Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

17h in, 4 scions lvl 7 80% (how the fuck can you reack lvl 8 in 10h is beyond me) and no Oni. First time ever I'll reach lvl 8 with no drop, it's just too much for me. I'll go through this but it's my last time, an unlucky run is unbearable. Should've farmed the cards.

18h farming, finally got one.

And saw a Ed+Contagion oneshot entire screen and lost all the will to play
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Found mine with 7-7-7-7. Lucky.
I'll continue farming for a swap, but not chaining them.
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
Should've farmed the cards.

For reference, across 2 accounts, since the card was released, I have farmed 3 swords and 7 cards in total.
I doubt anyone has ever bothered to farm all 27 cards.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
Should've farmed the cards.

For reference, across 2 accounts, since the card was released, I have farmed 3 swords and 7 cards in total.
I doubt anyone has ever bothered to farm all 27 cards.

Yeah wrong way to put it, was thinking about bying them more than farming them.
"
johnKeys wrote:
Got her!

Damn Uber Hillock is tough, even for a level 8 Marauder Heavy Striker.
So much HP and he hits hard too.
He probably has more HP than Merveil...

Congrats! I am a little curious how "adjusted" Hillock plays, may farm OG on my alt later.

"
Now I can begin Legion properly.

Watch out. The buff to rare monster Life is pretty substantial, at least for the tanky base mobs (like the walking cages), so be sure to make full use of all melee buffs available to you (Rage Support where possible, the Guard skills, etc.)

"
xVINCEREx wrote:

Yeah wrong way to put it, was thinking about bying them more than farming them.

This is reasonable, 10+ hr grinding same beach is not the right game for everyone ;) even if you don't "earn" her, a 6L that scales with you from level 1 to endgame, is a flaming katana-sabre, and has custom voice lines, is a solid weapon to run any league with.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 10, 2019, 10:46:08 AM
"
adghar wrote:

This is reasonable, 10+ hr grinding same beach is not the right game for everyone ;) even if you don't "earn" her, a 6L that scales with you from level 1 to endgame, is a flaming katana-sabre, and has custom voice lines, is a solid weapon to run any league with.

Man I'm 21h in, I wanna scar myself and scorch my skin to put it in a frame, it's that painful. Never took me more than 15h to get one, this time it's just aweful. I'm missing the entire league start + I'm already burnt out of my mind. Don't even wanna play PoE anymore this league.
Last edited by xVINCEREx on Jun 10, 2019, 11:33:29 AM
Yeah Adghar, they are brutal. it's kind of funny how some rares take me longer to defeat than bosses. And that's with pretty respectable flavor-of-the-three-months Bladestorm DPS, Rage and Blood Stance.

And those Vaal Legions with the stationary fire turret that deals 1k+ through capped fire resistances in Act 5...

Overall though the league feels fun.
Most of the encounters feel more balanced than Breach, and all the nice little graphics changes GGG did (e.g. bridges in Kaom's Dream), and some fresh new mechanics to boss encounters (e.g. Fairgraves).
They make running through acts quite satisfying.

But the main thing that makes running through acts feel new, are The Sword's voice lines.
It's the first time I level with Oni. She's got a personality for sure...
I think she likes Piety for some unexplained reason, and seems to have a bit of an "atheistic" approach... towards gods that aren't her.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
"
adghar wrote:

Man I'm 21h in, I wanna scar myself and scorch my skin to put it in a frame, it's that painful. Never took me more than 15h to get one, this time it's just aweful. I'm missing the entire league start + I'm already burnt out of my mind. Don't even wanna play PoE anymore this league.

"Only" 12h in for me but that's exactly how I felt.
I gave up on Oni-Goroshi. Maybe you should do the same mate. If you are not SSF, OG is below one ex now anyway.
League is actually very fun and I having a blast after going through that painful grind for way to long.

Drop rate is imo way to low. Something between now and post nerf would be fine but atm it is just not worth it grinding OG.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep. 7's lucky. 8's normal. 9's unlucky. 10 gets you in a club.

7 used to be the norm, now it's 8. 9 make's you a member of the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club (I have 6 exiles in that club). Level 10 is... for masochists and fools. Highest I've ever had to go (I have farmed 19 Oni swords to date) is 6% into level 9. If I ever have to go past 10% it's time to say "uncle" and quit seeking UH for this league.

Guess i'll join the club as well then!

7% into:

Though it's partly due my stubborness. I realy want that 4th oni before i delete the characters.

Abit more than 6 hours per char so far.

The bright side of things tho, is that i've gained a full set of lvling gear along the way. Only thing i'vent found yet is a tabula.

Edit:

Finally got the last one.

Here's all the uniques that i found along the way:

And some currency:

Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jun 10, 2019, 7:57:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info