Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Thirion wrote:
"
knac84 wrote:
What are you talking about guys, they chisel all their >63 maps and re-rolled several times with chaos etc. they always seek for high quant and/or good stats (bigger packs, more magic mobs, etc.). Call it what you want, they had awful luck with maps. Get your facts straight, it's all recorded anyway.

Yes, they spend currency on maps - but by far not enough in my opinion. Between a map with a good stat and 50% quant and a map with a good stat and 100% quant is a really big difference.
(Should be double the map drops)

I never saw him alt + regal for example - the partys that did high lvl maps did that all the time (because it's easy to get 2 good stats and some decent quant then).

In the end Kripps party played harder and sometimes better maps and got some 65/64 maps.

At some point Kripp said they are playing hard temporal chains maps now to get better drops - Dom party did that way earlier and quite often.

"
knac84 wrote:

got more handouts and free runs

Proof there?

"
knac84 wrote:

not that kripp team didn't have any, but in fact not so many as Kripp could have abused it if he had wanted too.

He had 30 alchs / scours and alts / regals and didn't really use them. He could have gotten way more maps with more currency used.

But yeah, a Kripp fanboy that hasn't been in the Top20 in a race usually know every fact about the game/race ...

First of all if u have really followed the stream u must have seen that they have used always a lot of mats ons their maps. And saying its easy to geht 100% quantity plus two good stats is just wrong. I mean there is enought video proof (and not only from kripp)out there that u can waste a lot of good mats on a map to get those stats.

Sure they could have used their mats more agressivly and looking back at it now its very easy to say that they made the wrong decision. But just look at it objectively if u have to choose between saving mats for later to boost higher maps and therefore sustain them or use them allready ond lower maps is not such a clear choice. Doesnt matter which way u go in the end u can get fucked by RNG either way.
Lets say they would have used their mats earlier and would have gotten more out of their 62, 63 and 64 maps but than would hit a wall when they are out of mats and have to play shitty higher lvl ones that in the end throw u back to do 60 - 62s again. As far as I have seen chances are pretty high that u get only 60 - 63s when u play those 66 and above maps even if u have high quantity and a couple of other good mods. So just imagine if u would burn through your good orbs earlier and than have to deal with shitty high lvl maps.

I think its really hard to tell what would have been the better choice and judging by the play time that i and you have i guess we are both not in the position to say which choice would have been the better one (and i dare to say that no one really can).

In the end u cant deny that kripps team got more fucked on RNG than probably most of the other teams in the top 20. And yes u might be right they should have used more mats but was it really at the time the wrong choice to do so ... probably not.

Ah yeah and probs to Dominion and his team for a great race :) had a lot of fun following it.

cheers and peace out

Razz
Last edited by Razzmatazz on Dec 31, 2012, 8:36:23 AM
"
ragnarokgr wrote:
How about NO ?
1st - what's wrong with sharing an account ? It depends on each one to whom we entrust our accounts to.

It's against GGG's TOC/rules. Sharing of account might result in you getting banned.
Last edited by Jarra on Dec 31, 2012, 9:45:10 AM
I think that the best way to look at it would be kind of like poker, if you are dependent on a random outcome, you have to know how many times out of the total that positive outcome will happen, and if those positive results will make up for the negative ones.

I'm sure some better strategist than me is already calculating how many currency it would be worth to waste on every level map. Since it is a race, again using the poker analogy, it won't bring certain results in one race/tournament, but over the course of a couple rng will start turning in your favor.
That should pretty much answer the question of who used theyr resources better, maybe it wasn't even the winner, and he just got a good roll, maybe it really was him with the better strategy, maximizing his chances.

Either way I really like the strategic, and risk measuring component of these races, saddly they are too time expensive for most to actually go for the top spots. They certanly are entertaining though.
Just awoke from a coma
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAnEC_gSzDH0QfxEvFE0VUBXnFr8W8xmFGjgabBzcJDwkqiY8JpUnqSj6KU8spy1HL5026TrYQsNGcUbXSVFN2FBCVUtZ81orWm1dxl3yYG1h4nBScNVzs35Zf8aBb4IegpuDOIfbiEKMNox2jmSQVZMnlSCZmp2Ana6ePKIAo_KnCKdcp4S0DLb3tvq4k7yfwBrBxcae1BnVT9rd2wvd895334TjauOf5CLrY-vu7DjwH_Br8h3z6vem
Intense race till the last few hours, sry to those who died late
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I would like to thank GGG for the event, it was fun. It was my first event, and I took it seriously. I played a lot this week and I normally wont be able to do it because I normally have 8 hours of work every day and around 6-7 hours of sleep.

Since I am a big newb to the game, I just took it as it came, didnt prepare a build or anything.

First character, died at lvl 39 rank 23 to onehit by brutus on ruthless.

Second character, died at lvl 14 rank unknown to I dont remember what.

Third character, died at lvl 64 rank unknown to vaal melee onehit on merciless.

