Divination Cards?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Spoiler
"
I hope it is somehow related to difficulty. A way to somehow make content more difficult all throughout the game by applying some kind of buff to zones you enter. Perhaps for better drop rates as well.

I just hope it has a gameplay mechanic and isn't just some kind of achievement thing.

"
Divination Cards

Draw a Divination Card [randomly]
You get an Effect which lasts a certain amount of time.
You cannot draw another one until the last effect expires.

Effects are like League Features

- Rogue Exiles spawn more frequently
- Invaders
etc.

Though, that's not the only thing.

"
Moeeom123 wrote:
Maybe they are a weapon against rng?

I know english but never used the word divination before. Its something like seeing the future / foresight?
Maybe it "tells" about what you'll find, who you'll fight in the nearby future. If you use the card on yourself, what is written on it will be true. These cards will be tradeable, granting a buff for guaranteeing what's written in the divination card.
Example:

1: Divination Card of Singularity:
You will find an unique item in the next hour.

So if you play for 1 hour, you'll find one guaranteed random unique from any source. If you don't play for 1 hour, the buff fades.

2: Divination Card of Invasion:
You will encounter 3 Invasion Bossess in the next 3 area you enter.

So there is a buff on you, until you enter 3 new areas, and in there nemesis bosses will be spawned.

There could be many many many variations of what Cards do, there are lot of stuff from previous leagues to combine with... Exiles, Strongboxes, Corrupted areas, Monster mods....

Well if its not like this, i think this is a good idea :P

i like these trains of thought

Well when i wrote these I didn't notice the example picture of a card , so I went in a total another direction of theorycrafting..:/ Sadly it will be nothing like it; I'll maybe copy these to a separate suggestion thread.

So now seeing this picture:

What I think: Fully collected Cards deck + Map Device = Arena Bossfight -> Guaranteed unique drop

As written already, during all these leagues, league-only uniques accumulated and now there are a considerable number of them to make a new thing out of them

On the card you can't see any properties, variable stuff, so there won't be any extra mechanic, the only two thing there is to know about a card will be : What card, and how many you need to collect.

I think there will be like 30 of these cards. There won't be a card for all league-only uniques, only for the significant ones.

One card shows : What boss you'll have to fight, and what unique it will drop.
So in case of the card on the picture : If you got 12/12 and put it in Map Device, portals are opened to an arenaa, where "The Archdemon" is summoned, and if you kill it, it drops "The Harvest"

Yeah, will be cool:))

"
Angrynixon wrote:
Spoiler
"
ephetat wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
I don't want to ruin the hype-train party going on here, but I honestly feel like they will be far less significant than most of you think. :< (I DO REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG).

Well, the context they are placed in (that is, alongside SIGNIFICANT MARAKETH WEAPONS and SIGNIFICANT NEW UNIQUE ITEMS) imply that they too will be quite significant. So I don't think the hype is too unfounded, and I doubt GGG would have bothered to build anticipation like this for what ends up being a minor feature. It would have been wiser to, say, reveal Divination Cards and lock the Uniques section in that case.

lol... They should give some insignificant things a big banner presence like those other items... "One NPC was renamed!" *with a picture of that NPC waving*

:))))

D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
I just hope it's not this: The Archdemon is the name of the set, and The Harvest is card number 10 out of 12 belonging to that set and in slot number 10. And the cards do nothing at all.

I'd be happy with everything else, just not this.
It is a new system to add Uber monsters from time to time to the game to add variety and difficulty
OK I have my tinfoil hat on here is my out of the way proposal.

Divination= tarot cards

there is 22 that are game changers. like the keystones on the tree.
There are 16 that gives substantial buffs/debuffs like notable nodes
There are 40 that gives minor augmentations. like normal nodes

Now in town there will be some kind of fortune table, alter,bench, what have you.

there will be ..umm say 5 spots on the table to put a card ..you shuffle them and place them into the slots as you would dealing a deck of cards and the different cards with the placements determines the type of area that it generates.

Interesting fact for nerds...in the tarot there is 22 major arcana 12 of those are associated with astrological signs, our Archdemon card looks like the devil which is associated with Capricorn and is the 10th of 12 signs.....that's some Illuminati stuff there
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
creampuffed4u wrote:
that's some Illuminati stuff there

:O
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
creampuffed4u wrote:

bwahahahahahaha that is great
those who know little believe they know much.but those who know much have learned of their ignorance

Guild: eclectic gaming council. Diversity is our first name
"
Moeeom123 wrote:

What I think: Fully collected Cards deck + Map Device = Arena Bossfight -> Guaranteed unique drop

Why are you all insisting on getting uniques?

It's just an Arena fight like i said ;)

Anuhart:

Check the position of all jewel sockets ;o
He knew it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242499
Summoning Dan: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1250921
"
kills a skeleton
drops a trading card

yeah nah
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
creampuffed4u wrote:

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
OMG the thought has just occurred to me...

Much like Final Fantasy 8, the best FF game to date. Is PoE making an ingame CARDGAME :O where you can play against peeps for "fun" or whist wagering currency......now that would be damn epic!!!!

GG GGG!

that would have been fun tho, like the little dice game in the witcher.

Is that pic of the card from the game? Is that a picture of what they are?

If so, the random guess Im backing for funs, theres 12 cards and the archdemon is 10 of 12. Each of the 12 cards can randomly roll the name of any legacy unique, if you get the full 12 set that all have the name of the same unique you can either craft it or spawn a boss fight that rewards it as the drop or something like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info