Piety Out of Control

"
Kabraxis wrote:
L2P.

"
one thing is a boss beeing difficult, taking strategy, and another is to be plain silly, basicly no matter how good you are, its just impossible to dodge attacks that kill me with the way i build my 35 witch alone, it wasnt that i was failing at anything, i was just dying when he went rogue, focused on taking the red zones out instantly still wasnt fast enough, and in order to respec the amount of points would be too much, yeh i did it in a party and was a joke, no one was moving from anything and there was a portal inside the room in case someone was dying, so my point is the difference in difficulty from a group and solo is colosal, at least in my case on this boss, also the last boss in act 1 i think, had no strategy no tactic, just a normal attack that if u wanted to dps down his shield, u had to stay till to cast, and die in the process from his frost attacks...had to buy frost resist rings for that, would be nice to orient bosses more on a strategy then "build and gear for it" ideea.

Level 35? That's probably why that poster couldn't kill her. Get yer arse to Fellshrine imho.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAES8V5xa_FvMc3CQ8JjwmlSepKlstRy-dOBtJUVBCVUtabV3yYeJtGW17cFJw1XOzf8aH24w2kc-ZmqIuoqOnXLVItvfB89IZ1U_W0d535BHrY_Br8Xbz6g==

Something like that. Its Shadow based on Ethereal Knives spell. Semi-Ranged physical caster.

Done her on normal with one death.

Again - LEARN TO PLAY.

There is still no argument in this thread. Not even slightiest. No one post their crappy build, no one post their crappy gear, no one even write his HP amount (BTW i think i was about 500Hpo on Piety normal). Only hyperboles and statements without any real backup in arguments and examples.

Ypou ppl from D3 generation are just hilarious. You dont know the game, you dont have any idea about mechanics, you make glassy cannon builds (i bet) and then you come to forums to complain about your inability to adapt and asking for nerfs and design changes. And you even dont post your gear and build. Pathetic.

Stop this or go to Blizzard - thet cater to this mentality.

man either you are stupid or just trollin us, we are talking about frost witch, not shadow based on ethereal knives, and see this is the problem, we come here to say that this boss can be soloed with 1 death by literrally noobs such as ureself, who hate on games that this one is basicly build on, telling us to l2p, d3 generation? are u stupid m8? the point of this is to make a difficulty that is beatable and defined by SKILL and personal aptitude, rather then luck in drops, or class selection, all you say is d3 in every sentence and it has nothing to do with this, yeh i played diablo so what? so did the people who made this game and whats the problem?
the whole point i was trying to make is that 1 ability of the boss beeing screwed up towards my class, no matter how i am build i will still die from it and wont be able to avoid it, because its not ment to be avoided, its ment to be soaked amongs multiple players, and im talking about it in single player, the way the developers contructed the fight was so that players can eliminate the circles they cant take as a class or build, but you cant do that in singleplayer cause they are all over the damn room not just on one side or smthin. Oh and yes i play a glass cannon (as far as passives go) build because i can avoid things, assuming they are avoidable, but i also took every single shield bonus i could find there.

"
Kurogami wrote:

Level 35? That's probably why that poster couldn't kill her. Get yer arse to Fellshrine imho.

this is probably the only decent reply ive seen regarding this, however in the level right before the boss i was in my level range, wasnt aware that the level requirement was higher.
Last edited by karmakill on Jan 27, 2013, 12:55:11 PM
i just defeated Piety on normal with a friend, he died 9 times, me once. It was brutal, but it was brilliant. I would not change it, not at all. The diffirence with other ARPG's is that, since bossrunning is less viable in PoE, bosses can be a bit overkill to make it a true bossfight. It might be a bit hard to solo at one point, so i'd suggest just playing in a party.
Ok so is it that hard to ask for someone to help you in general chat ? I bet there are like at

least 20 people that have nothing to do chilling there ready to help people out .
"
karmakill wrote:
"
Kabraxis wrote:
lol... just lol.

I give you advices how to kill her. If you cant kill her on normal you just suck. She is easy on normal lol... EOT.

Also you only ccomplaining and demending ners and you still dont post your gear, stats and build.
Without this i will not answering you again because there is nothing construdctive to answer - your post are childlish rants without real arguments.

L2P

/thread

i never demanded a nerf, all i said is that i think it needs a change, you didnt read probably, but ok, i did kill her on normal, but not alone, and if u can do it alone with a frost witch at 37, good for you then, and i did say i play a frost witch, no need to give u info on my entire build as that is irelevant, and my arguments were valid id say, not childish, i said that there is unavoidable dmg from an ability that just kills me in less time that i can heal, running is not possible as in that phase the boss moves faster then i can outrun, so the trick is to soak the dmg, this is how the ability is designed, wich i cannot without spending alot of respec points or go back and farm, or just go in a group, so then my PERSONAL opinion and feedback was that instead of having to do all that just give me 4 more things to dodge and make that dmg from that 1 ability survivable.

