Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

So here is what I got in the race, I know that I overcapped resist alot but it did save my but from killing my self when soloing and getting the elemental weakness curse on me as I get reflected.

A quick note on the "1shot, after looking it over it wasn't but everything in that moment was a big blur and it did sure feel like it. I guess it's what you ask for doin lvl 69 maps at the VERY end on the race while on the edge of sanity and high on coffee. My reacion time had plummited! Had I to do it over I would do it again(How can you resist!?)

People saying I went overboard with regen, well on 50% regen maps it was still good enough to sustain me, no regen really hurt and I had to play soooooooo slow compared and safe. But duable with life on hit and 3% life leech.

I could do almost anymap apart from -25lower max resist with eleresist which was just a tad to dangerous.

In my next race / OB I will definetly rework this spec a little and with the LA nerf comming I am thinking out several other options that will go well.

All in all I'm super happy with my teams and my own performance, after being away for 24hours doin xmax and then dieing twice. (46vaal oneshit stupid mistake, and lvl30 random disconnect)

oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
Last edited by nugiyen on Dec 31, 2012, 1:27:41 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

I think this showes you that if you play a lot you can get really far even if you play solo. I saw hilbert write earlier that you wont get further than 74-77 in a weekrace playing solo, but im pretty sure I could have been closer to 80 if I didnt die with all those characters first.

The thing is you will eventually hit a brick wall where running lower level maps gives you virtually nothing. 80 solo in a week race really would be impossible unless you had such phenomenal luck that you could constantly run 65+ maps and the will never happen.

I would have hit 80 solo in this race likely. I had 5 maps from fellshrine farming until level 65. I began maps at 65 and after doing 2 maps, I had increased my number of maps to 11. For the next 2 days I used hundreds of lower maps and for days 5-7 I never had to run a map under level 63.

I am 100% convinced I could not have done 82 without a group simply because the clear speed does not compare and I may not have had quite as many maps since currency would have become a limiting factor (it was a big problem this race [we were running 66-68 maps without chisels at at several points], but I'm convinced that with decent luck, 80 is quite achievable in a solo race.

Also, to clarify things since there seem to be a number of misinformed individuals:

-I did not share my account
-My total playtime was 5 days 3 hours
-I did not play the final 3 days without sleep (I did only get 3 hours of sleep though) POE statistics records information in 2 hour segments. The time I slept lined up in such a way that I technically gained a minute amount of exp in both intervals so it appears as though I was still there.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
"
Fireknight wrote:

-I did not play the final 3 days without sleep (I did only get 3 hours of sleep though) POE statistics records information in 2 hour segments. The time I slept lined up in such a way that I technically gained a minute amount of exp in both intervals so it appears as though I was still there.

It actually records every 5 minutes, and organizes that into 2 hour segments, anyone who was looking at poestatistics should know that, and see that you was offline (or not xping rather) for several hours before the final 24 hour push. Great run, you guys really pushed leveling this race.
Last edited by Drystion on Dec 31, 2012, 2:00:02 PM
This was the best race ever!

Is there a new race anytime soon?
does any1 know a link for Kripps gear? Im curious!

Ended 71 playing solo and I still have my girlfriend and family cuz they took me a lot of gametime =(
"

I would have hit 80 solo in this race likely. I had 5 maps from fellshrine farming until level 65. I began maps at 65 and after doing 2 maps, I had increased my number of maps to 11. For the next 2 days I used hundreds of lower maps and for days 5-7 I never had to run a map under level 63.

You have to consider important factors which heavily slow down in solo races.

1st You won't find that many items to reroll maps or roll items.
2nd The expbonus you get from 4-6 parties seems to be bigger than during filler time. You will heavily feel the exp malus.

On the first 1 week race I was out of maps on level 72 and ended with level 60 maps and getting from 73 to 74 with level 60 maps solo is a pain in the ass.
Not to mention size maps gave experience of 3-4 maps, so subterran stream, torture chamber and mine were huge exp boosts.

Another thing that changed is the rare and magic modifier. It was easier to find higher maps when the modifiers were additive.

That's why my guess is level 77 is the max reachable level if you solo in 1 week.
You can try it yourself without a race by starting a character in a mode your chest is empty and reach 2,5-5days playtime without pressure and then see which level you end up.
"
Hilbert wrote:
That's why my guess is level 77 is the max reachable level if you solo in 1 week.

I finished at 77 (about 4 or 5 bars away from 78) solo in one of the week races and I optimized almost nothing about my gameplay. Started doing maps very early, got reverted back to grinding pyramid for hours 3 or 4 times, had terrible map drops in general etc. It's easily possible to go over 77 solo with optimal play, even with bad luck.
Prizes were a wash, though I did stash away 5 during the course of the race ;)

IGN @dime
double post
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Dec 31, 2012, 5:01:25 PM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

I think this showes you that if you play a lot you can get really far even if you play solo. I saw hilbert write earlier that you wont get further than 74-77 in a weekrace playing solo, but im pretty sure I could have been closer to 80 if I didnt die with all those characters first.

The thing is you will eventually hit a brick wall where running lower level maps gives you virtually nothing. 80 solo in a week race really would be impossible unless you had such phenomenal luck that you could constantly run 65+ maps and the will never happen.

I agree with this. I ended at 77(99% solo), and in later part of sunday I did a not great 66 and got about 9%. If I was lucky enough to be getting higher maps like that regularly 80 would definitely be reasonable, but getting that many maps in that range is way too unlikely.

I was leveling good until 74, at which point 60/61 maps become damn near meaningless exp wise. Didn't help that I went on a 2+ day streak of getting 99% 60/61 maps.

I get that its an ARPG and stuff is supposed to be random, but relying on randomness to be able to run actual content to me is just a horribly stupid idea. I'll hope that its only like this right now because its beta and so much content is missing still.

Its also a massive issue in competitions when the person who wins does so because of luck and not skill/time management. Seems like it defeats the purpose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info