Piety Out of Control

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.

Your prolly also the guy i should that when Voidbear's get the mod "Additional Projectiles" they cast there beam x3 stacked on a player.. and really really really.. hurt.. like... 100%-0% in 2 seconds, this is with 75% lightning and fire.. the skill just fires off so rapidly.. Maybe if they they were in diffrent directions etc it wouldnt be as bad.. but they can get you from range and just tear you to bits.
@Logos to get to me ingame!
Check out my Stream at www.twitch.tv/killa1413
Are those the flamethrower frog-things in the Docks? Those are terrifying.

The multiple projectiles thing works based on the range, so if they target you at max range then they will be clumped, and if they target at point blank, they will be spread. Thing is though, I think if they "start" firing you as soon as you approach, they'll be locked onto the long range tight version. Just offering a little clarification.

But anyway, comments seem to indicate Piety's a little too anti-summoner right now. Giving her some minions would alleviate that by allowing a summoner to replenish their arsenal. Also gives all of us some extra flask charges and another thing to worry about. Mainly though I'd just like her to not spend a portion of the fight doing nothing but run away from you.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.

WTB this skill for my firestorm class!
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
globbi wrote:
I will try to not take part in shit-talking, but still help and educate new players.

Killing piety as ice witch: get max cold resist, get dispel chilled on at least 1 flask, get high lightning resist, wear pure ES gear. Obviously if possible you should max all resists but fire is the least important.
Get ice spear with increased critical damage (you should have it as ice witch, at least for leveling). Wait for her to get in the ice form, shoot back so that she will lose her ES and some health while you lose only ES. After you lose ES run around to recharge it. From lightning you just have to step aside. From fire you just have to run away, you will get hit but with pure ES gear you should survive. You can cast enfeeble when she is chasing you and switch to frostbite when you are attacking.

To kill her with freezing pulse you can stack evasion, max fire resist and fight piety in her fiery form. It will be easy to avoid ice and lightning, then she will run to you on her own. If you have bear traps you can add them for this option, in this case support them with added lightning or other added damage. Fire would will of course help too. (playing ice witch does not mean you should throw away non-cold skills that are better for your leveling).

thats for your reply and have to admit its usefull and constructive unlike the other replies i got, i have to say that i came here giving my feedback that the boss is difficult to solo as frost witch AFTER i have killed it in a group, took 1 try and it felt that if i would have hidden myself behind a pillar the whole fight, the boss would have still died without problems, now when u go alone, you have to do as u said above, so you see what my problem was? i mean i dont have ES gear, didnt even think ill need it, so it requires some effort alone, gathering all that...and preety much no effort in a group, i changed no skills, no talents, no gear while in a group, i didnt die and i did dps as much as possible. This is also possibly true with other classes, as the fight might be easier or harder based on the class you play, altho i cant say for sure, so who here wants a game where class wins?
I think the key here is to balance things, i never said they should nerf it, just balance it so that its equally difficult in all situations, i personally dont like playing these type of games in a group while leveling, only end game.
The issue with the fight with Piety is that her Energy Shield regens far too fast. Its the same with General Grevicius.

Once you manage to get the Energy Shield down her health starts to drop at a decent rate but keeping the DPS up to keep the shield down solo is difficult when your also having to keep an eye on her portals and also the minions she summons and dodging her attacks.

It gets tricky.

If the regen rate on Piety and Grevicius were lowered slightly i think it would be much more manageable whilst also staying tough.
Summoning Zombies from Stone and Bone since 2011
If people are struggling with her shield regen, that would explain why I had no problems with it.
"
karmakill wrote:
"
globbi wrote:
I will try to not take part in shit-talking, but still help and educate new players.

Killing piety as ice witch: get max cold resist, get dispel chilled on at least 1 flask, get high lightning resist, wear pure ES gear. Obviously if possible you should max all resists but fire is the least important.
Get ice spear with increased critical damage (you should have it as ice witch, at least for leveling). Wait for her to get in the ice form, shoot back so that she will lose her ES and some health while you lose only ES. After you lose ES run around to recharge it. From lightning you just have to step aside. From fire you just have to run away, you will get hit but with pure ES gear you should survive. You can cast enfeeble when she is chasing you and switch to frostbite when you are attacking.

