Summoners please read.

"
Taipion wrote:

- most mobs don't cut it as a specter, no matter if you oh so exploityployt "snapshot" them
- getting any decent specters takes time, unnecessary, annoying, wasted time
- this is a game, this should be fun, not timewasting and annoying (hard, yes, challenging, yes, but not boring shit like that!)

I agree and my solution is to no longer use specters.
I have to deal with none of this if I only work with zombies and raging spirit totems which also has a higher damage output than juggling skeletons+zombies+fragile spectres around ever had.
"Custom" summons like the guardian or spectres are annoying extra micromanagement and if you don't like that kind of gameplay, don't use them.
We could use some more but at least now, there is a viable alternative.
"
9_6 wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:

- most mobs don't cut it as a specter, no matter if you oh so exploityployt "snapshot" them
- getting any decent specters takes time, unnecessary, annoying, wasted time
- this is a game, this should be fun, not timewasting and annoying (hard, yes, challenging, yes, but not boring shit like that!)

I agree and my solution is to no longer use specters.
I have to deal with none of this if I only work with zombies and raging spirit totems which also has a higher damage output than juggling skeletons+zombies+fragile spectres around ever had.
"Custom" summons like the guardian or spectres are annoying extra micromanagement and if you don't like that kind of gameplay, don't use them.
We could use some more but at least now, there is a viable alternative.

If you honestly say you use raging spirits for dps, you have never seen what dps is.

But again, you say that viable, working features of this game should be removed because you deem them OP and try to argue with stupid arguments instead.

Unlike your troll attempts, this thread and what its aimed at is actually needed.
Maybe you should read with the intent to understand, not with the intent to reply.
"
9_6 wrote:
Maybe you should read with the intent to understand, not with the intent to reply.

Wow thats deep. I gotta admit, that took me by surprise.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
"
9_6 wrote:
I think the main problem here is that summon spectre is just a terrible, terrible skill.
Actually, it's one of the coolest skills ingame. The ability to enslave any non-boss mob you come across and use their abilities, experiment with various combinations is tons of fun and made leveling a summoner a breeze for me (not sure why ppl claim they need help at low levels).

The main problem and why I put my summoner on ice is the ramp up time summoners have every time they log in (maybe the new spell fixes that, haven't tried it yet). Also the UI needs more than 8 skill slots, maybe give auras their own hotbar or something.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
9_6 wrote:

Now that was a silent reply...

What do you want to prove with that sentence except your intent of trolling?!
Where do you guys honestly get this ramp up time?

Here's why I have a hard time with all this;

1. I log in.
2. I warp to scepter of god (example) to farm Dominus.
3. I open a door, start summoning skeletons.
4. I make zombies from what they kill until I've got all 10.
5. I make specters from Evangelists as zombies/skeles take em out as I go.
6. I waste Dominus, warp to town to sell off 40 junk rares.

1. I log in.
2. I warp to Lunaris (example) to farm Piety.
3. I walk forward, start summoning skeletons.
5. I make specters from whatever, usually Tentacles as I go.
6. I waste Piety, warp to town to sell off 40 junk rares.

I literally have ZERO time spent doing all this bullshit being harped on.

Now, if I exploited and used snap-shot, yeah it would totally suck to have to spend a half hour playing tetris with gems etc in slots and all that other jazz, but it's an exploit, one I don't think will be around forever, and I've never needed it.

So explain like I'm five years old here, where is all this time spent doing lord-knows-what that makes life so damn hard?

EDIT* This is an absolute truth, and EXACTLY what I do. You can also substitute it for maps. I only have to spend about 5 seconds at start to cast auras, then I'm off.

Where the hell is this half hour+ of BS we're complaining about?
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 30, 2014, 6:43:21 PM
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
9_6 wrote:
I think the main problem here is that summon spectre is just a terrible, terrible skill.
Actually, it's one of the coolest skills ingame. The ability to enslave any non-boss mob you come across and use their abilities, experiment with various combinations is tons of fun and made leveling a summoner a breeze for me (not sure why ppl claim they need help at low levels).

