Summoner Fire Witch Guide (video included)

"
dapsycho wrote:
hey voidmoon can i use firestorm instead of fireball? firestorm i would include increase aoe+concentrated effect+faster casting

You can, but fireball pulls more dps and you can shoot things off screen.
Thank you for your fast answer. I guess I'll use the unique at the early stages and later, when I get a good wand with spell power and fire gem level, I'll switch to it.
I didn't think that Minion instability was affected by your +fire dmg, passives or not, since the damage being caused is coming from your minions not you? Doesn't that gimp this build quite significantly?
"
Reflex246 wrote:
I didn't think that Minion instability was affected by your +fire dmg, passives or not, since the damage being caused is coming from your minions not you? Doesn't that gimp this build quite significantly?

Not at all. A lot of your damage is coming from fireball, minions are more or less of a meat shield that does provide good damage.
"
VoidMoon wrote:
But I don't think it will be BETTER. I just want to try out as many builds as possible. Since I have so much time to play the game (12+ hours a day) I like to test out as many builds as possible so that those of us that don't have this kind of time on their hands can have as many reliable builds as possible at their disposal.
Like me, I wish I had that time to play the game. Let us know how it goes. Since I'm still low level and won't be getting any fire nodes for a while it should be easy enough to go the lightning route later right?

I was initially tempted to modify this build for lightning instead, but figured fire was best because of the synergy with MI. But sounds like that doesn't matter anyway (though Flammability would still help).
Thanks void, gonna try this out.
"
VoidMoon wrote:
"
dapsycho wrote:
hey voidmoon can i use firestorm instead of fireball? firestorm i would include increase aoe+concentrated effect+faster casting

I also find firestorm much better than fireball in my fire/summoner build.

DPS wise, fireball is only clearly better on single mob, so I use them on bosses.

But for regular grind, I use firestorm for several reasons:
1) MUCH easier to hit mob. With fireball I can miss, happens often if mob is moving ... and if I wait for mob to stand, I lose valuable DPS time. With firestorm, I never miss.

2) DPS is better than fireball if 3 mobs are hit - which is often, since all mobs swarm my minions, and they all tend to be close, so very often I hit 3+ mobs with firestorms. DPS is about same as fireball for 2 mobs.

3) can use firestorm behind trees, columns and similar obstacles that would block fireball

General convenience of firestorm (no miss, can avoid some obstacles), and fact that most often I fight large number of mobs suitable for AoE, result in my use of firestorm for all cases except boss fights.
I'm enjoying this build, thanks!

Which bandits did you choose?
"
gmnenad wrote:
"
VoidMoon wrote:
"
dapsycho wrote:

I also find firestorm much better than fireball in my fire/summoner build.

DPS wise, fireball is only clearly better on single mob, so I use them on bosses.

But for regular grind, I use firestorm for several reasons:
1) MUCH easier to hit mob. With fireball I can miss, happens often if mob is moving ... and if I wait for mob to stand, I lose valuable DPS time. With firestorm, I never miss.

2) DPS is better than fireball if 3 mobs are hit - which is often, since all mobs swarm my minions, and they all tend to be close, so very often I hit 3+ mobs with firestorms. DPS is about same as fireball for 2 mobs.

3) can use firestorm behind trees, columns and similar obstacles that would block fireball

General convenience of firestorm (no miss, can avoid some obstacles), and fact that most often I fight large number of mobs suitable for AoE, result in my use of firestorm for all cases except boss fights.

Count my vote fore Firestorm as well. If I was going full fire witch I would just use both. But for a summoner + fire witch Im sticking to firestorm since I'm leveling with a friend who's playing melee dualist and brings a lot of single target DPS.

I think either or is good you just have to decide for yourself which will fit your playstyle and group.
I see you changed pierce to fork on your stream, Void. I assume this is because of the aoe not procing correctly as was mentioned. I don't know how reliable fireball's fork is though - the speed of the spell mixed with the split angles means it often doesn't hit much.

What are your thoughts on Arc and why you're going to make the switch? I want to use it myself but keep reading comments of it being underpowered so I'm on the fence:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55266/page/15

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info