Desync and why it's fixable

[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 30, 2013, 4:37:58 AM
This has all been hilarious, at least in the beginning of the back-and-forth, but let us return to the actual topic.

We're aware that mvm199 considers desync in PoE to be atrocious, but what does he think of my suggestion?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This has all been hilarious, at least in the beginning of the back-and-forth, but let us return to the actual topic.

We're aware that mvm199 considers desync in PoE to be atrocious, but what does he think of my suggestion?

Its fucking amazing

Scrotum for president and for game director at GGG (assuming you know what the word 'buff' means, and when you tell players you are buffing skills, you actually do)
Last edited by mvm199 on Nov 30, 2013, 4:38:25 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Its fucking amazing

Scrotum for president and for game director at GGG (assuming you know what the word 'buff' means, and when you tell players you are buffing skills, you actually do)
I can't tell if that's a compliment or sarcasm.
Spoiler
But, for what it's worth, the 1.02 DoT change was clearly a nerf, because DoT users were getting more use out of immunity to reduced damage (Multistrike, LMP, GMP, etc.) than they could hope to get out of the ability to take increased damage. I think it was a change that needed to be made eventually, but should have been accompanied with more opportunities to increase DoT damage, especially in the case of Viper Strike. The decision to nerf base skill DoT numbers was not well thought-out, essentially ignoring the multitude of cases where reduced-damage immunity proved beneficial to such builds.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 30, 2013, 4:46:33 AM
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 30, 2013, 5:59:41 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:

[Removed by Admin]

This is a poor excuse.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 30, 2013, 5:59:53 AM
"
syrioforel wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

Yes I am mad and acting like a little child, without providing constructive feedback, because guess what ... every time I try to give constructive feedback, the fanboys just fill my topics with 10 pages of hate and flaming. 'Its fine' , 'l2p', 'adapt n00p', 'go play d3', 'poe is best game ever stfy tard' etc

This is a poor excuse.

[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Nov 30, 2013, 6:00:08 AM
Still don't know if you were being sarcastic or not.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Off-topic
Poorly thought out, yes ...

like every other change since release

Cleave's 40% less dw penalty
The total destruction of sporker builds
2 hander 'buffs'
WED nerf
RF nerf
auras bullshit

etc
Off-topic
Cleave was downright OP in racing, where the earliest levels are the most important. I'm not sure it needed a nerf that drastic, however; the main problem was that elemental damage was not reduced at all in Beta, making Cleave + Anger and Cleave + Wrath very strong in Beta races, and available as early as defeating Brutus in Normal. I probably would have stuck with the old 40% reduced (not less), but included elemental damage as well. Physical Cleave wasn't OP and didn't need a nerf, just the elemental part (and it got nerfed pretty hard anyway, with the aura change); that's why going from "reduced" to "less" really bothers me. Maybe 30% less instead of 40%, if we have to go down the "less" route?

I don't have a sporker, and I didn't really notice what changes were made to them.

Don't understand exactly what your issue with two-handers is. They were buffed.

The WED change is actually something I have absolutely zero problem with; it's the type of change I would have made. It was very OP considering the amount of damage it could provide with no drawback other than a high multiplier. It was like 1.5 support gems that only took up 1.0 slots. Change reduced both the damage increase and the cost multiplier; exactly what it needed.

RF nerf was... well, I don't know if I approve of anything GGG has done with that skill. Ever. I guess it's a little better off being nearly unusable as opposed to hideously OP, but I feel we can aim higher than that. It's hard to make suggestions for a skill which was never in a good place, ever, but I would have tried basing it entirely off of ES: 100% ES as burning damage to self per second, turns off when you hit 0 ES. At least that way it could be used for a brief increase in spell damage that didn't utterly kill the user, and you could even sustain it with 25 ES, Zealot's Oath, and a little flat regen from gear, so long as you didn't get hit. But I can sympathize with GGG a little bit in that they promised no more wipes, so they can't just remove RF, and the whole thing is a debacle and very hard to untangle. RF should have never existed, but it's too late for that now, and getting it to fit in properly will be highly experimental and likely to create versions of the gem which either suck or break the game in half.

I actually really like the aura changes. Sorry, but it's true that auras were too generalized, and you should have to specialize in them to use them properly. I have an aura-stacking character who does fine, and I have had a few characters who barely used auras at all; that's a lot better than it used to be.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 30, 2013, 5:23:48 AM
"
mvm199 wrote:

so are you

now stop spamming this guys thread and trolling or I will report you to a medi

What's a medi?
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Cleave was never OP in races, besides you dont nerf a skill because of races. They are a smaller part of the game than the real endgame. As it is now, cleave gives you 14% more dmg effectiveness when you dual wield over single wield. (0.7 x 0.6 x 2 = 0.84) Its a joke.

Cleave never gave huge dps anyway ... by what logic are flicker and discharge still untouched, when fb and cleave got nerfed and they provided 25% or less dps of said skills? lol fucking retarded 'logic'. Just like d3 devs, no idea what they are doing, and doubt if they ever play their own game.

They nerfed WED because they buffed 2hander ele dmg and introduced dyadus. SO because of 2handers and one unique item, the whole WED gem got nerfed, sorry but bad choices are bad choices and thats that.

Sporker went from downright OP to downright useless, they couldnt truly balance it instead they killed it.

2handers (phys dmg) werent really buffed, unless you craft nonstop and manage to roll the highest tier flaring mod. THat was the only change to 2h phys dmg. Do you even know this?

I am OK about the RF and auras arguments, I guess.

This DOT change in this patch was beyond absurd, i dont even want to talk about it anymore because it just makes me angry at the excessive downright stupidity of the changes made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info