I'm sorry but your entire build IS relevant. My hardcore witch did just fine at level 35. I specced mainly defenses with Cold damage. I am working my way over to Zealot's oath and more ES nodes. You need to make sure you don't go all out damage and completely forget about defenses too. Also you may just be using a shit build that does not synergize well with your spells. I mainly use Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear and Cold Snap for non-resistant mobs. Make sure you have an aura that is worthwhile and if you use one school of magic make sure you have a curse for that school. This game is built around how bad your build is to an extent.

I capped my resists early on to make normal mode a breeze. I am getting my damage bit later but it is to be safe. If I need to group up before I get my major damage nodes so be it, but I do have decent damage. What is you r HP/ES and your damage per second with the spells you are using. Also what Aura/Curses?
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 27, 2013, 5:09:36 PM
I don't want to scream L2P, as that isn't very useful. I would like to comment though that I have a witch, lightly frost speced, and I beat her without dying once at around level 37. Here is the approximate build as it was at the time: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelES0RUB8CLJwy0TvhRKtFR0bXSbJVrlZKVytdxmBtbRlzU3yDfll_xoIQg_ePppUEnqGio6crr5u1BLiTu9bAVMHzzfrd89-w4vfmgQ==

I didn't find it that hard. I summoned skeletons to distract her when she was in fire mode and hid behind pillars when she was in frost mode, and took what shots presented themselves. Soaking damage wasn't key, avoiding it entirely was.
Last edited by EatThePath on Jan 27, 2013, 4:07:13 PM
"
EatThePath wrote:
I don't want to scream L2P, as that isn't very useful. I would like to comment though that I have a witch, lightly frost speced, and I beat her without dying once at around level 37. Here is the approximate build as it was at the time: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelES0RUB8CLJwy0TvhRKtFR0bXSbJVrlZKVytdxmBtbRlzU3yDfll_xoIQg_ePppUEnqGio6crr5u1BLiTu9bAVMHzzfrd89-w4vfmgQ==

I didn't find it that hard. I summoned skeletons to distract her when she was in fire mode and hid behind pillars when she was in frost mode, and took what shots presented themselves. Soaking damage wasn't key, avoiding it entirely was.

I use a very similar build but I did not go past the 6% increased cold damage after that major node because it is more efficient to take the one that is next to +30 int. This build is great so far.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 27, 2013, 4:10:55 PM
I will try to not take part in shit-talking, but still help and educate new players.

Killing piety as ice witch: get max cold resist, get dispel chilled on at least 1 flask, get high lightning resist, wear pure ES gear. Obviously if possible you should max all resists but fire is the least important.
Get ice spear with increased critical damage (you should have it as ice witch, at least for leveling). Wait for her to get in the ice form, shoot back so that she will lose her ES and some health while you lose only ES. After you lose ES run around to recharge it. From lightning you just have to step aside. From fire you just have to run away, you will get hit but with pure ES gear you should survive. You can cast enfeeble when she is chasing you and switch to frostbite when you are attacking.

To kill her with freezing pulse you can stack evasion, max fire resist and fight piety in her fiery form. It will be easy to avoid ice and lightning, then she will run to you on her own. If you have bear traps you can add them for this option, in this case support them with added lightning or other added damage. Fire would will of course help too. (playing ice witch does not mean you should throw away non-cold skills that are better for your leveling).
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
We're aware that there's an unfortunate overlap in Piety's lightning skillset, in that both the Ball Lightning skill and Arc excel at hitting multiple targets, thus being good aginst minion players.
We do intent to replace Arc with another lightning spell once we have time to make a new appropriate one, but for now have to work with what we have - the "Lightning Storm" (reskinned firestorm) skill was added the day before open beta, as my suggestion for something different we could do without having time to make new art assets or complicated skill code.
We're quite happy with how that one turned out as something different from the arc and ball lightning, but when we have time to plan out and create new skills for her to use, we'll be able to make both fights with Piety more varied by replacing Arc with something else that probably doesn't do best against small groups of enemies.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 27, 2013, 5:12:11 PM
I'm not gonna take part in the shit-talking either.

I'll be honest, I actually found Piety... slightly anticlimactic. Anyone here played Psychonauts? Remember how the final boss in that, for half of it you were completely defensive then the other half you had free reign to do whatever the hell you want to it? When she's switching forms and running from one circle to the other, it's a lot like that.

I was a level 37 dual-wield ranger focusing mostly on defences with a bit of crits, and mostly used Viper's Strike, Puncture, and Dual Strike. I had exceptional cold resist (60-70) and solid fire resist (40-50), and close to 800 hp (as well as Iron Reflexes). Didn't die once, and I didn't explicitly prepare for her either; I just happened to have exactly what I needed.

I'd like to see her reworked so that she fights normally when she's out of her special forms, then taking a short amount of time to switch to and from them. It may also be more interesting if some of her bioweapons popped up from time to time, if only to give you some flask charges. If these things are added in, she might need to be nerfed slightly to keep her the same challenge as she is now, I don't want her buffed, just reworked to be a bit more exciting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info