Dec 24: One-week HC Race

fml so easy to die
Cutthroat + HC, Be ready to get heartbroken !
Go Kripp. He r da bayst.
"
Bradyarch wrote:
Go Kripp. He r da bayst.

Its over!
"
Guilherme84 wrote:
does any1 know a link for Kripps gear? Im curious!
Check page 65 of this thread.
"
Fanalol wrote:
Kripp getting carry'd by Cybrix errr day. True story.

I KNOW RIGHT!

cybrix is a jerk, just watched the video.

cybrix you need a new nickname fool.
If Arioc played to carry dime then he would have won. Arioc really dropped the ball there
I hope there will be a new race soon :D!
"
cexxxar wrote:

I hope not, too many demigods have been given out lately... value is plummeting.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
cexxxar wrote:

yusssssss me too!

p.s. Chris, need to give out more demigods, to plummet the value
"
Razzmatazz wrote:

First of all if u have really followed the stream u must have seen that they have used always a lot of mats ons their maps. And saying its easy to geht 100% quantity plus two good stats is just wrong. I mean there is enought video proof (and not only from kripp)out there that u can waste a lot of good mats on a map to get those stats.

And again, they used not enough mats for their maps. Kripp usually used around 2-3 chaos for his maps - thats by far not tnough.

"
Razzmatazz wrote:

Sure they could have used their mats more agressivly and looking back at it now its very easy to say that they made the wrong decision. But just look at it objectively if u have to choose between saving mats for later to boost higher maps and therefore sustain them or use them allready ond lower maps is not such a clear choice. Doesnt matter which way u go in the end u can get fucked by RNG either way.

Yes you can always get fucked by RNG, thats right. Maybee Kripp got fucked by RNG. But He got fucked too because he had a bad tactic.
And no, it's always better to invest his mats early (like Kripp said, you shouldn't save your high lvl maps).

"
Razzmatazz wrote:

Lets say they would have used their mats earlier and would have gotten more out of their 62, 63 and 64 maps but than would hit a wall when they are out of mats and have to play shitty higher lvl ones that in the end throw u back to do 60 - 62s again. As far as I have seen chances are pretty high that u get only 60 - 63s when u play those 66 and above maps even if u have high quantity and a couple of other good mods. So just imagine if u would burn through your good orbs earlier and than have to deal with shitty high lvl maps.

The difference here is, that 1) it's possible you have enough mats to sustain and 2) higher lvl maps give you better items -> you can better trade for mats and 3) you get more maps you can sell
And as long as you are able to sustain your high lvl maps you are by far better off than with low lvl maps.

"
Razzmatazz wrote:

I think its really hard to tell what would have been the better choice and judging by the play time that i and you have i guess we are both not in the position to say which choice would have been the better one (and i dare to say that no one really can).

After HC reset "race" and in the turbo race i was Top10 when playing maps. Died on both chars at quite high lvl - but that doesn't really matter in this discussion.
I usually played a lot like Kripps strategy. And usually didn't got a lot of high lvl maps. In the last turbo race i played with 2 partys, one with a player who played with DDT before and then with Hilbert / Xen. They both used a lot more mats on maps than i and Kripp did and we did get higher lvl maps. It usually wasn't easy to get enough mats, but it worked out and was by far the superior strategy.

"
Razzmatazz wrote:

In the end u cant deny that kripps team got more fucked on RNG than probably most of the other teams in the top 20. And yes u might be right they should have used more mats but was it really at the time the wrong choice to do so ... probably not.

The thing is, you can't compare how Kripp and Dom got fucked by RNG. Because Doms possibility of getting maps was way higher than Kripps. Kripp played a few really good maps and got good map drop there - i really don't see your problem with the Kripps RNG.

For example, Dom lost a 69 map with 100% quant to DC - thats far worse than a 5-6 maps no map-drop streak. But you can't really compare their luck when they are playing different strategys.

Kripp had around 30 maps/alchs+scour in the end - that already says that he had a bad map roll tactic (his tactic works in HC but not races - i used it in races too and failed)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info