ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
snip

Do you realize that in all of your examples an actual crime happened, usually perjury among other stuff? Trump didn't commit any crimes. That's where the entire narrative falls apart. It's impossible to prove criminal intent when no crimes happened.

Not true at all.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
snip

Do you realize that in all of your examples an actual crime happened, usually perjury among other stuff? Trump didn't commit any crimes. That's where the entire narrative falls apart. It's impossible to prove criminal intent when no crimes happened.

Yep, I figured. Note the lack of any source that disagrees with my claim, just the raw claim that "you cannot prove criminal intent when no crimes happened", which is patently false. It doesn't matter - Trump says it, Xav believes it, and no amount of legal expertise or sources can change his mind.

But in case you're interested, here's federal prosecutor Elie Honig on just one of Trump's recent foibles: "I've charged and tried obstruction of justice cases. If this isn't an attempt to obstruct, then I don't know what is."

Here's two law professors: Even if the coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia didn’t break any laws, it still would be a proper topic for the special counsel’s probe. If Trump sought to impede that inquiry, then he obstructed (or attempted to obstruct) an official proceeding. The question then would be whether he did so “corruptly”—which is a question about Trump’s state of mind, upon which an “interrogation” of the president would shed light.

Xav, I really hope you never end up accused of a crime. Because if you do, the lessons you have picked up from the Trump administration are going to serve you incredibly poorly. You're not as rich as he is.

I see where the misunderstanding is now, you bolded the wrong part. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

"
Even if the coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia didn’t break any laws, it still would be a proper topic for the special counsel’s probe. If Trump sought to impede that inquiry, then he obstructed (or attempted to obstruct) an official proceeding. The question then would be whether he did so “corruptly”—which is a question about Trump’s state of mind, upon which an “interrogation” of the president would shed light.

I bolded the correct part now. To reiterate, even if you argue that he maybe did try to interfere with the investigation, you have to prove criminal intent to get him for obstruction of justice. Since he didn't commit any crimes, he has no reason to "corruptly" obstruct justice, which means it's basically impossible to prove criminal intent.

If you want a clear example of what actual obstruction of justice looks like, look at what Roger Stone did. He lied to the FBI, then tried to persuade a dude to make false statements to the FBI so his lies wouldn't be exposed. So you have obstruction and criminal intent.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 18, 2019, 1:07:14 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Report is online:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I'm not bored enough to go through it right now, maybe I'll use it as a bedtime story.

It's 448 pages long. Yeah, I'm not that bored either.

But, there are some funny lines in there, that people are hanging on to.

This is 290 on the pdf.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Report is online:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I'm not bored enough to go through it right now, maybe I'll use it as a bedtime story.

It's 448 pages long. Yeah, I'm not that bored either.

But, there are some funny lines in there, that people are hanging on to.

This is 290 on the pdf.

Yeah I've seen the tweets, some of the TDSers are celebrating this as an admission of guilt. What they don't realize is that Trump views everything from a PR point of view. He knew he's fucked because he knew that this entire hoax will hang over his head for maybe his entire presidency, affect the way people see him and hurt his agenda. That's why they came up with the hoax after all.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Saying "Trump didn't commit any crimes" is where your narrative falls apart. Actual crimes did happen; Manafort was found guilty and Cohen plead guilty. People get in trouble for obstructing investigations into their friends, even if they weren't involved in the crime the friend was being investigated for.

This is why things like guilty verdicts on a few pawns matter. You've created a narrative in your mind where these convictions mean nothing, but that's not really accurate.

Still, I doubt people in this thread truly know what they're talking about. If you believe the media when they tell you what the Mueller report says WITHOUT a left-right consensus, you're an idiot. In that sense, while it's obviously MUCH smaller than the bombshell TDS_Reporter was certain of, there's disagreement on whether it's a complete Nothingburger (Breitbart: "More Exoneration! No Collusion, No Obstruction; WH Fully Cooperated with Special Counsel") or a Somethingburger Mini, hold the mayo (the popular story in left-wing media currently seems to be Trump saying, upon appointment of a special council, "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm fucked.") This is very predictably what they'd say: in the event of a report more exonerating than damning — even if it was a tad damning — we all know right-wing media would exaggerate the exoneration... and in the event of a report that fully exonerated the President but had even a single quote of Trump saying something embarrassing or suspicious, the left-wing media would focus on that rather than exoneration.

Stop believing what your bias factories are feeding you, and read the Mueller report yourself. Or don't — it's a free country — but it'd behoove you not to interrupt actual witnesses when your only information is hearsay. 448 pages isn't that long, you pussies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 18, 2019, 1:50:12 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
448 pages isn't that long, you pussies.

Well played, sir.

This gave me a good laugh, just imagining someone saying this out loud, haha.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Apr 18, 2019, 1:59:05 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
snip

You are ranting off in fantasy land. It is hilariously funny. This is called being delusional. As in suffering from Trump Delusional Syndrome, you have an irrational need to believe the lies of a pathological liar. What about this post of yours?

"
Xavderion wrote:
Reminder that in one hour (+24 hours, whoops) Mueller's report will be presented by Barr and Rosenstein. The tears and the salt will be delicious.

