Piety Out of Control

I love all the arguments of L2P and OMG STOP COMPLAINING THE GAME IS HARD.

I don't think the OP is saying that, I think based on their particular build that this fight is hard. Having fought Piety now, through both Alpha and Beta, on multiple different full summoner builds - full summoners definitely have a hell of a time with her I'd imagine.

I've currently picked up a good majority of the passives available on the skill tree for upping %life and % damage on minions, have minion damage and life attached to skeletons and zombies, as well as one of the uniques to increase this as well (neck). She still one-shots the minions.

I don't necessarily think that this is a problem with Piety though, as being moreso a problem with the ability to increase minion defenses - especially in the elemental resist category. While you can use Necromatic Aegis to gain some resistances from shields by doing this, it isn't enough to put a dent in Piety's elemental damage.
Last edited by Elynole on Jan 31, 2013, 1:36:50 PM
Doubt there's much care for my opinion, but I'm too annoyed to not post it, so hey!

Duelist with life drain/armorevasion/melee spec - I guess by merit of melee alone I'm pretty much hosed for most bosses (anything that shoots multiple projectiles seems to all hit melee characters at once for insta-death.) I burned all my portal scrolls trying to kill her and, thanks to server lag, can't dodge her ice stuff. Also, while i was running back to fight her, she summoned about 30+ blood elementals. It doesn't help that my attacks often don't hit, whether by lag or something else that I can't tell what is, who knows. Do enemies dodge? I assume so.. can I tell if they did? No clue.

It's frustrating to spend so long and get this far in a game and get totally snowballed unless I dramatically alter every piece of gear I have towards fighting one single boss.. In my opinion that isn't good game design, it's very much the opposite, and shows a dev taking a deus-ex-machina approach of 'challenge.' i.e. - there's no challenge, but instead it forces some players to stop playing entirely and just grind out gear specifically angled to one single fight, in order to get any further.

I also feel it's worth pointing out that the last area is just absolutely boring and tedious. It's obvious the developers wanted to stretch the end of act 3, and it is grindy and absolutely dreary, and that's all it is. Endless waves of the same blood elementals and elemental skeletons.. over and over.. in a level that is strangely many times larger than any other quite suddenly.

The game up until the end part of act 3 was pretty fun - but General Grevicious was doable.. but only by swapping to bow and running around. His molten shield thing one-shotted me, even with dual fire resist rings, so not sure what a melee character is supposed to do there.

Maybe some of you enjoy being forced to rebuild and regear entirely for one fight and consider that "fun" and "challenging," but to me it's just lazy game design aimed at appeasing some grind-happy Diablo2 kids, while leaving other folks annoyed at hitting a very sudden and dramatic roadblock. I also find it pretty lame to have dramatic jumps in 'difficulty.' If that really is the intention, why can a character breeze all the way TO her without the tools to beat her? Again, just bad game design. In a game with a wide variety of passives and gear, being forced to pigeonhole into the "right" builds just smacks of the same thing: bad design. :(
What level are you and how much life do you have?
I personally find the way Piety fights in her first encounter more maddening, since one of her main spells is literally undodgable (lightning sting). However her second fight is easy if you use some tactics. You only need 65% movement speed to outrun her dagger form; which is 1 movement speed item + flask, or even just 1 specialized Quicksilver flask (The enchantment being +movement speed, so that it stacks to 65% during flask effect). I'm sorry, but just use some strategy.
"
Flickerflare wrote:
I personally find the way Piety fights in her first encounter more maddening, since one of her main spells is literally undodgable (lightning sting). However her second fight is easy if you use some tactics. You only need 65% movement speed to outrun her dagger form; which is 1 movement speed item + flask, or even just 1 specialized Quicksilver flask (The enchantment being +movement speed, so that it stacks to 65% during flask effect). I'm sorry, but just use some strategy.

Outrun her is not really strategy.

I us a different strategy, I just TP home if she switches to that form and come back short time after to completly avoid the form. Is much easier than running away^^.

There is only one thing that I hate about the first Piety fight... why can't I have that Lightning-Ball skill?^^
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Flickerflare wrote:

Outrun her is not really strategy.

I us a different strategy, I just TP home if she switches to that form and come back short time after to completly avoid the form. Is much easier than running away^^.

There is only one thing that I hate about the first Piety fight... why can't I have that Lightning-Ball skill?^^

Outrunning is a strategy. If a form hits too hard, avoiding combat for 5 seconds will solve the problem. If you do that by town portalling, you still -ran away- for 5 seconds. Our mode of running is just different.
Had no problems with her in Normal and Cruel with an Acro/Eva Bow Ranger. Beat her on normal with my Melee Eva/ES Shadow using a 2h sword with heavy Strike and Cleave. I imagine I won't have much trouble on cruel either. Use town portals. Kill her portals.
Yes, I also used quicksilver flask to outrun her fire mode, well I wasn't really outrunning it but she would only get 2 or 3 tries to hit me before she changed back and being a high evasion/acrobatics/staff block char that usually meant 1 or 0 hits.
Frost form was hiding behind pillars and rest was smashing her to bits.

I play melee and downed her first try without dying... learn the mechanics and youll do fine. Otherwise your build may be broken.

"
Cruxation wrote:
learn the mechanics and youll do fine

and how do you 'learn' without a real chance to study? Even looking on other's videos (to know what to expect) did not make you good in practice... ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Feb 4, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info