Summoners please read.

"
Steelunicorn wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
We got amazing g clear speeds with map specters. But we can't get them reliably. Desecrate ground was the opportunity to adress this but ggg failed to do that.

So i was right in my scepticism about desecrate skill :(

I hope th descrate skill can remember the last time you summon a monster in the gem store.

In any map , you can call the Corpse is it (last time you summon a monster).

Perhaps a new recipe : "SpiritSummon" + "descrate" = descrate+

But the descrate+ : always , the last time you summon a monster in the gem("SpiritSummon") store.

Last edited by play2013 on Jan 31, 2014, 7:40:14 AM
If I was using one of those summoner builds I'd shut up and try not to attract too much attention instead of crying for a huge buff. Higher level burning miscreations spectre are out of this world when it comes to damage output with no reflect to worry about. Going through the trouble to get them seems like an acceptable tradeoff to me.

So instead of being a happy pumpkin about the fact that you can clear 70+ maps in about a min you go on the forums and basically cry: "Nerf me! Nerf me!"

There are other ways of dealing dmg as a summoner that are scarily effective especially after the recent patch and even the Lunaris Miscreation does a ton of aoe dmg and takes only one minute to get, not ten.

Last edited by TylerRand on Jan 31, 2014, 8:58:29 AM
"
gr00grams wrote:
Don't need persistent specters either, unless you exploit snap-shotting, and that folks, is a hell of your own making.

I DC frequently enough to make reacquiring specters a pain. It is the reason I do not play my summoner more frequently.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
9_6 wrote:
+fragile spectres

If you knew what you were doing, you would know that the right specters are not only hard to kill, they substantially increase the survivability of the summoner and the rest of his minions.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 31, 2014, 9:00:26 AM
"
Zalm wrote:
"
paleguy wrote:
lunaris/spectre of god spectres just explode.. i can survive high level maps only using evangelists that are very tanky and basically never die, protecting me.. the problem is that clear speed is not very good and they take years to kill the boss.. i mix in 1 BM but it dies to bosses every time..

any suggestion?

Thats the one thing summoners have always had around here. They have great support, survivability, and resourcefulness, but they have terrible clear times. Its kinda something you have to grow accustomed to. Be thankful there isnt a time limit on the maps. or bosses.

There is a timelimit on maps: the time it takes for your Eternal Laboratory instance to close due to inactivity. Typically 30 minutes, I believe, which should be enough time, but is definitely a time limit.

Tho, I suppose it would be more accurate to say this is a timelimit on all unused portals into the map. But if you are soloing a map, you may very well want to haul more than one inventory worth of stuff out, and so this timelimit would be impacting. Make sure to pop out now and then.
"
TylerRand wrote:
If I was using one of those summoner builds I'd shut up and try not to attract too much attention instead of crying for a huge buff. Higher level burning miscreations spectre are out of this world when it comes to damage output with no reflect to worry about. Going through the trouble to get them seems like an acceptable tradeoff to me.

So instead of being a happy pumpkin about the fact that you can clear 70+ maps in about a min you go on the forums and basically cry: "Nerf me! Nerf me!"

There are other ways of dealing dmg as a summoner that are scarily effective especially after the recent patch and even the Lunaris Miscreation does a ton of aoe dmg and takes only one minute to get, not ten.

Its not about the 10 min it takes but the 50+ chaos and the 76+ lvl map u need to roll demons on. And then have it all go poof as soon as the shity game feels like kicking you. (which is fucken 10 times a day)

:)
im of the opinion , we can't really buff or nerf summoners until their dps and survivability are consistent.

having to spend an hour getting your specters or going it with specters 10 levels lower , is NOT consistent.

you cant balance that.

just like playing hardcore in a game known for desync cant be called a particularly intelligent idea

and then there are the over tuned super bosses ,

normal players can pop resist flasks , or hide behind pillars , or run away.

the summons are too stupid to do that , so they need to be comparatively over tuned.

my point being , don't start tweaking the top end features when the underlying mechanics they are built on are about to crumble.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 31, 2014, 11:45:49 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

normal players can pop resist flasks , or hide behind pillars , or run away.

I'm not so sure seeing how many people struggle against Dominus and his "1-shot abilities".

Anyway, how about if minions always scale to the level of the map, meaning up not only down? Would that appease end-game summoners? You'd still have to find the right spectres but you could get them from any low-lvl map, just like you can with zombies, and it should be easy to implement as the code for that is already in the game.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Jan 31, 2014, 6:00:10 PM
"
Zalm wrote:
"
paleguy wrote:
lunaris/spectre of god spectres just explode.. i can survive high level maps only using evangelists that are very tanky and basically never die, protecting me.. the problem is that clear speed is not very good and they take years to kill the boss.. i mix in 1 BM but it dies to bosses every time..

any suggestion?

Thats the one thing summoners have always had around here. They have great support, survivability, and resourcefulness, but they have terrible clear times. Its kinda something you have to grow accustomed to. Be thankful there isnt a time limit on the maps. or bosses.

I feel that the clear time is made up for in the Magic Find summoners can use easily.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 31, 2014, 11:42:58 PM
"
Steelunicorn wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:
We got amazing g clear speeds with map specters. But we can't get them reliably. Desecrate ground was the opportunity to adress this but ggg failed to do that.

So i was right in my scepticism about desecrate skill :(

Ye I knew talking to an arrogant alpha member, who knew nothing about summoners clearly by the crap he was spouting, that desecrate was going to be used as a means to activate bone and flesh offering and would do nothing to address the real problems of summoners.

For those who are saying it made summoning specters easier get a clue plz, if Im in a demon map or a map with evangelists I can kill 2 fucken packs so I can get my specters, I don't need desecrate to do it at the waypoint.

Also im still waiting on GGG to chime in explain why we are not allowed to take specters into pvp? They jump in every second post to tell people to be carebears and say "everybody love everybody" but dodge questions that most summoner want an answer to.

We don't ask any other class to enter pvp rooms without their weapons and anyone who is going to argue that we would be to op need get out more and see some other pvp builds to see OP.

You gave us desecrate so I can summon spider specters or ribbons in the pvp room? Thanks guys good effort.....

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info