Leftists on Reddit are already realizing that despite having the House, they can't do shit. The House can subpoena all they want, Trump doesn't have to deliver.

The only tears are yours!!! Get a grip on yourself. You really are making yourself look like a fool.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I skimmed through the obstruction part of the report.

1. regarding Flynn's lying: fairly sketchy but ultimately hard to tell if there was intent.
2. regarding Sessions' recusal: no obstruction.
3. regarding Comey's firing: quite a bit less sketchy than with Flynn, which is interesting considering how this is still a bigly talking point among TDSers.
4. regarding Mueller's appointment: Obstruction probably happened.
5. regarding Mueller's investigation: same as 4. basically. Seems like Mueller is a bit butthurt tbh.
6. regarding Trump Tower meeting emails: no obstruction.
7. regarding wanting Sessions to take control of the Russia investigation: obstruction might've happened (a bit weaker than 4. and 5.).
8. regarding McGahn: Flynn tier sketch.
9. regarding Flynn, Manafort, redacted: pretty close to obstruction.
10. regarding Cohen: I'd rank this Flynn level sketch again.

TL;DR of the further points Mueller made: this entire thing would be a major pain in the ass to prosecute. It's some constitutional crisis shit.

My TL;DR: I double-dare Congress to impeach that motherfucker. DO IT. Trump is already preparing a Saitama tier counter-punch. An impeachment would turn him into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Saitama.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 18, 2019, 3:19:35 PM
I honestly wish both Conservatives and Liberals would move on from this report.

Regardless of what the report tells us (which isn't much imo), this report is just one more crowbar acting to continually divide our country.

It pisses me off that the report basically turned into a 2.5 year PUNT to congress on "maybe you guys can pull charges of obstruction... but we [special council] are basically going to abstain."

I am more disheartened that as a fairly-socially liberal, fiscally-conservative American BOTH parties will be focusing on the wrong things going into 2020.

Republicans will focus on "poking at liberals" and Democrats will try to continually demonize Trump for really no reason other than Trump being himself.

I wanted this report to bring some closure to the current divide in this country, but all it ended up being is a fucking big detour sign.

The 2020 election is going to be a complete shit show. Lot of finger pointing. Fake labels for both Republicans and Democrats will be slung around:

"So and so candidate is a conservative fascist!"
"Oh yeah? But so and so democratic candidate is a communist!"

This rhetoric just alienates people or frustrates them into inaction (not voting at all) which I believe is the WORST outcome possible.

I wish Dems and Repubs would just focus on platforms. LIKE ACTUAL POLICY SHIT rather than this garbage. Burn this fucking Mueller report, everyone grow the fuck up and stop trying to "trigger" each other, and let's fix some problems actually plaguing this country.

We need to fix a LOT of American infrastructure if we want to be a powerhouse in the coming decades.

It all feels so discouraging... Especially because the [Removed by Support] at Fox News and CNN are going to be raking in the dough whilst destroying the average American's ability to get along with other average Americans.
Last edited by Al_GGG on May 14, 2019, 6:15:56 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
regarding Mueller's appointment: Obstruction probably happened.
Am I dreaming? Or did someone back Xav's account.
"
Prizy wrote:
I wish Dems and Repubs would just focus on platforms. LIKE ACTUAL POLICY SHIT rather than this garbage. Burn this fucking Mueller report, everyone grow the fuck up and stop trying to "trigger" each other, and let's fix some problems actually plaguing this country.

We need to fix a LOT of American infrastructure if we want to be a powerhouse in the coming decades.

It all feels so discouraging... Especially because the [Removed by Support] at Fox News and CNN are going to be raking in the dough whilst destroying the average American's ability to get along with other average Americans.
Hey, it's somebody who's actually awake to what's going on.

Unfortunately, the American people are really who's to blame for Fake News. News outlets are businesses, and they operate according to metrics. The coverage that gets the most views (or likes) survives and is replicated; the coverage that gets less views isn't. Collectively, Americans on both sides of the aisle have decided they'd rather hear a narrative that fits nicely with their confirmation bias than that which challenges their worldview.

You could be the most ethical journalist in the world, but if the people won't come to you with ad views and/or direct donations, you won't have the money to continue. It's the customers who dictate the tone of content.

For instance, there is a fake news story spreading currently that tapes of Trump peeing on beds in a Russian hotel are real. (This is partially true, as every good lie is: there were threats to release tapes allegedly showing Trump doing this, and Trump's people did respond to those threats, but Mueller concluded those tapes were most likely fake.) Whoever is reporting on the "pee tape" story is probably motivated less by hate than by clicks (although that reporter probably realizes that, among their target audience, the latter is an excellent indicator of the former). They threw it out there as a test; it trended; they'll probably continue until a counternarrative threatens to overtake it in, um, viral-ness.

By abandoning values of healthy skepticism of oneself and of critical thinking, we have done this to ourselves. We won't get out of this without a cultural revolution — unfortunately, probably one forced by an existential crisis — that convinces us as a people to stop pointing the blame at the other and instead point it at ourselves. We need to make the crucible of rational self-doubt and the self-awarensss that survives it cool again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 18, 2019, 4:24:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info