The Master Blaster - Ignitebike Flameblast Ignition [1.1.0 BUILDS]

Here is my variation on this build.
I opted for life nodes over auras and routed through harrier which seemed more efficient to me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4XcYUTbUEBLOiAOQi8B8pTxpsgpudrhmF892nCBJpJKrYJBccNuk2xXF542ofAjbYnC0qjYdll4Wvt-xVSRssnFWuRKuPplJTLR89X20ZwfOio3_GHNwnqZMnLUdabbQM3FdQQiQ8RnEelIw2p1yDCaw_VUukseUZSVFvniaV5Y60OMpKnWP79RmGrEfrLCpNPycVIErILOmD290N_Etbr_zFznFOKmegbBYppYd2Sn0CcQ==
@Tredge
"
Meraxas wrote:
I'm curious what you guys think about this build:

Witch EB/MoM Blaster

If anyone has some opinions i'd like to hear them :)

I like the survivability variation of this but I think you can afford to add a bit more damage. I'd make the following adjustment:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBLMFQgVbB2MI9A5IEZYSaRRNFm8XHBcvGYUabBzcHpQfAiQ8JKomlSepKU8qjSycLR8vbzGINsU22DbpPAU9X0GWRKtFnUbXSRtJUVJTVUtVrlXGVdZXK1ptXcZd8mBtYqxk520ZbXtwu3F5c1N5A3qqf8aApIIQgh6Cm4M4h2WLjIw2j0aPppMnl4Wa4JwtnWOdqp2un9-iAKIuoqOksacIp1ysP66zr7e1BLiTwFTB889l0NDWndgk2RPbC9xX3fPfsOFz42rkIuWO6-7sVe0g73zwH_Pd-tI=

What I've done here is remove the cast speed (unnecessary) and instead moved it to the critical strike chance in the witch starting area, and I've adjusted your pathing thru the mental acuity notable passive in shadow toward the right side to instead go through the Spell Power notable and thru acuity down into the three life nodes, at the cost of one extra point.

The reasoning is simple: 1) you don't need cast speed, as mentioned. 2) you can afford to be able to make the switch once you get the extra point to acquire the spell multiplier, and also add an extra fire node. Two points for the price of one. This helps to add a little more one-shot power in the event that you crit on mobs or bosses, ultimately increasing your burning damage on crit, and gives you a bit greater opportunity to crit as well.

Very nice variation though sir. I'm going to keep this in mind in the event I roll this in an HC league or the next 4-month league. =)

-------

"
Here is my variation on this build.
I opted for life nodes over auras and routed through harrier which seemed more efficient to me.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4XcYUTbUEBLOiAOQi8B8pTxpsgpudrhmF892nCBJpJKrYJBccNuk2xXF542ofAjbYnC0qjYdll4Wvt-xVSRssnFWuRKuPplJTLR89X20ZwfOio3_GHNwnqZMnLUdabbQM3FdQQiQ8RnEelIw2p1yDCaw_VUukseUZSVFvniaV5Y60OMpKnWP79RmGrEfrLCpNPycVIErILOmD290N_Etbr_zFznFOKmegbBYppYd2Sn0CcQ==

I'd have to test this for viability but I don't think I would personally take this variation. I'm currently level 80 with the Shadow variant of the build listed in this guide with 3.5k life and I'm not yet fully geared nor do I have the last life nodes in Templar, and I'm finding having the aura reservation nodes to run vitality and grace almost a necessary addition. Unless you've opted to use life leech instead of Fire Penetration to add some survivability?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 16, 2014, 4:01:30 PM
I dont understand Vitality as a primary way to regain life.

Vitality just isnt worth the points required to run imo. 1 point in templar gives half the regen of vitality.

I run Grace and just enough Clarity as needed.
@Tredge
"
Tredge wrote:
I dont understand Vitality as a primary way to regain life.

Vitality just isnt worth the points required to run imo. 1 point in templar gives half the regen of vitality.

I run Grace and just enough Clarity as needed.

In some map mods life regen is necessary e.g. half regen

And some high level map boss like Chaos dmg / bleeding / burning life regen really help a lot.

I'm 86 FB Templar and I found that vitality is more important than determination.
Well I'm coming from the Shadow end of the build. I think maybe when I get that 1% node I might drop vitality in favour of determination instead.
If this build is about Burning dmg then why take the 2x8% fire dmg nodes over 2x10%(+0.4% regen) burning damage nodes in the immolation cluster?
"
Kronox001 wrote:
If this build is about Burning dmg then why take the 2x8% fire dmg nodes over 2x10%(+0.4% regen) burning damage nodes in the immolation cluster?

Because % fire damage also increaes the damage of the resulting burn.

Burn is 80% of initial fire dmg, so it's essentially a tradeoff between 16% increased initial damage and 0.4% regen.
Last edited by DiddiZ on Mar 17, 2014, 7:31:19 PM
How do you get enough strength to wear the kaoms and level up your red gems so high?

*edit* Im also finding it difficult to run vitality. I currently use grace, purity and clarity. Without the clarity I have real troubles channeling my FB. Im only 65 though so maybe thats why.
Last edited by nemahsys on Mar 17, 2014, 9:52:28 PM
"
Im also finding it difficult to run vitality. I currently use grace, purity and clarity. Without the clarity I have real troubles channeling my FB. Im only 65 though so maybe thats why.

The simple solution: balance your resistance by upgrading your other gear so you can drop purity in favour of vitality.

Also: get as much gear as you can that adds extra mana, and make sure you follow the link chain that prioritizes concentrated effect over the IBD gem. You'll be able to 1-3 channel most mobs while soloing and your mana shouldn't be a major issue. As you're able to add more of the reservation nodes and your reduced mana levels up, you can upgrade clarity a bit to make it more manageable.

I'm currently using level 6 clarity alongside grace and vitality and largely I have no problems (also, reduced mana 19, and all the reservation nodes). So part of it is likely your level and passive tree points atm. With a full mana pool, I'm able to get up to 8 charges right now before I have to hit the mana flask in order to eke out the last 2 charges.

"
Because % fire damage also increaes the damage of the resulting burn.

Burn is 80% of initial fire dmg, so it's essentially a tradeoff between 16% increased initial damage and 0.4% regen.

Especially while you're levelling and working on 20%ing all your gems, there's going to be points where your flameblast doesn't ignite and the extra 16% damage can be really helpful in getting that kill anyway, avoiding a recast.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 18, 2014, 3:33:06 PM
So...
Firedamage increased flameblast and burning damage?
Elemental damage increased flameblast and burning damage?
Spelldamage only increased flameblast damage
Burning damage only increased the burning damage

EDIT:
Area damage increased flameblast and burning damage

All right?
Last edited by Dillemille on Mar 19, 2014, 6:31:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info