Fourth character, lived at lvl 74 rank 26, doing it solo.

I think this showes you that if you play a lot you can get really far even if you play solo. I saw hilbert write earlier that you wont get further than 74-77 in a weekrace playing solo, but im pretty sure I could have been closer to 80 if I didnt die with all those characters first.

I didnt play without sleep, I did sleep every now and then so it wasnt dangerous, but I wont be able to play this much if its not during a holiday. Also, my map running skills are slim to none, as I have never done it before, so I just rolled maps the way I thought was good, but I barely had any orbs of alchemy or regals.

Was fun for a first event, just a bit angry at myself for wasting all that time to dead chars!

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by CrazylikE on Dec 31, 2012, 10:53:43 AM
"
CrazylikE wrote:

I think this showes you that if you play a lot you can get really far even if you play solo. I saw hilbert write earlier that you wont get further than 74-77 in a weekrace playing solo, but im pretty sure I could have been closer to 80 if I didnt die with all those characters first.

The thing is you will eventually hit a brick wall where running lower level maps gives you virtually nothing. 80 solo in a week race really would be impossible unless you had such phenomenal luck that you could constantly run 65+ maps and the will never happen.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Dec 31, 2012, 11:09:24 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

The thing is you will eventually hit a brick wall where running lower level maps gives you virtually nothing. 80 solo in a week race really would be impossible unless you had such phenomenal luck that you could constantly run 65+ maps and the will never happen.

Oh yeah, you are right. I didnt think of that. I guess, with some good luck then, maybe, but maybe not :)
Ahhhh the power of double totems!
"
Chris wrote:
Prizes have been awarded! They're on new characters on your account as usual. I've added microtransaction credit to the top 20 as well.

Good work, guys! We got some great balance data and plenty more information to help us solve sync and similar issues.

Chris can you start a new years race just for the lulz ?
Thx for the Beta-Key !!!!!!!! =)
I died a few hours before the end of the race on rank 10. We were doing a lvl 65 map with extra dmg as cold mod, and as I played a CI build without freeze immunity, this was kind of a dangerous map for me.

Spoiler
Somehow, I can't resize and upload the screenshot here, so I'll just post the linke here:
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3121/fowevkpx_png.htm

I was doing a double totem spork build with CI, Unwavering Stance, Static Blows and Minion Instability. I'll maybe edit my passive tree into this post later on.

I was probably overextending a bit, maybe it was just because I was a bit sleepy already. I mean at that point I was awake for ~24 hours and before that I slept only 5 hours, before which I was awake for about 26 hours without sleep.
So we were doing that lvl 65 map and I was getting frozen by a melee bandit. I was getting attacked by one more melee and about 3 other range bandits. Getting frozen one time isn't that much of a problem for me normally, because of my 83% cold res and 7,6k ES. As I got frozen a second time, I used my (very bad rolled) Dispel Frozen Flask and tried to get out there to regen my ES.
For me it was looking like I was safe at that point, as I still had 3k ES at that point and was getting ouf of range of the melee and ranged bandits. But then suddenly I was just dead, showing the nice little "Resurrect" button in the middle of my screen. I'm pretty sure, that I was having a little desync there, as I was not getting hit on my screen and simply died to an unknown source of dmg.

As I was getting frozen the second time I considered to close the game, to make sure that I don't die, but I decided not to do so because of 3 things:

1.) I was pretty sure, that I would be safe and could get away without a problem.
2.) It was absolutely not looking like I was going to get a desync there. I mean there were only 2 melee and 3 range bandits attacking me and there weren't any real obstacles like walls or anything near me.
3.) I really wanted to get my Demigods and the guy who was rank 11 at that point was doing lvl 68 maps, while we were doing most of the time only lvl 63-64 maps. So he was closing the XP gap The lvl 65 map that we were doing there was with a full party, so if I had closed the game there I wouldn't have been able to rejoin the instance, because all of the portals have already been used. And because I was getting pretty good XP on that map, compared to what we were doing normally I would've lost a lot of nice XP there.

My Equip:
Spoiler

This is the Equip, that I used most of the time...
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The Flasks that I used:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

When doing No Mana / HP regen maps I switched my first 2 Flasks to those two:
Unavailable
Unavailable

About 5 hours before the end of the race I bought and then used the unique +5% XP Helmet:
Unavailable

I actually really liked the race, it was really a lot of fun for me. :)

My first Character died at lvl 43 on postion 40 on the ladder, because I had no granite flask and ran into a huge group of monkeys with dmg + movespeed aura. Still it helped me a lot in making my build work.
My highest lvl character before this race was lvl 67 and I'm pretty sure that I invested 2-3 times more time into my lvl 67 witch than in my lvl 79,8 templar.

It was a lot of fun to run maps together with Kripps party and it helped me a lot in understanding the map system and most of the end game content.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jan 15, 2013, 12:29:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info