Summoners please read.

/signed
AND by the time I even get my auras and summons in pvp im either dead or my team won already...
/signed for great justice and permaspectres.
"
Warzone129 wrote:
I wanted to create a thread to find out why GGG refuses to implement a feature allowing minions to persist if u log off or dc.

This feature already exists in Animate guardian.

This feature has been asked for by most summoners who run maps since the start of the game. Even people who summon from lunaris/solaris want this feature to save 10 minutes of bullshit every time these crapy servers decide its time to kick everyone. People who summon from maps waste half an hour and countless chaos to get their Burning miscreations only to dc.

And yet they still refuse.

Instead they spent time giving us a fucken homing fireball spell they call a minion.

If your a summoner and want this implemented in the game sign here so we can get GGG to at least respond. I tried posting something like this in general but the tossers from the forum police move all threads that don't praise the game in under 1 second.

EDIT: also would like a response as to why they thought it was a good idea not to let us take specters into pvp. Do they seriously expect us to pvp with the random trash mobs they give us to rez in the pvp rooms? Another thing that should have been added in this so called summoner patch, instead of giving new shit we don't have the room to socket anyway how about you fix whats broken atm.

Perma Sentinel Spectres. THis is what this is about. Nerf Sentinels when raised as Spectres. Until then:
"
JIIX wrote:

I can do map up to 70/71 with no problems but only because my minions are über stacked and I can run 6 auras.

I can get to 72 maps before my BM starts dying. (I can run maps without the BM, it just takes far longer.)

My snapshotting is limited to swapping in a Queens Decree when setting up my specters. I have no plans to snapshot gems until I get a 5L or 6L chest.

Frequent disconnects some evenings are the reason I don't play my summoner more frequently. Constantly running back to acquire new evangelists and BM's is just too annoying.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 30, 2014, 2:13:26 PM
"

Perma Sentinel Spectres. THis is what this is about. Nerf Sentinels when raised as Spectres.

Not everybody uses Sentinels. I don't.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 30, 2014, 2:12:40 PM
I dont think I've ever asked for persistent summons, and I've been a summoner since CB, but....I dont think its a bad idea. Maybe just for spectres, since zmbies are pretty easy to get anyway, and if you get that one epic group of spectres from a 75 map, it really sucks to lose them when you log.

I agree, but dont lump me in to the 'I been begging for this forever' crowd because honestly, I never even considered it. Again, summoner since day one of my account.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The post quoted in this thread is not saying snapshotting is here to stay or how we want minions to always work. It's just pointing out a reason why simply removing the snapshotting causes other problems as well.

We're aware that snapshotting is a problem, but the knee-jerk reaction of just removing all snapshotting isn't particularly better, just bad in different ways. This is an issue we're trying to address long term, but finding the correct solution takes time and effort, and we'd rather do that than a quick fix that makes things just as bad* in different ways.

*This is my opinion, some members of the team have come to the conclusion that while still clearly non-ideal, the no-snapshotting case is still better. So that might still happena s a temporary measure at some point, which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

this post right there is exactly why i wont ever buy mont'reguls grasp or the majority of the summoning uniques.

because once snap shotting is gone , every single one of them summoning uniques (with the exception of the bones of uller and maybe midnight bargain /queens decree) will be worthless.... they are all awful items to wear.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 30, 2014, 4:01:48 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

this post right there is exactly why i wont ever buy mont'reguls grasp or the majority of the summoning uniques.

because once snap shotting is gone , every single one of them summoning uniques (with the exception of the bones of uller and maybe midnight bargain /queens decree) will be worthless.... they are all awful items to wear.

Not for a summoner. I have and consistently wear my summoner gear and I have never snapshot my summons. Not even once. and I do level 75 maps with ease. Given, stuff like the sidhebreathe and bones of uller kinda suck for defence, but they are great for the summons, and I'm torn between my awesome +2 summoner helm, and the new unique helm, skull mask.

To be honest, I didnt even know snapshotting existed till about 1 month ago, when they announced the summoner patch, and all the chatter got into whether snapshotting would still be around afterwards, and what was going to happen, etc.

I still dont even know how snapshotting really works or all the specifics, like cast on death, montreguls graps, tabula rosa, etc, and I dont really care. I dont do it now, I never have, and I never will.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Last edited by Zalm on Jan 30, 2014, 4:06:11 PM
im a summoner , and i would never wear sidd or the chober or montre

the buff sid gives is too spread out to be of large consequence.
monti has that huge downside of half zombies and the resists are worthless .
and the chober is the chober why use that when queens decree gives an extra specter
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 30, 2014, 4:08:32 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
im a summoner , and i would never wear sidd or the chober or montre

I wouldnt use Chober, but I can see when it would be used(for that conversion melee skill)

I cant see the point of montre, but I also can. Half your army for heafty replacements. I mean, they do more dmg and have more health, I'm just not sure the mods are strong enough to literally half your crew.

And I love my sidhebreathe. I would love to have the alt artwork, but they stuck it behind a wall of races and desync, so I'll have to hope I can get on in standard later from someone who just wants the void battery alt art and got a sidd extra.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info