Summoners please read.

I'm sure they mentioned somewhere that it is a coding issue. They went into quite a bit of detail why it can't be done like animate skills...now if you can find that post...
"
Warzone129 wrote:

omg snapshotting is not an exploit GGG has already commented on this. EVERY gem in the game snapshots.

I posted before in a different thread with quotes from GGG that snapshot is not in any way intended but a consequence of the way their skills work and are coded - And that they might remove snapshotting at any time without warning, since its not an intended feature.

And using a feature that was not intended, is in itself an exploit. Altho GGG has said its fine to use snapshotting, just don't moan if they remove it :)
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
"
Warzone129 wrote:

What would happen if they removed snapshotting? I would summon specters with no supports or lvl requirement then put in my supports after and then I would have super specters that I can swap supports whenever I wanted for whatever situation, without needing to recast them and they cost 5 mana to cast. Do you see the problem with removing snapshotting from the game?

Not if they removed in a proper way: so that if the cost of a summon is changed by changing links, the summon is despawned.

In your case it would mean that your old specters would be removed when you change the link so that the cost is different.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Found it

"
adania wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There's your problem - the sockets don't match.
In the first armour, that socket is in the first group, in the others, it's in the second group. If you want the skill to be detected as the same, it has to be in the same socket group.
Note that this may not always work in future - this isn't a mechanic, it's simply a consequence of how skills are identified. Should that change, you can't rely on swapping this stuff around and still counting as the same skill long term.

From Here

Snapshotting was never intended, and they always said they might remove it at some later stage. You were warned.
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
There is another post that someone linked in another thread that confirms from ggg that that is intended for minions and that snapshotting is the basic principle of the game.

Too lazy to find it but im not making it up.
:)
"
Warzone129 wrote:

EDIT: also would like a response as to why they thought it was a good idea not to let us take specters into pvp. Do they seriously expect us to pvp with the random trash mobs they give us to rez in the pvp rooms? Another thing that should have been added in this so called summoner patch, instead of giving new shit we don't have the room to socket anyway how about you fix whats broken atm.

Do you really think that would save you? There are 5 rounds for gods sake, if I target your spectres on the first round you might win that round but on the following rounds you will still be without spectres..

"
Warzone129 wrote:
There is another post that someone linked in another thread that confirms from ggg that that is intended for minions and that snapshotting is the basic principle of the game.

At the moment it's anecdotal evidence if you aren't backing it up and other people have posted GGG replys where they say it is not intended and may be fixed any time.
I myself hope two fixes are coming:
*Summons don't disappear on logout
*Snapshotting removed - if you change gems minions disappear
Last edited by almostdead on Jan 21, 2014, 7:14:42 AM
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

EDIT: also would like a response as to why they thought it was a good idea not to let us take specters into pvp. Do they seriously expect us to pvp with the random trash mobs they give us to rez in the pvp rooms? Another thing that should have been added in this so called summoner patch, instead of giving new shit we don't have the room to socket anyway how about you fix whats broken atm.

Do you really think that would save you? There are 5 rounds for gods sake, if I target your spectres on the first round you might win that round but on the following rounds you will still be without spectres..

"
Warzone129 wrote:

At the moment it's anecdotal evidence if you aren't backing it up and other people have posted GGG replys where they say it is not intended and may be fixed any time.
I myself hope two fixes are coming:
*Summons don't disappear on logout
*Snapshotting removed - if you change gems minions disappear

Obviously specters need to persist on death in the pvp room for us to have any chance at any pvp. Its probly too hard for them to code so they wont bother. so we will never get to pvp. GG
:)
Getting back to the OP...

/signed...although most of the time I don't take the time to get a specific mob and just roll with what I find.

I would rather some more crucial things to the UI for summoners. For instance, individual health bars, rather than just a number. I'm talking about at the top of the screen, it shows the health when you only have one, but not when you have more than that.

Secondly, for those that use Animate Guardian, it would be nice to implement a way to see the actual gear that he is wearing. Not have to sit and stare at the thing to figure out each piece just by looks.

Third, a way to desummon. Too many times, I've accidentally got the wrong mob as a spectre, but don't really want to lose my first or second spectre. Therefore, I have to run around with a sub-par spectre until the first two die or I DC.

Hmmm...is there anything else I want for Christmas?
Last edited by Rhytech on Jan 21, 2014, 8:31:24 AM
"
Edhelaneth wrote:
Snapshot is an exploit, so, for me, yes: I'd trade snapshot for minions that don't disappear at log out.

/signed

not an exploit. in fact you can consider it an integral part of the game, there is literally no way a summoner could function without snap shoting.

not with the current power level of summons. not by a long shot.

you would get through norm cruel and the first two acts of merci just fine without snap shotting,

but once you get into act 3 , you dont have uber stacked minions , you are going to get rolled .

"
Rhytech wrote:
Getting back to the OP...

/signed...although most of the time I don't take the time to get a specific mob and just roll with what I find.

I would rather some more crucial things to the UI for summoners. For instance, individual health bars, rather than just a number. I'm talking about at the top of the screen, it shows the health when you only have one, but not when you have more than that.

Secondly, for those that use Animate Guardian, it would be nice to implement a way to see the actual gear that he is wearing. Not have to sit and stare at the thing to figure out each piece just by looks.

Third, a way to desummon. Too many times, I've accidentally got the wrong mob as a spectre, but don't really want to lose my first or second spectre. Therefore, I have to run around with a sub-par spectre until the first two die or I DC.

Hmmm...is there anything else I want for Christmas?

look in your options. you can turn on health bars for your minions, as well as enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info