Summoner Fire Witch Guide (video included)

I was checking out a Lightning summoner build : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62766

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpRSwGYUabB8CJKoo-iqYLJwspy0fNsU26TlSOjBEq0bXSbJNuU5tVa5YB1nzWitakV3GYG1mnmqsa9t2EX0YfVN-r4IQgpuCx4VgiECLjI0Zj0aPppAzkFWboZ2uo_KmrKcIqH2qxKyYtQS2hriTvDfAGsG0zLfMvNDQ0_vVddgk2QvZX92M3fPfsOAS4XPjauQi5OzmTOvu7IrtIPLO99f6gPrS

I was comparing it to yours and the most eye catching difference is that the lightning one almost lacks +health% and resist nodes. Yet the guy seems pretty confident without it.
I have no experience in lategame POE yet but if you are staying away from he enemy and letting the summons do the tanking would you still survive fine without that much of HP, resist?

"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
I was checking out a Lightning summoner build : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62766

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpRSwGYUabB8CJKoo-iqYLJwspy0fNsU26TlSOjBEq0bXSbJNuU5tVa5YB1nzWitakV3GYG1mnmqsa9t2EX0YfVN-r4IQgpuCx4VgiECLjI0Zj0aPppAzkFWboZ2uo_KmrKcIqH2qxKyYtQS2hriTvDfAGsG0zLfMvNDQ0_vVddgk2QvZX92M3fPfsOAS4XPjauQi5OzmTOvu7IrtIPLO99f6gPrS

I was comparing it to yours and the most eye catching difference is that the lightning one almost lacks +health% and resist nodes. Yet the guy seems pretty confident without it.
I have no experience in lategame POE yet but if you are staying away from he enemy and letting the summons do the tanking would you still survive fine without that much of HP, resist?

Well of course if you don't get hit you don't die :P

But the second you don't realize a pack is elemental reflect and you shoot a fireball at them
without resists or lots of hp you will miss that 15% exp you had. Dying late game in this game is very detrimental. At high levels you will be losing hours worth of exp each time you die, it's just not worth it IMO
i used to like fire ball but i like firestorm better now, im kinda of noob so would you think i use fire storm with increase aoe and concnetration effect and fire penetration works? or i should just go fire ball?i dont like fire ball that much
how does pierce/lmp fireball compare to:
concentrated effect+chain or concentrated effect+fork?
Hi

I decided to go for summoner/fire route too. I did not watch the videos yet since i'm a new player and only at act2.
But here is how i planned my passive skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVyvfsIIQB6UC42vbfRjsikmyLJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CNsXYJKcI2QsqmPqAj0bQ0JuhSOc22PFs7FWXhSqNiBvvhffXzLwQl0QEhWCqxE25QZYFQq6zna4abKasiECQM6yYFLA6MDlSvDdObQdj5oHAVG0ZBAeXlZf0UlM9X5Mnv5fJPfIetAxGcSq6lSCCx9P7qH1akWqs5CIpT4Kb1HznanrmfVO2ht3zYG1dxkbX7SDhc4uMn988Be982t0A_XRVfM7r5F8qTLMtH1gHuJPr7ij6gUmyOGZP

I have raise zombie and spectre, no skeletons yet (is it worth?) and i use fire trap with firestorm for aoe and fireball for single target. I plan to use 2 hex: Vulnerability (or Efeeble) and Flammability (or Elemtal weakness). I know, i did not put any sp on elemental resistance, but with extra from quest in act2 and Purity (i wil lchange from Clarity) plus what the gears will give i hope it will do.

So what do you think is it good or what should i change?
hey voidmoon can i use firestorm instead of fireball? firestorm i would include increase aoe+concentrated effect+faster casting
"
PSGMud wrote:
Just wanted to point out that pierce doesn't trigger the aoe of fireball. There are other really great support gems out there though.
Confirmation on this?

Also Void, I just caught your stream for a couple minutes last night and you were talking about changing to an Arc build or something, do you think that would be more effective?
Hey man, very nice build. I enjoyed watching the preview and I decided to make a summoner. I got lucky by getting this unique but is it worth using it?

"
Hey man, very nice build. I enjoyed watching the preview and I decided to make a summoner. I got lucky by getting this unique but is it worth using it?

Nice weapon, but I'd switch it out for a wand with +spell damage and a +gem level to fire skills whenever you can.
"
Vantana wrote:
"
PSGMud wrote:
Just wanted to point out that pierce doesn't trigger the aoe of fireball. There are other really great support gems out there though.
Confirmation on this?

Also Void, I just caught your stream for a couple minutes last night and you were talking about changing to an Arc build or something, do you think that would be more effective?

Yeah sorry the stream only lasted about 2 hours last night, my internet was too bad to keep streaming T_T

But I don't think it will be BETTER. I just want to try out as many builds as possible. Since I have so much time to play the game (12+ hours a day) I like to test out as many builds as possible so that those of us that don't have this kind of time on their hands can have as many reliable builds as possible at their disposal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info