleed mods on your magic ones.

do you have the natural affinity small jewel?
you will need to adapt a little bit to its play style but it provides a good damage and defensive boost.

for the helmet, you really want the essence mod for 30% more elemental damage.
i would try to buy one with the enchant (very expensive) or try to craft one yourself with essence of horror.
the essence mod should yield more dps overall compared to the enchant if i remember the calculations correctly (did the math like 2 years ago..).

"
Calvinvng wrote:
How do you guys sustain your mana? With all the auras up I only have like 25% mana and I can usually only molten strike like 8 times before I'm out of mana. In the gear list I don't see anything with mana leech unless I missed it.

we get life and mana leech from the large cluster setup, its in the gear section.

25% unreserved mana sounds pretty high, what are you running?
with level 3 enlighten linked to anger, blood&sand and precision you should have 17%, which is more than enough for sustaining.
Would anyone have a suggestion on the order of upgrades by priority? For whatever reason currency just ain't flowing in the league and I'm in maps with a whopping 8c, so I'm looking to upgrade by highest priority first. Any suggestions, because these ultimatums are whipping my ass lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info