[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

The benefit is that you can use % reservation based auras. That means Purity, Determination and Haste. The requirement is to have at least one 5L for LA (+BM+LMP+WED+LoH), but it is far, far better to first get a 6L before converting, because you can then socket Chain in as well.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Noob question: does Chaos res matter given this build is on Unwavering Stance?

I'm at -22% on Merciless Act 2, and I'm wondering if investing in more chaos gear is even necessary. I got here quite easily.
Ummmm what does Chaos Resistance have to do with Unwavering Stance?

Investing in more Chaos Gear is good. Get about 30ish % Chaos before going for maps and you're golden.
"
Raptor2k_ wrote:
Noob question: does Chaos res matter given this build is on Unwavering Stance?

I'm at -22% on Merciless Act 2, and I'm wondering if investing in more chaos gear is even necessary. I got here quite easily.

neither chaos resist or US is necessary.
i was 1500hp after auras and -60% chaos doing merciless act3. only died to piety and vaal.
yeah, u might need chaos resist vs constructs in vaals chamber.
even with 80% lightning resists, getting hit by vaals lightning still shocks you.
shock on top of -60% chaos + constrcuts = OUCH!

as a archer, u dont need US.

edit:
only done one map so far. luckily u can keep rolling maps so that u dont face chaos cobras/constructs.
Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 31, 2013, 9:58:46 AM
"
Pi314 wrote:
neither chaos resist or US is necessary.
i was 1500hp after auras and -60% chaos doing merciless act3. only died to piety and vaal.
as a archer, u dont need US.

This is only true for Default and if you want to have your death count have more than one digit. Both Chaos Resist and US are really good at later levels in maps.
death is still incredibly costly in default after level 80+.
I have 3400 health with 324 rarity gear and rhoas in high maps can still kill me if im careless.

US is one of the best 1 point investment you can spend.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
The benefit is that you can use % reservation based auras. That means Purity, Determination and Haste. The requirement is to have at least one 5L for LA (+BM+LMP+WED+LoH), but it is far, far better to first get a 6L before converting, because you can then socket Chain in as well.

Have you done some real testing at all? I'm not saying you're wrong, I could honestly see it going either way, but I feel like LA+LMP+wed+chain+faster attacks with BM passive is going to pump more damage than the defensive+offensive benefit you're going to get with the different auras.

The biggest thing is that you'll need some mana, won't you, to maintain your single target, non-blood magic skills, frenzy and ele hit? That, or you'll need to either link blood magic or mana leech to 'em, too.

It's a long way down the road either way for my dude either way.
http://i.imgur.com/kyhjZoN.png
I'm not wrong. I was asked what are the benefits, and I answered the question. It is true that BM passive will provide higher DPS, but this is the trade you might want to do to get tankier. No mana is needed, because as you said every active skill runs on a BM gem. Your DPS is not going to benefit at all from having these new auras, however your survivability is going to be way higher. And when it comes to DPS, you can still get plenty of that regardless of the sacrifice to get the auras.

A long way down the road - yes. Absolutely. Nobody said it's easy...
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
Ummmm what does Chaos Resistance have to do with Unwavering Stance?

Investing in more Chaos Gear is good. Get about 30ish % Chaos before going for maps and you're golden.

Figured since we're not evading and my gear doesnt give much energy shield, I'm losing health to most hard hits anyway.
That doesn't make sense. You are trading evasion for armour, in order to mitigate the majority of the small hits you get hit by, and when it comes to really hard hits, nothing would help with those anyway, those you have to avoid (talking about things which rank high like Vaal Oversoul bash). And the rest of the damage (which is not physical) is mitigated by elemental resistances and chaos resistance. I don't seem to understand what you are saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info