Energy Shield and Life

"
You are doing it wrong, bro.
First you have to open your atlas as much as you can, 100+ should be a good start. You may want to lock a certain tier like all t12 except vault and all t13 to chain spam vaults, but your atlas bonus should be 100+
Second you have to use alchs on the red (t11+) maps
Third you have to use chisels (4x on the white maps) before alching higher-tier (t14+) maps

With all these stuff you should never run out of t14+ maps, but sometimes you could run out of t15 and t16.

i`ve played all the maps the game drops me.. and bought some 30-40 red tier maps in random... chisel, alch them and vaaled them.. still run out of maps. wont do that special gimmick with locking maps bcoz i dont think it is the right thing to do - i want to finish shaper as a casual player.. not use some special mechanic. and i have only 70 objectives bcoz of the maps the game drop me - i`m saying make the game more casual. if i`m doing something wrong is that i`m a casual player.
Last edited by juvotnu on May 21, 2017, 7:52:13 AM
Please make a screenshot of your atlas and upload it to somewhere like imgur.
Mine looks like
Spoiler

And i have no problem with high tier maps. Actually i got way too many of them and i am too lazy to sell it.
You know, filling ticks in atlas is a natural thing for any casual player and it gives you free endgame content, literally.
Last edited by theLt on May 21, 2017, 8:02:05 AM
"
bormoth wrote:

Well maps were designed as accational run at first place, and not designed to stream high level content in succession, don't know why, usually other games make maps relatively cheap for what they worth, because main reason is to give something to run, something interesting. Also the game is not exactly for casual players, despite I disagree with some design standpoints. The only thing I might sugguest you is to run more item quantity, and if it is not enough join the party for running your map, usually rule is maps go to one who opened map, and with large quantity from more players, you might recharge your map pool when you get lower.

Leveling is so slow past 90 is because not all content out, though maybe there is other reason. But I think there were talks that you supposed to get higher level once all acts are finished. But don't hold me for this it was quite long since I heard it. Btw by lvl 90 your build is most likely finished, and you just getting a bit more of same.

"Sadly" fixing balance and broken things is a thing becasue it is not a single player smash your face game. But ladder and competetive leagues are the thing, and having wide variety of builds is always fun and healthy thing, especially when you party with someone, and can look oh cool he did this. It is far more prolific to balance things out, as players start helping you keep player base and even attract new one.

if the game is not for casual players, then ggg are losing money...i guees i could switch to my es ci character and run all the content, but i wanted to make it to end game with melee life character. and without investing too much time it sucks.. with more time farming and better gear i could make it i guess. getting more objectives and such... but it feels wrong to learn so much about game mechanics and not being able to run all the content.
"
theLt wrote:
Please make a screenshot of your atlas and upload it somewhere like imgur.
Mine looks like
Spoiler

And i have no problem with high tier maps. Actually i got way too many of them and i am too lazy to sell it.
You know, filling ticks in atlas is a natural thing for any casual player and it gives you free endgame content, literally.

sell them to me. :D

my atlas it at around 70 objectives. the thing i`m addressing is that from my drops i couldn`t get more objectives... got so much incomplete white maps. i would have to trade maps and run them.. why cant i just play the game and move forward? realistically i got to around 50 objectives before started buying maps and that should be enough in my opinion to get to end game. the game doesnt even have an inbuilt trading platform...

i`m level 89 and refuse to buy and run white maps... just to finish the game.:)
Last edited by juvotnu on May 21, 2017, 8:08:13 AM
Ok i can write a lengthy math post about the shape of map tier distribution, how the atlas bonus affects it, why is this so important for higher-tier map sustainability and why it's not so important for lower-tier map sustainability, but i wont.

You may just trust me. The only problem is your atlas bonus. This is the only thing that makes you run out of high tier maps.
The way atlas system works makes it hard to actually get a several last maps of a tier. If you run High gardens for instance you have more chances to get other open t14 than to get a palace.
But you got several options to complete your atlas:

1) Trading with other players. The most obvious one and the most simple one. That is what you should do if you play in normal league.
2) Zana. She sells a handful of low-tier maps, just check her every day.
3) Vendor 3x low-tier maps to get a higher-tier map you dont have
4) Use shaper orbs to shape maps for vendor recipes. For instance you can sell 3x Shaped Ashen Wood Maps to unlock High gardens.
5) Use this trick: dont unlock any of t14 (or any other tier) maps untill you got all the maps together. If you have no maps of a certain tier you allways will get a connected higher tier map, like Palace for High Gardens.

