Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
Desbris wrote:

Sorry to say this, but this is a real stupid post you made there, as well as your other post that proceeds it lol

Nothing to comment here obviously you lack the ability to process thought so you just say what pops in your mind.

"
Jeh wrote:

Lol.. You can just play as much as you want.. nobody is forcing you to play 24/7.. you'll still get rewards for reaching level 50 etc. Take a chill pill man and just enjoy that you get to level a character in a week and then get rewarded for it..

First of all i never said that this affects me. Thankfully i have a brain that actually works so i can play up to my limit or close to it and never pass it. Why does everybody think that my posts are "whining" that i can't reach top rank in this league? My concern is about people that obviously don't have the capacity to understand their physical limits and just want to compete to the fullest and possibly hurting themselves int the process.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Good for you that's a boring format. I would have hated you if it would be turbo, since I am visiting my family till the new year and so do people having access to this account.

But even when I had time the PC here can't handle PoE on 800x600 on min settings even it's only 3 years old.

I hope more interesting formats will come up in January before open Beta.

"
I don't think these day-long/week-long leagues should exist. It promotes account sharing so people can have their character online 24/7 or god forbid players actually playing 24 or more hours straight on their own.

While I agree there should be time limited races I am not against account sharing.

It's really common in the RPG genre to share accounts and even then it's literally impossible to keep an account online for 24/7 unless you cover many time zones.

Nevertheless will be interesting to see different people in Top 20 that aren't Christians or give a crap about their family.

A right a fair warning: "Don't invite grindis123 to maps, he is a stupid hypocrite that will join other parties once you are out of higher maps and then use his maps while you have to pay chisels to join them"

Well account sharing is frowned upon or even banable in many other games like every game Blizzard has. Which frankly is stupid why can't i give my account to my brother and play it?
But like i said account sharing isn't really my concern.

I like the idea of 1 week race with time limit per day!!! that would make my wife happier and will help to avoid some cheating (sharing accounts).

Chris can you advise if you plan some race like that?
This way people who works and have family will be able to compete in long races. I think if you want to keep players interested in races this condition is a MUST not an option.
Last edited by Skorpionkz on Dec 21, 2012, 7:21:58 AM
Cool!

Gonna try go for the currencys!

:)
"
Fucking please, i started the build before Xendran joined the race, and you know that :).

And who cares if i wasted regrets? who says i cant experiment with builds.
I didn't run away from bosses, me and mouze didnt go in the boss area rooms, and when we did we killed him.
As many people have told me, you have a really distorted view of reality, maybe if you grow up you can accept things as they are.

You aren't good and you should stop insulting other players that are better than you, grindis is a good guy, youre the only one in this game who has something against him.

Your builds were uselss all the time, Xendran had a level 28 character after the first day and decided to continue the race after Top 20 players on the third day had level 45. My prediction that level 60 would be enough for Top 20 was true so Ghostryder made the 20th place and he joined like 4 maps total.

On our party everybody reached his goal without pulling a 30-35h play because we kept high maps till the last day.

You on the other hand were 1 hand melee, switched to 1h caster and then tried to copy Xendrans build on the last 2 days but couldn't even reach quarter efficiency because you lacked gems and gem levels, so get real.

We on the other hand shared drops so Xendran got almost perfect equipment for his build.

Also all you did was grabbing at no point of the race you were able to fight even Vaal Ruthless.

You are just angry because Xendran didn't invite you because I told him you do no damage, you are grabbing and you were in the party that didn't help them to progress at all.
You better learn what's good mannered party play.

"
Well account sharing is frowned upon or even banable in many other games like every game Blizzard has. Which frankly is stupid why can't i give my account to my brother and play it?
But like i said account sharing isn't really my concern.

Like I said, even the hardest automated restrictions won't affect me because the same PC is used, so we can keep the account online for 8-12h a day and it's far away from being able to compete vs more efficient teams, bots or long time "no lifers" play till the body breaks down.

But this is the only way how you won't lose sight of RL.
I know enough people that got addicted to WoW lost sight of RL got kicked from university and ended up in debts because they kept paying to Blizzard.

"
Chris can you advise if you plan some race like that?
This way people who works and have family will be able to compete in long races. I think if you want to keep players interested in races this condition is a MUST not an option.