To kill her with freezing pulse you can stack evasion, max fire resist and fight piety in her fiery form. It will be easy to avoid ice and lightning, then she will run to you on her own. If you have bear traps you can add them for this option, in this case support them with added lightning or other added damage. Fire would will of course help too. (playing ice witch does not mean you should throw away non-cold skills that are better for your leveling).

thats for your reply and have to admit its usefull and constructive unlike the other replies i got, i have to say that i came here giving my feedback that the boss is difficult to solo as frost witch AFTER i have killed it in a group, took 1 try and it felt that if i would have hidden myself behind a pillar the whole fight, the boss would have still died without problems, now when u go alone, you have to do as u said above, so you see what my problem was? i mean i dont have ES gear, didnt even think ill need it, so it requires some effort alone, gathering all that...and preety much no effort in a group, i changed no skills, no talents, no gear while in a group, i didnt die and i did dps as much as possible. This is also possibly true with other classes, as the fight might be easier or harder based on the class you play, altho i cant say for sure, so who here wants a game where class wins?
I think the key here is to balance things, i never said they should nerf it, just balance it so that its equally difficult in all situations, i personally dont like playing these type of games in a group while leveling, only end game.

How do you make things 'equally difficult in all situations'? You can't make it equally difficult for the guy with 500hp and 25 all resist and the guy with 800hp and 75 all resist, its not possible.

I liked the fight personally. It was pretty hard the first time through with the first character. We have weak gear and limited currency items to craft good twink stuff. In a few months when you have access to awesome gear for the levels the fight will probably be fairly easy.
I play a ranger and thought the fight was pretty hard but still managable, but I've read a lot of feedback about summoners getting screwed in Act 3 and it is good to see that GGG read that feedback too.

Now concerning some of the posts here in the threads... Kabraxis imho you are a giant douche and the phrase "go back to D3" just because the OP posted his personal feedback in the feedback forum is incredibly dumb. I know this is the internet and it is easy to be an ass to other people because you actually don't have to face them but if we want to build a nice and mature community we should avoid behaviour like that.
"
Asphael wrote:

Now concerning some of the posts here in the threads... Kabraxis imho you are a giant douche and the phrase "go back to D3" just because the OP posted his personal feedback in the feedback forum is incredibly dumb. I know this is the internet and it is easy to be an ass to other people because you actually don't have to face them but if we want to build a nice and mature community we should avoid behaviour like that.

Gimme abreak - he dont leave feedback - he says: i cant play - the fight it too hard plz nerf because i want to progress with easy. And almost any other post in this topic says that fight is manageable.

Also.. no build, no gear, no stats. Only 'its to hard' crying. I dont see any CONSTRUCTIVE and USEFUL feedback here m8. Only crying about 'i cant dodge her attacks' (miraculously i can and other ppl can too) and some bullshit about HnS boss fights design. Also there many advices (form me too) about how to kill her and about tactics - and what? nothing. PPL that cry in this topic compeltely ignore WORKING tactics that are given to them.

Its just like D3/WoW/Blizzard forums crying "NERF this!" - and its nerfed in next patch to brainless difficulty because of crying casuals that says 'its irrevelent" whan asked about build (LOL). The sooner ppl like this will L2P or quit the better for the game. Been there, done that in many online games.

So yea... go back to D3 and dont try to destroy another game with instant gratification attitude. Thx.

GGG: plz dont make game easier - ppl like them will not stay here anyway. New Call Of Duty will be out (or another crappy brainless AAA title) and they will vanish in seconds because crying there is easier and thay can 'win the game' with money or 5h gametime investment. Thank You.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jan 27, 2013, 7:47:12 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

You could give the Ball a number of charges and each hit removes one of the charges, when all charges disappear the ball disappears.
That way not all minions get killed.

"
Your prolly also the guy i should that when Voidbear's get the mod "Additional Projectiles" they cast there beam x3 stacked on a player.. and really really really.. hurt.. like... 100%-0% in 2 seconds, this is with 75% lightning and fire..

They are walking Flametotems.
I pretty much ignored them in normal till I met one in haste and mulitshot that drained 700 HP instantly.
But so are act1/act2 combinations too.
Big squids with multishot or Explosive/Poison Archers with Multishot.
Just take more care when a rare got that mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info