[1.1.X] CoC EK+Arc with AA and EB/MoM - Cheap, fun, solid - 78 map video inside !

What?? You were fighting apex yesterday?? Alrightie then, i will try to finish this and post vid later..
Oh no, Apex was tried around 2 months ago. Haven't played since.
I'll add the video to the OP once you uploaded it
Yes, most of the time an additional spell is better than a support gem.
Shotgunning though, refers to the spells and not barrage in this case. Works very well with the spells shadowfax mentionned, not so much with EK/Arc.
Cold Snap has the effect of using your Power charges, so not sure it's worth it. Could be worth a try considering the build generates them very fast, not sure.

Shotgunning actually refers to the fact that multiple projectiles of the "fan" effect can all hit the same target. Works with Freeze Pulse, Fireball, but not with EK or Ice Spear for exemple (only one proj hit per cast).
No issue with ele reflect without the lightning resist flask ?
Could simply be that you have a 3rd spell to leech with, which I didn't have. In any case, it's just a flask to change, no big deal in the end.
I don't get how people can write guides having the word "cheap" in the title, and still require using a 6L chest, or at least a 5L Voll's + maybe Rat's Nest.
I'm a casual player, I tried stacking IIR on a witch to get better items, but never found anything worth more than maybe 2c in > 200 runs with 23x% IIR. So the price for this "cheap" build would be at least half if not 2/3 of what I own in total (using Voll's 5L or Tabula Rasa. 6L is unaffordable by far for me)!

How the hell do people expect someone to simply "have" a 6L or the currency to get one?!?

Other than that: great guide, loving it and will try to get what it needs... but I don't think this will happen soon... and by the time I have what it needs, I guess the build got nerfed or is broken due to changes in the game -.-
"
Saibaschbeis wrote:
I don't get how people can write guides having the word "cheap" in the title, and still require using a 6L chest, or at least a 5L Voll's + maybe Rat's Nest.
I'm a casual player, I tried stacking IIR on a witch to get better items, but never found anything worth more than maybe 2c in > 200 runs with 23x% IIR. So the price for this "cheap" build would be at least half if not 2/3 of what I own in total (using Voll's 5L or Tabula Rasa. 6L is unaffordable by far for me)!

How the hell do people expect someone to simply "have" a 6L or the currency to get one?!?

Other than that: great guide, loving it and will try to get what it needs... but I don't think this will happen soon... and by the time I have what it needs, I guess the build got nerfed or is broken due to changes in the game -.-

I find hard to believe that you didn't get anything of value after 200 runs (with or without IIR). Maybe you should read a little more about how to make some currency in the game (with the recipe vendor mainly) because this build really is cheap.

What kind of runs are you doing ? What kind of item do you keep ?
I don't want to trash this thread with my whining, so let me conclude with this answer :)
Just know that I was simply grumpy that day ;)
I try to keep it short...

The runs I did until now are Hillock (stopped, cause he sucks), Ledge + Climb, Fellshrine, Docks, Piety (only 10 runs so far, as I just got all necessary gear to survive lately) as well as 66 and 67 maps (6 so far, but these take long for me and I mostly need support from a friend).
And: I have really REALLY shitty luck. All the uniques I found until now have not been worth more than a chaos at most. The highest-level ones: Chernobog, Daressu's and Thousand teeth. Guess what, all shields... WHYYYYYY... I don't need (those) shields, and it seems noone else either. Although high level (Thousand Teetch is 63), they seem to have too bad stats to be worth anything.

Regarding keeping items (especially rares): I guess that's the major problem, because I find it incredibly hard in this game to spot "good" items, so those that are interesting for others and can be traded. I saw items being sold successfully with stats I would never have thought being good, and do not understand to the day why those items are valuable. I do not have a concrete example, though. It's just like e.g. rings with some accuracy life and res, nothing too fancy from the looks (no max res like 45% or something like that), and they go out for exalts... And I simply do not have the spare time to "study" this game to understand all the mechanics fully.
I watched a video of a very rich trader (very interesting) who explained e.g. how to successfully trade and, oh well, he spent 650$ for 85+ stash tabs (and other stuff).... ooookay, a bit much for casual me ;)

Anyway, I'm sorry I whined in this thread, cause as I said: the guide is really great and I enjoyed reading it so far.
I guess I will now have a look at buying a tabula rasa. Maybe I can make the witch work with that...
Last edited by Saibaschbeis on Aug 6, 2014, 4:46:55 PM
"
Saibaschbeis wrote:

to: Saibaschbeis
i can feel ur pain
i got 3 Rat's Nest can give u 1 for free
send me PM if u online , my IGN huge_ugly or Wulale
Last edited by hy219 on Aug 14, 2014, 8:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info