Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

First time playing PoE seriously and chose this build as league starter. Its definitely fun but I'm finding gearing challenging. Any tips?
"
Aryveth wrote:
Am i geared good enough to kill Elder? I'm at the point when i can visit him but kinda worried about losing xp.

Do you mean plain white/yellow/red elder or uber elder?

I didn't check your jewels, Watcher's Eye and Inpulsa would be missing for endgame.

The normal elder you should be able to kill just fine. But deathless if you don't know the patterns is really hard. I would expect to die 3-4 times if I were you.

Uber elder I never did myself so I don't know what gear is required.
Didn't even know that there is that much of them xD
Was talking about first one. I have Watcher's Eye so i will try to lvl up and kill bad boy after that.
"
Fitzkrieg wrote:
Hello everyone,

As a lot of others, thank you very much for this nicely written guide. It's been a breeze to lvl this char and to follow the gear section.

I'm at the point where I'm looking for end game gear, so I got a few questions.

About the "Mana leech support line on these gloves, does it work with the storm brand gem setup (the Mana leech gem should stay low level and the suffix line is lvl 16) ? I could afford a jewel with Mana leech so is this line necessary or should I upgrade the gloves ?

Second question is about the dagger crafting : I failed several times to get +chaos conversion and ele pen. Is it worth it to annul for only one of the two then add another master craft to compensate?

And finally, got this nice amulet. Is it worth slamming? And how should I do it, remove the +life and pray ?

Thanks for your advices !

Hi! Yes the gloves should work just fine, add culling strike to storm brand. Kills enemies that have 10% life or lower when hit by storm brand, basicly saves you 10% on everything.
The mana leech jewel is nice and best case scenario you want gloves with increased attack and cast speed. So eventually you will probably want that mana leech jewel.

That amulet is amazing, did you use fossils (and which?) or chaosspam?
I think I would multimod that amu and not take the risk of slamming a shitty mod. If you do decide to slam it you need to block a mod and then slam.

I realy want to make my own amu today, I have a base just not sure how I should start
Last edited by Ubering on Jan 7, 2019, 5:46:08 AM
how are you generating cold damage for the hypothermia?
"
Terminate wrote:

You need to have some cold damage to spells somewhere. I have mine on a jewel, works like a charm!
"
Terminate wrote:

The most common solution is a Hypnotic Eye Jewel with flat cold damage to spells. Any roll is good enough, as just 1 added cold damage is enough to grant the chill effect with Beacon of Ruin. You can check if you have it by looking at the damage types in Arc's tooltip.
"
stevehayden wrote:
Hey guys, can you mention how much life and dps have?
I am so curious about these.
I have 60.000-160.000 dps,,
I cant fight the boss at liar hydra.

I only have 4.4k life.

- You don't have a Watcher's Eye and no Mana Flask. How in hell do u sustain mana?

- You miss all but 2 passive points in the life wheel

- You still have 7 open points to apply to the tree

- Why do you took all those Intelligence nodes and random jewel slot on top of the tree?

- With the other gear you have you should be able to kill Hydra without much trouble

- aim for 5000+ HP and 2000+ Mana

- If you want to look at DPS, get Path of Building. Read the guide and posts carefully, then calculate your DPS with Path of Building. The tooltip DPS doesnt say much
I would like to know what is the most effect/cost efficient between:
- going from a standard rare 6-link to an Inpulsa 6-link (8 exalts)
- going from 2 standard rare dagger to 2 crafted dagger (BigRealize style 2*5 exalts)

My guess is that single target dps is probably the 2 daggers as the explosions from Inpulsa won't proc. But for general mapping and boss fighting I can't figure.

Also, I like having simple figures. For example, going from Arc lvl 20 to lvl 21 is a 15% "more" dps boost. Nice and easy. Does someone have an estimation of the equivalent for an Inpulsa?
"
Ubering wrote:

Hi! Yes the gloves should work just fine, add culling strike to storm brand. Kills enemies that have 10% life or lower when hit by storm brand, basicly saves you 10% on everything.
The mana leech jewel is nice and best case scenario you want gloves with increased attack and cast speed. So eventually you will probably want that mana leech jewel.

That amulet is amazing, did you use fossils (and which?) or chaosspam?
I think I would multimod that amu and not take the risk of slamming a shitty mod. If you do decide to slam it you need to block a mod and then slam.

I realy want to make my own amu today, I have a base just not sure how I should start

Thank you for your answer.
I'll add culling strike, should I keep it low level like the mana leech gem ?

About the amulet, I bought it like that 5ex. I'm a shitty crafter so I pay the prices !
The only thing I know is you need ilvl84 to get the +quant on shaped. Maybe take the same path as the daggers. Hope to get lucky with transmut>alt>regal ?
Maybe I can try to add 2 veiled mods with syndicate and see what happens. Doesn't cost anything, just the time :)

Anyway, gl and pray the crafting gods !
Last edited by Fitzkrieg on Jan 7, 2019, 7:25:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info