Donald Trump and US politics

"
Head_Less wrote:
"
He's unfit.
My opinion is that while it is true he is not the best at his job, he was much better than Hillary and Sanders.
If it had been Trump vs Sanders I don't think I'd have voted. If I had voted in such a contest, it's hard for me to predict what I would have done.

I didn't care enough to vote in 2012; Obama and Romney seemed about equally bad. I voted Obama over McCain in 2008 and in hindsight do not regret that choice in the slightest. And I'm no fan of Obama.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 1, 2017, 1:45:29 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

He's unfit.

My opinion is that while it is true he is not the best at his job, he was much better than Hillary and Sanders.

We'll never know if he is doing his job worse or better than Hillary or Sanders would have. And that's not the point, because neither of them are President.
"
"
Head_Less wrote:
"

He's unfit.

We'll never know if he is doing his job worse or better than Hillary or Sanders would have. And that's not the point, because neither of them are President.

They are still alive. Hillary or Sanders can still run for President.
"
deathflower wrote:

They are still alive. Hillary or Sanders can still run for President.
Highly unlikely.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I didn't care enough to vote in 2012; Obama and Romney seemed about equally bad. I voted Obama over McCain in 2008 and in hindsight do not regret that choice in the slightest. And I'm no fan of Obama.

Obama sounded great. HE looked like the intelligent man, the well spoken man black people needed to make the country at peace.

Sadly after those great talks of unity, he prooved to be a race baiter and a man working against the unity of american people.

I was really hoping the United State of America would have evolved with Obama but the fool blew it.

Trump, well I find "make america great again" is a good slogan. People from the US who say this is racism are out of their mind.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
I agree that it is unlikely that Bernie will run again (age more than anything though I do not believe he likes the campaigning).

HRC? Do not underestimate that one's hubris. She said in 2009 that she would NEVER run again for prez. Remember? No, probably not but dig and you will see the interview. She as good as PROMISED that she would not seek elected office.

She has been told by sycophants that she is the anointed one and being a nutter she believes it. She may well run again unless the rumors of her bad health are true or the dems have her killed. Or something.
Censored.
Our president on two acts of terrorism:

"
On October 1, a man shot and killed 58 people at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas -- the largest mass murder in modern American history.

On October 3, President Donald Trump was asked about the impact of the shooting on current gun laws -- and possible future gun control measures. He said that his administration and Congress would "be talking about gun laws as time goes by." Trump was also asked whether the shooting was an act of domestic terrorism. He declined to answer.

On October 4, in Las Vegas, Trump was again asked about possible legislative action on guns. "We're not going to talk about that today," he responded. "We won't talk about that."
Fast forward 30 days.
On October 31, an Uzbek man drives a rental truck in a bike lane in New York City. He kills eight people and injures a dozen more.

Within hours, Trump tweeted this: "In NYC, looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person. Law enforcement is following this closely. NOT IN THE U.S.A.!" He followed up with a second tweet last night: "We must not allow ISIS to return, or enter, our country after defeating them in the Middle East and elsewhere. Enough!" And a third: "I have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting Program. Being politically correct is fine, but not for this!"

On November 1 (aka today), Trump tweets again: "The terrorist came into our country through what is called the 'Diversity Visa Lottery Program,' a Chuck Schumer beauty. I want merit based." He adds in a subsequent tweet: "We are fighting hard for Merit Based immigration, no more Democrat Lottery Systems. We must get MUCH tougher (and smarter). @foxandfriends"

Prior to a meeting with his Cabinet Wednesday around noon -- about 18 hours after the attack -- Trump proposes action be taken on the diversity lottery program -- the means by which the alleged attacker made it into the US.
"I am, today, starting the process of terminating the diversity lottery program," Trump said. "I am going to ask Congress to immediately initiate work to get rid of this program, diversity lottery, diversity lottery. Sounds nice, it is not nice, it is not good. It hasn't been good and we have been against it."

How about the words Trump uses to describe the men who perpetrated these attacks?
About the Las Vegas shooter, Trump said this: "The wires were crossed pretty badly in his brain. Extremely badly in his brain. And it's a very sad event."
Of the man alleged to have committed the attack in NYC? "This animal who did the attacking."
Notice any difference between the two responses? If you don't, you may want to confirm that your spine is connected to your brain stem and/or your eyes are working properly.

The disparity in Trump's responses is striking -- and telling.
Trump cares deeply about the threat posed by ISIS and international terrorism more broadly. He ran for president explicitly on that message. He promised he would be much smarter and much tougher in the fight against terrorism than President Barack Obama. That fire needed to be met with fire.
He echoed that sentiment on Wednesday. "We need quick justice and we need strong justice," Trump said.
He is far less animated by gun control -- or the debate over the right regulations on guns that happens (and then inevitably disappears) in the wake of these ever-more-frequent mass shootings.
In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, there appeared to be real momentum behind a ban on bump stocks -- the add-on the shooter used to turn a semi-automatic weapon into something like a fully automatic one.

"We'll be looking into that in the next short period of time," Trump promised on October 5.
But, a legislative-driven ban on bump stocks remains largely stalled in Congress as Republican leaders insist that the better course of action is for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to handle the regulation change.

Trump hasn't said much of anything on bump stocks since October 5.

The broader point here: Trump is more than willing to seize on tragic events when they confirm his previous political and policy beliefs. He will effectively ignore them when they don't.
It's that simple.

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Terrorism is

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

We don't know that the psycho in Vegas was a terrorist. To the contrary, he seems to have been not interested in politics at all.

The one yesterday in NY, if you believe reports, considers himself an ISIS disciple.

Why do people not understand the definition of terrorism anymore? When I went to school everyone knew. What happened?

Don't even get me started on ISIS, why they exist, who funds them, why they fund them, how many of these people are really just nuts too, etc. This is assuming we go with the accepted definition of what ISIS is and their so called followers are disciples of them.
Censored.
Oh I get it now. Killing 58 people "because he felt like it" gets a pass while killing eight for political reasons makes you an animal.

When a white guy kills 58 people because he can and feels like it, nothing needs to be done. When an immigrant kills eight people for political reasons, we need to ban all followers of his religion from the country.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
No, you don't get it. I didn't say any of that. You just made that up. When did I say we should ban all followers of Islam? Or people from any country?

I think you got me confused with someone else. I know lots of people who are muslim and I would not ban them.

Do you seriously think that if that sicko in Vegas had not taken himself out he would get a "pass" from anyone? That is silly.

You do know that the Americans gave aid to some of the Islamic former Soviet Republics to try to get them to start trouble for Russia, right? I know for a fact that they attempted to incite terrorism. You don't even know what Beslan is, I'll bet.

Well, this is a very good example of why you should not play with fire to avoid getting burned. Remember the American "friends" in Afghanistan? You know, the ones that were under command of some odd person called Osama bin Laden? The ones that would stop Soviet aggression so the Americans gave them free arms?

Yeah, those guys.

How did that work out for them?
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Nov 1, 2017, 6:50:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info