[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

having 5 or 6 links on frenzy could allow you to use culling/rarity/quantity for last hitting if you built your character around qual/quant but other than that its not a game changer.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
PeroBukva wrote:
Dont know if i missed it, havent read the whole thread yet, but can you tell me what rewards you took from bandits?

Why not PeroVrba or PeroHrast? Anyway... I personally took 40 HP - 6% iAS - Frenzy Charge. The first reward should almost always be 40 HP, the second can be a skill point, but since iAS nodes are very scarce, getting 6% iAS through the reward is well worth it. The third reward is the only actually questionable one. You can take anything except for the Power Charge. Even the Endurance Charge would be useful at some points... So you decide depending on your playstyle.

Cause i know a guy under this nickname and he really looks like this barbarian. And of course i have some more questions (since i'm not nearly done with reading this thread). I've read you decided that frenzy aint worth it, still in some builds on page 1 or 2 I see it in your build. So whats the definite build for HC atm (i know it depends on playstyle but just tell me what you did). And btw you understand my language cause you are from... ?
Last edited by PeroBukva on Apr 4, 2013, 9:31:15 AM
wow.. no postings in 6 days.
what the heck?

anyway, got this 4L +1 all gems helm with perfect cold + lightning resists.
Old:

New:

time to put my auras here. but what to replace reduced mana with after i cast the auras?
Molten shell?
Last edited by Pi314 on Apr 10, 2013, 5:46:09 PM
Enduring Cry?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Enduring Cry?

ehh.. not a big fan of casting curses over and over again. too much micromanagement.
especially since i use a totem as a meat shield.

at least molten shell lasts 10sec at lvl 1 and goes up from there. plus all the +ele dmg nodes multiplies the molten shell dmg.
altho i rarely get hit anyway
Last edited by Pi314 on Apr 10, 2013, 10:37:07 PM
"Weapon Elemental Damage" node does not affect Molten Shell, though...
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
I like enduring cry for pushing my resists to 80, if I don't have it already - 15-20% damage reduction also helps you face tank non-map stuff if you're still farming docks/CoS
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Awesome guide. :)

My bow marauder is lvl 66, and I have some questions :

1) It seems that not many people take the "+15% all res" nodes, even tho they are right there with no pathing, so you can get +30% for 2 points. What's even more surprising (to me) is that most people take the +5% all max res node. Now, my resistances suck, they are just garbage, so I took the +30%, and even used Purity for a while, but I had to get rid of it due to Blood Magic (can't really waste a support gem from LA for that). So my question is : On higher levels after a good amount of map farming, do you get so much resistances from your gear that you don't even need the 30%, but instead need to raise the cap by 5% ?

2) Is there any way to make the mechanics of LA more effective ? I mean increase the distance the chain "jumping" can occur, so that it can hit targets further away from eachother, or maybe using the Concentrated Effect or Increased Area of Effect support gems to make the AOE hit more targets, or hit less, but way harder ? I am using a 5L now for LA, if I get a 6th linked socket, the guide suggests to add Faster Attacks, but are you sure that's the best choice ? I mean it's awesome when the mobs are standing close to each other, but when they spread out, or one of them runs up in my face, they can really break the mechanics of this build. However, that might be simply because of my lack of game experience and bad kiting. :D

3) Can someone please give me some advice which one of my items should I change next ? I know they pretty much all suck, but what's the weakest point, what should I start with ?

My current stats (with Anger and Wrath turned on)
Spoiler
Dps : 1508
LA dps : 924
EH dps : 2525
Hp : 2249

My gear :
Spoiler

My build :
"
Pi314 wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Enduring Cry?

ehh.. not a big fan of casting curses over and over again. too much micromanagement.
especially since i use a totem as a meat shield.

at least molten shell lasts 10sec at lvl 1 and goes up from there. plus all the +ele dmg nodes multiplies the molten shell dmg.
altho i rarely get hit anyway

Enduring cry is great, for a few reasons. 1) extra mitigation. If you're going BM keystone, you can't use determination. and 2) Overcap resists, that help on -max resist maps. Again, the bM keystone cripples us, since we can't use purity. I just happened to help oak to get an extra charge, since my original plan was to go ek, so I have 4 charges. 20% reduction, and 20% over resists. Link it to a faster casting, along with decoy or skelly totem and you're set.
@venator

Do we ever switch to GMP? Thinking of buying a quality LMP, and maxing it to 20%, but don't want to do that if i'm just going to use GMP later on.

Also, what do you think is better linked to elemental hit - Faster attacks, or Culling strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info