The main problem and why I put my summoner on ice is the ramp up time summoners have every time they log in (maybe the new spell fixes that, haven't tried it yet). Also the UI needs more than 8 skill slots, maybe give auras their own hotbar or something.

- leveling as summoner only is, up till lvl 31, even after the last patch and with buffs to low level minions, a pain, at least compared to anything else like simply icenova everything or spectralderp or facebreaker
- the new spells fix nothing
- you can activate auras and then put something else in, they will stay active
- it still is silly to be limited to X numbers of skills accessible at once when the game (items, skillgems, sockets,...) allows for more, and more might be good
... and there is no technical reason either to limit it -.-
"
gr00grams wrote:
Where do you guys honestly get this ramp up time?

Here's why I have a hard time with all this;

1. I log in.
2. I warp to scepter of god (example) to farm Dominus.
3. I open a door, start summoning skeletons.
5. I make specters from Evangelists as zombies/skeles take em out as I go.
6. I waste Dominus, warp to town to sell off 40 junk rares.

1. I log in.
2. I warp to Lunaris (example) to farm Piety.
3. I walk forward, start summoning skeletons.
5. I make specters from whatever, usually Tentacles as I go.
6. I waste Piety, warp to town to sell off 40 junk rares.

I literally have ZERO time spent doing all this bullshit being harped on.

Now, if I exploited and used snap-shot, yeah it would totally suck to have to spend a half hour playing tetris with gems etc in slots and all that other jazz, but it's an exploit, one I don't think will be around forever, and I've never needed it.

So explain like I'm five years old here, where is all this time spent doing lord-knows-what that makes life so damn hard?

EDIT* This is an absolute truth, and EXACTLY what I do. You can also substitute it for maps. I only have to spend about 5 seconds at start to cast auras, then I'm off.

Where the hell is this half hour+ of BS we're complaining about?

People tend to feel bad when they only use the 2nd best when something better is just around the corner.

If you use, for instance, tentacle miscreations, you want them from lunaris lvl 3.
(assuming you dont go maps just to get them every time you log in)
And you sure feel bad when you would just use those from lunaris lvl 2.
Same for evangelists from upper scepter of god vs lower scepter of god.

Even without snapshotting, in a perfectly legit and not abusive build, it takes time to get your 3, 4 or 5 specters of choice, especially if you use a mix like 2 evangelists and 3 tentacles, or whatever.

Now, "explain like I'm five years old here", where was your point?! Did you have one at all?!
Yea, I didnt think so either.
Last edited by Taipion on Jan 30, 2014, 6:49:54 PM
"
Taipion wrote:

Now, "explain like I'm five years old here", where was your point?! Did you have one at all?!
Yea, I didnt think so either.

You actually proved my point;

This is all a hell of your own making.
I steam-roll with any evangelists, or Tentacles, or whatever the hell other Specter I pickup. I don't make sure I've anything. I just see a dead one, get it, good to go. The end. If YOU can only suffice with the best, you're creating your own aggravation, and it's also impossible to maintain.

Stop blowing off everything that doesn't agree with your agenda as trolling.

With the new desecrate power, you can create corpses OF level, of any area you are in. This makes getting specters effortless. If you're in a map, hit desecrate a few times, and you have specters.

CHOOSING to micro-manage to the point it's aggravating you is not a fault of the game.

A lower level instance you enter lowers the level of specters to match. Think about that. Say you go get evangelists or whatever in a 72 map. You make sure you get a rare one, that is +2 level. Then you run a 71 map. Your specters are now set to level 71. Complaints about that next? Knowing this mechanic, it is pretty much impossible to maintain 'best' specters in this scenario you detail, unless you have endless amounts of areas the exact same or higher level, but the second you drop a level, all is lost.

For note, I'm not against the suggestion here, I personally don't care.
It should just be noted that this isn't really a game fault. It's micro-management to a point it aggravates the player, but it's also the players' own fault. It's not necessary.

EDIT*

In case this also wasn't picked up from what I put down;

The Eternal Labratory is an 'active' area set to level 66.
Every-time you enter that area with 'over-leveled' specters, guess what happens?
That make it clear? It is literally impossible to keep high level specters.
Last edited by gr00grams on Jan 30, 2014, 7:25:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info