Desync and why it's fixable

desynch is so bad. try going in pvp 1v1 both using cyclone. its stupid. youll be on the other side of the map getting hit and or hitting someone not even on your screen. its so rediculous its stupid.
"
tpapp157 wrote:

GGG wanted to make a much more tactical game where the environment could be used to your advantage. A game where funneling enemies through doorways was a viable tactic and where getting surrounded and trapped in a corner become a scary proposition. Where tactical positioning was just as important as the gear on your character. To accomplish this, GGG can't rely on many of the things that I just pointed out that D3 relies to hide desync. As an unfortunate result, PoE is more susceptible to desync and when it does happen it has more significant impact on the player's gameplay.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/175363
Desynch and why its not "fixable"
In other games - you get a cookie whether you win or lose. PoE not only takes your fuckin' cookie and eats it in front of you, it slaps you upside the fuckin head a few times for bringing a cookie in the first place.
Last edited by RedBeardBD on Dec 7, 2013, 9:16:04 AM
"
RedBeardBD wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:
GGG wanted to make a much more tactical game where the environment could be used to your advantage. A game where funneling enemies through doorways was a viable tactic and where getting surrounded and trapped in a corner become a scary proposition. Where tactical positioning was just as important as the gear on your character. To accomplish this, GGG can't rely on many of the things that I just pointed out that D3 relies to hide desync. As an unfortunate result, PoE is more susceptible to desync and when it does happen it has more significant impact on the player's gameplay.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/175363
Desynch and why its not "fixable"
I agree completely with the tpapp quote, but to use that information to conclude that desync is not fixable? Bullshit. Having some methods blocked is not equal to all methods blocked; tpapp is just explaining (correctly) why GGG can't just copy-paste D3 netcode to fix the issues.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 7, 2013, 10:02:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info