Aaron Ciccheli who owns 7.5% of GGG, owns two RMT websites that sell POE items.

I'm posting this here, since this is GGG's actual forum, for the benefit of those who do not frequent Reddit.

It would be high hopes that it would get any less cluttered or derailed with off-topic than is the case at Reddit, but one can try.

Title copy pasted from Reddit for consistency and here is the link to the thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80ga51/aaron_ciccheli_who_owns_75_of_ggg_owns_two_rmt/

You may be as shocked as I am or perhaps you see justifications that I don't.

What concerns me most is the apparent vagueness in Chris Wilson's response of 14 hours ago at time of this post. In the past 6 years I have always gotten the feeling of absolute certainty from any of his communication. This is the first exception for me.

"Aaron has no power or say in anything we do. Those sites stopped selling PoE items some time ago and the advice he has given us has helped a lot in our ongoing fight against RMT. I'm aware that it looks bad, but the goal was to improve PoE by getting the right expertise on board. We wouldn't have taken his investment unless we were sure it would achieve this goal.

Edit: I'm pretty sure he doesn't own those sites any more, either. His name is still on the domain registration but he says he sold them earlier this year."

"pretty sure"?
"he says he sold"?

Those are things I'd like to think you are absolutely certain of and have proof to back it up with in the case of something is significant as this.
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2018, 2:55:32 AM
Not shocked at all. Rumors have it that GGG got their start this way, running RMT for D2.

I also don't find it all that significant.
Lets put our tin foil hats on and throw around some speculation when there isnt really any evidence of wrong doing
lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 27, 2018, 7:50:49 AM
chris n ggg can do watever they wan and watever they do... no big shit... juz get over it...
34pre98qua
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. The state of the industry today is basically as a consumer / player you know what really has been cooked up in the kitchen and how, before it’s served to you at the table.
*** Dedicated MTX Collector ***
"You don't fail at the game by not killing every single boss, you'd fail by continuing to play after it stops being enjoyable."
- Egalisator
"
the advice he has given us has helped a lot in our ongoing fight against RMT

You tell that to my Ignore list.
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
Impeach Chris!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Sarge_101 wrote:

"pretty sure"?
"he says he sold"?

Dread Pirate Roberts said the same thing about Silk Road...

And now he's in jail...
Better than selling loot boxes.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Feb 27, 2018, 9:42:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info