2016 If your goal is Brood Twine How will you achieve it Starting from scratch on Standard

Ahh, righto.

I think I'd probably try and craft a wand - I don't have a decent one, and never really did a decent wander build before.

But, that's not something that will ever happen. I'm not very objective orientated when I play POE, except for killing shit and picking shit up. Thats why I enjoyed this challenge setup, lots of killing shit (with a little picking shit up thrown in for variety).

Have Cookie boem, I don't have any chocolates (sorry).
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 18, 2016, 12:22:50 AM
By the time you actually farm/flip enough to get a blood twine you could already do t15 with a less powerful bow.

Like it's really not needed at all at something that powerful. Anything above 20-30 exalts is just complete overkill.

The only way to make that much money is to no life the standard league for the 1st week, the money will roll in and you can afford mostly anything.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jan 18, 2016, 1:08:29 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
By the time you actually farm/flip enough to get a blood twine you could already do t15 with a less powerful bow.

Like it's really not needed at all at something that powerful. Anything above 20-30 exalts is just complete overkill.

The only way to make that much money is to no life the standard league for the 1st week, the money will roll in and you can afford mostly anything.

I can already do T15's with my bow

I am interested to know what you mean by no life standard league for the first week.
I am looking at this from a perspective of a new / casual / temp league player to work towards an endgame goal, Starting in 2016 in the standard league given its state and its ever worsening economy.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I'd start flipping six links. Continue to buy fusings and reap some fast profit. I've had some pretty lucky RNG in getting six links so far, might as well put it to use right?
If you have a lot of time and stash space you can alc a lot of ilvl75+ jewellery you can make regal recipe with the duds, once your currency builds you could flip items, but trade in standard has seemed really slow since 2.0. Good tools would be procurement/acquisition, poe whisper notifier and pushbullet can get a whisper pushed to another computer or cell phone.
"
Fhark wrote:
If you have a lot of time and stash space you can alc a lot of ilvl75+ jewellery you can make regal recipe with the duds, once your currency builds you could flip items, but trade in standard has seemed really slow since 2.0. Good tools would be procurement/acquisition, poe whisper notifier and pushbullet can get a whisper pushed to another computer or cell phone.

Now that seems definitely something worth looking into. The whisper notifier.
Domine Non Es Dignus

It has merciless roll instead of tyrannical for those wondering.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Even if you flip, it's much harder to accumulate wealth now than a year ago. Everything is worthless comparing to what they were a year ago except mirrored items. I remember between 1.3 and 2.0 most T1 uniques like shav, mjolner, void battery are 30-60exalts. And it's really easy to get exalts back then because the currency ratio is something like 35c:1ex 40fus:1ex 15regret:1ex. Now exalts are so much more expensive and mirror worthy items have even higher prices. I remember i bought my glyph mark at 230ex. They were now like 300ex+?

BTW blood twine costs 100+ more exalts than glyph mark and gives you about 6% more dps.
Last edited by LBJames on Jan 18, 2016, 11:26:31 AM
^^ also the trade is simply much less, eg i sell prob 50% of the jewellery i used to sell, despite poe having larger numbers overall i wonder how standard is really going i see very few rotations etc.

Btw i occasionally see good color glyph marks going for about 330ex in sarn. I bought a poor color one 5g1b for 315ex i use vaal burning arrow, gmp trap with it 1 - 2 shots all the bosses so far.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 18, 2016, 1:34:35 PM
"
LBJames wrote:
Even if you flip, it's much harder to accumulate wealth now than a year ago. Everything is worthless comparing to what they were a year ago except mirrored items. I remember between 1.3 and 2.0 most T1 uniques like shav, mjolner, void battery are 30-60exalts. And it's really easy to get exalts back then because the currency ratio is something like 35c:1ex 40fus:1ex 15regret:1ex. Now exalts are so much more expensive and mirror worthy items have even higher prices. I remember i bought my glyph mark at 230ex. They were now like 300ex+?

BTW blood twine costs 100+ more exalts than glyph mark and gives you about 6% more dps.

I thought the price difference was not that much...
oooo then definitely I should adjust my goal... and aim for a glyph mark instead... i thought the dps difference would be huge.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Jan 18, 2016, 1:29:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info