Channeling bug with Blade Flurry

Different bug with Blade Flurry.
I got stuck in the last week period of time about 6 times like this. Channeling blade flurry solo or with party and then it somewhat freezes the char. The char is continuously casting blade flurry even if I am not using the button to do so. I can't even move, which would interrupt the casting. If I use blade flurry again, it makes the sound, but animation doesn't change. Still locked on casting it. Can't Whirling Blades out of it. I managed to exit from freeze two ways. Opening a portal, makes a portal like a third of the screen off to the left from my char and even though the portal animation is that far, clicking it gets you to town/HO. The other way it unfroze was that I was able to summon a totem. Rejuvenation totem it was.

Using a one hand rapier and shield.
Sorry for the english mistakes if any.
"
FiveStarGNE wrote:
Different bug with Blade Flurry.
I got stuck in the last week period of time about 6 times like this. Channeling blade flurry solo or with party and then it somewhat freezes the char. The char is continuously casting blade flurry even if I am not using the button to do so. I can't even move, which would interrupt the casting. If I use blade flurry again, it makes the sound, but animation doesn't change. Still locked on casting it. Can't Whirling Blades out of it. I managed to exit from freeze two ways. Opening a portal, makes a portal like a third of the screen off to the left from my char and even though the portal animation is that far, clicking it gets you to town/HO. The other way it unfroze was that I was able to summon a totem. Rejuvenation totem it was.

Using a one hand rapier and shield.
Sorry for the english mistakes if any.

I've had this happen to me a few times. You're only stuck client-side, which is why you see things like the portal being made far away from your character--you're completely desynced because according to the server, you aren't stuck in one place using Blade Flurry.

I can replicate this bug pretty easily by having an active aura in your buff bar, then while holding a Blade Flurry, also press and hold the key to deactivate the aura. My character will then go into the animation to reactivate the aura (while not having enough mana to do so)-- during this animation, if I let go of the aura key and then the Blade Flurry key, I will get this bug and be stuck in the animation (again, only client-side; I can still interact with all the masters in my hideout and such).

I can also end the false Blade Flurry animation by holding my move-only key and tapping the Blade Flurry key. Although, it feels like sometimes it takes a couple tries.

Note: I don't actually know why it happens to me sometimes during mapping-- I'm certainly not turning off my auras in the middle of maps, but this is the only way I've been able to replicate it so far.
It seems to be latency related. Most people reporting this mentions a latency of 100+. I'm sitting in the same situation with a latency of 180-210. Got 4 BF chars, 2 on standard and 2 on breach. All of them encounter the same situation...

Can cast full 1st stack of 6, but then have to move to another position before trying to recast. If not, it charges to 1-2 stacks and continuously release until mana runs out.

Tried shaper today and failed miserably due to not reaching full stacks thus not leeching enough to stay alive.

So, if your playing with a laggy connection, BF is a problem. Not sure if this can be fixed from dev's side or if we will just have to play another build end game.
Happens to me all the time. Multiple times a day. Guy is just stuck in the animation in client side. I believe it has something to do with me using shield charge between me channeling but I cannot be sure.
Noticed that weapon swapping fixes it.
I started a Blade Flurry character and im getting this "bug" aswell.
It seems when i one tap the skill repeatedly and then try to channel it it goes in a loop of 1 stacks, im in my hideout and have over 100 ms ping btw.
I had the same problem, but it was a failing mouse button.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
What you're describing doesn't sound like a bug. The base effect of Blade Flurry is to make repeated single attacks, each targeted on a single monster (and dealing AoE damage around it) while you channel. That sounds like what you're describing.

You also get a bunch of additional attacks equal to the number of stages the skill was at when you stop channelling, which are in addition to the regular attacks that keep happening while you channel.

If you are channeling blade flurry it sometimes goes in to a stop-start cycle.
Below is an example made by another user with the same issue. I tried using lockstep mode and it worked fine but lockstep mode is unusable for me since am at 150ish ping. But when I start using predictive mode which I use normally this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La407nTvFJA

this is really annoying and makes blade flurry for me unplayable since it resets at 1/2 stacks I cant deal the full combo 6 stack nor I can leech enough to survive, unless I keep moving between each 6 stack.

Thank you for your time.

Has there been any official response on this issue?

It's been months since the release of the channeling skills and I (and probably quite a few other people) haven't been able to use any of them.

This bug is easily reproducible, at least on my end, effects a bunch of skills and players but doesn't seem to be getting any attention. Really hope something is done soon.
I always thought this is caused by a desynchronization between client and server.~ when this is happening, I logout, change gateway and try again
Same Bug Here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info