I actually unlocked all my maps while playing ssf so trading is not required to complete your atlas. You just have to understand that this is your only goal.
Last edited by theLt on May 21, 2017, 8:20:10 AM
put Life Gain on Hit or Vaal Pact on Dual Strike gem then, because many melee skills including Dual Strike can only function with instant leech. Does GGG even want build diversity??? Without instant leech it will end melee builds. Everyone will opt to stay away from mobs and all do ranged spells and bow skills. When bosses already are so crushingly hard melee builds either use totems and run away, semi-ranged melee elemental hits and skirt like crazy, or physical dmg. tank and hopefully succeed.

That's it for life builds that are 100ex or less. And with those who do gems that are pure physical damage like mine they have no options except to get close to tank. Movement and pure melee don't go well together in this game so why is it even an option when you guys are just going to nerf survival? It's not a real action RPG, it's top-down and it's clunky. It will spell the end of physical builds.

Witch even with ES pool drops will be the safer bet because it's so easy to stack move speed and dodge with high DPS glass cannon and still survive with footwork but life melee builds will be only for the elite who can have 200 life rares and 400+pDPS axes. Even then it seems doubtful leech with its queuing would help enough against bosses like Shaper.

Have you guys ever had to cope with being forced to use multistrike with a melee gem and leap slam as movement? It's the slowest, most delayed combo ever. It can take 0.75-1 full second to react to evade. It forces melee builds with axes to tank. No other option.

Honestly just nerf melee survival. Create a game where if you choose melee as soon as you start it just says GAME OVER because that's the result anyway, save us the time and disappointment
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 21, 2017, 9:42:03 AM
u guys make the game harder, but make us more crappy everytime...

why not nerf everything to 0.. cuz the time comes u cant complete the game cuz everything is so bad nerfed.. this is even worse then D3

"
Gainworx wrote:

why not nerf everything to 0.. cuz the time comes u cant complete the game cuz everything is so bad nerfed.. this is even worse then D3

GGG only listens to money, and slowing player progression gives them more money since we are forced to "work" (not play) longer to achieve our goals
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
theLt wrote:
Ok i can write a lengthy math post about the shape of map tier distribution, how the atlas bonus affects it, why is this so important for higher-tier map sustainability and why it's not so important for lower-tier map sustainability, but i wont.

You may just trust me. The only problem is your atlas bonus. This is the only thing that makes you run out of high tier maps.
The way atlas system works makes it hard to actually get a several last maps of a tier. If you run High gardens for instance you have more chances to get other open t14 than to get a palace.
But you got several options to complete your atlas:

1) Trading with other players. The most obvious one and the most simple one. That is what you should do if you play in normal league.
2) Zana. She sells a handful of low-tier maps, just check her every day.
3) Vendor 3x low-tier maps to get a higher-tier map you dont have
4) Use shaper orbs to shape maps for vendor recipes. For instance you can sell 3x Shaped Ashen Wood Maps to unlock High gardens.
5) Use this trick: dont unlock any of t14 (or any other tier) maps untill you got all the maps together. If you have no maps of a certain tier you allways will get a connected higher tier map, like Palace for High Gardens.

I actually unlocked all my maps while playing ssf so trading is not required to complete your atlas. You just have to understand that this is your only goal.

thanks for the answers from everyone. i think i know what i can do - i can trade maps that i dont have, or either run maps like no tomorrow if i was ssf...

the problem i have is that i dont want to do it.:) if i can complete high tier maps like till t13 and t14 i have no problems, then i should be able to advance... without bothering myself with the lower content.

since its a developers blog/post/thread/whatever, i decided to give advice from a new casual player point of view. in my point of view i should be able to advance further not so much by the atlas.. since it requires trading or running lots of low tier maps that is a waste of time, but by sheer power of my character. there is a very simple fix to this in my opinion - maps can only drop one level lower or higher...(why the fuck a t14-15 map drops me t3-4 maps!?) boses giving two levels higher. dont see the need for gimmicks...

its a tradeoff anyways - i`ll have less currency advancing fast i guess, but if my character is strong enough, i should be able to do it. yup, less currency means a less powerful character but in general i could buy almost everything i wanted... excluding those atziri gloves, that i guess i could`ve farmed if i knew i shouldn`t waste my sacrifice fragments.
"
"
Gainworx wrote:

GGG only listens to money, and slowing player progression gives them more money since we are forced to "work" (not play) longer to achieve our goals

y i think so to... but since the BV nerf, it has been worse everytime.. they just adding more harder stuff into the core game, but even without considering the bad nerfs, they just keep doing it.

for myself, i dont think they even play the game at all. when i saw the videos on the new bosses, how in gods name should we beat them, if we are getting nerfed evertime.

this nerf on this patch, is getting so bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info