[1.1.X] CoC EK+Arc with AA and EB/MoM - Cheap, fun, solid - 78 map video inside !

I haven't been playing for a good 2 months now, so not really sure about all this :D
I think I used AA when leveling, yes. I remember leveling the gem according to my mana regen, just to be able to sustain it when immobile. AA was lvl 20 when I stopped, ran fine when moving with slight regen.

I got 70%+ regen on gear, wouldn't want any less, BUT I got the 8% increased mana instead of 20% regen from witch start, so I guess 50% would be ok with my gear. Keep in mind it also depends on your max mana, mine isn't terribly high.

As for the absolutely necessary unreserved mana, well, I don't know :D I treat that as HPs, so the more you can get the better.

I tried the Apex, some context before that :
-didn't play for a long time before I decided to try it
-I didn't know anything about the bosses before Atziri, especially these 3 guys, their attacks and the fact that they regen their life when one is taken down.
-not knowing anything, I think my flask setup was kinda terrible.

And I failed at said bosses. Didn't die once before them, managed to get all 3 on low life thinking that would work, and died to something I can't remember. Maybe I took down the one that leaves black degen inducing ground, because I remember thinking "well, this is going well" before dying rather quickly. Didn't know what the black ground did at the time.
Then 2/3 useless death, running around them wondering wtf got me down the first time, and the last portals were all used on (I think) the boss with the rain-y spell which was the only one left at this point.

And then I was too poor to buy another map... I'm pretty sure Atziri wouldn't be a problem, and I think the 3 bosses are doable without death if you know what you're/they're actually doing. Better gear would definitely help as well, my resists still aren't maxed except for lightning.

So I'd say yes, but can't confirm it. Just don't go in there blindly :D
Last edited by Cynry on Jun 22, 2014, 9:19:24 PM
Very informative, thx a lot.
I suspect you may have fallen to the chaos rain of arrows as that cannot be mitigated by AA. I will try after getting to at least lvl 85.
As for the mana regen i am thinking abt experimenting with rathpith globe. I also modified your 6L setup to use fireball and arctic breath for higher dps (and more lagssss ouch). This build is huge fun to play!!
You use lmp/gmp for those spells ? If you do, why use wands instead of ST+daggers ?

Ok for the chaos RoA. Would make sense as my chaos resist is the worst of them all..
Yes using gmp - reason is when u barrage with gmp u hit one foe with 8 bullets and u proc a lot more even facing single enemy plus the shotgun effect for your fb and ab. Try it out and i am sure u will love it (whether ur graphics card loves it is another story)
Two copies of the same sPell gem no longer works now due to the 10 ms internal cd in coc gem.
Oh ok didn't know that.
I don't have a free socket for l/gmp (not using Voll) and my graphic card can't take it, but I take your words for it ! 8 shots barrage seems pretty strong indeed :D
Well, l/gmp only makes sense if you're also using projectile based spells as well. You get more proc per crit (6 or 8 barrage hits instead of 4) AND the shotgun effect with the spells.

With EK, the damage reduction you get from l/gmp and the fact that you can't hit a target more than once per cast doesn't make it worthy I think.
Chain would work better with EK and Arc, it's what the build I based mine on used. I think it was mainly to reduce reflect damage, which isn't needed with this build, and it really drops the single target damage...
Of course, thats why i recommended fireball and arctic breath..
And op, can i humbly request q video of lvl 77 shrine, just the boss fight? I had some trouble with this boss using the original wonder wanderer build so would love to see how the defense combo of mom aa eb fares against this boss.
No can't do, already gave away some crucial items that I can't afford to replace...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info