I had that idea the first 1 week race, so more players are able to compete but the "no lifer" group flamed like: "You aren't good enough" and flamed further because I hit a nerve.
Now I will be hated because I openly say that I don't play alone.

I can tell you that on the 1 week turbo race icarb pulled a 35h rush and mouze a 30h rush the last 2 days to keep their ranks.
They were still online when I woke up and even online when I switched play shifts with my neighbour.

I think that allowing such long rushes is irresponsible, it's only a matter of time till somebody dies of a stroke.
There must be time limited leagues or at last a warning message, test if a player still can concentrate after certain time intervals.

Also I wouldn't call account sharing with RL friends cheating since those friends don't play their own account that time.
It's just a bad mannered method to be competetive on a low level.
In all the arguing i lost who asked about losing the micro transaction credit in open beta. The only way you lose micro transaction credit is if you spend it, it does not wipe at open beta as you won it or paid for it. Items on your micro transaction tab in game do not get wiped either.

All orbs and items in your stash will be wiped clean except the demigod amulet, that is the only item in the game that will be carried over.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Hilbert wrote:

Makes a good point about health and timed races, in the first race I sort of competed in, even though I slept every day, took breaks, etc, I still fell physically ill after a few days. So ill that I took almost an entire day off just sleeping, in the race, to recover.
As far as the "no lifer", non christian or hating your family comments. It is absolutely none of anyone's business what religion someone is in game or what they do with their time, absolutely NONE. A lot of people will be off of work, school etc for the holidays and maybe have no family to celebrate with or do not get along with the family they do have or live to far away from them to get to spend time with them. Throwing out stupid needless idiot comments about how someone chooses to spend their time is just pointless.

The way i look at it, this gives someone who would have otherwise spent the holiday week alone and with nothing to do, something to focus their energy on and someone to spend time with. Maybe just maybe instead of someone getting depressed all alone over the holidays and committing suicide this race/game saves someone's life this holiday season.

Thanks for the race from someone with no family and nothing to do for the holidays. I hope you keep the Holiday races going for just the reasons i stated above, I know i appreciate it.

Happy Holidays GGG.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Hilbert wrote:

I had that idea the first 1 week race, so more players are able to compete but the "no lifer" group flamed like: "You aren't good enough" and flamed further because I hit a nerve.

I can tell you that on the 1 week turbo race icarb pulled a 35h rush and mouze a 30h rush the last 2 days to keep their ranks.
They were still online when I woke up and even online when I switched play shifts with my neighbour.

I think that allowing such long rushes is irresponsible, it's only a matter of time till somebody dies of a stroke.
There must be time limited leagues or at last a warning message, test if a player still can concentrate after certain time intervals.

Also I wouldn't call account sharing with RL friends cheating since those friends don't play their own account that time.

Finally someone who understands. That's what i've been trying to say. Account sharing etc isn't such a problem since well in each kind of contest everyone will find a way to "exploit" the system. Like in every league you can have friends give you gear so you get the edge mostly on fast leagues. Is it cheating, well no if it's not against the rules. Is it cheap game, well yes but what can you do? Unless of course ggg decides something against it.

The main problem though is what Hilbert said about people playing 35+ hours straight. Contests shouldn't be dependent on how many hours someone can play cause that way an idiot is bound to appear that thinks he will be awesome if he gets rank 1 and starts playing 1-2-3 days straigth etc. Well he is bound to have a stroke sooner or later.

Just think if people are playing so many hours for a league that is currently on beta imagine what will happen in release.

"
ragnarokgr wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

Finally someone who understands. That's what i've been trying to say. Account sharing etc isn't such a problem since well in each kind of contest everyone will find a way to "exploit" the system. Like in every league you can have friends give you gear so you get the edge mostly on fast leagues. Is it cheating, well no if it's not against the rules. Is it cheap game, well yes but what can you do? Unless of course ggg decides something against it.

The main problem though is what Hilbert said about people playing 35+ hours straight. Contests shouldn't be dependent on how many hours someone can play cause that way an idiot is bound to appear that thinks he will be awesome if he gets rank 1 and starts playing 1-2-3 days straigth etc. Well he is bound to have a stroke sooner or later.

Just think if people are playing so many hours for a league that is currently on beta imagine what will happen in release.

i do understand, that you dont want someone to die of a stroke after a xxhour playing session, but really? if someone thinks, he needs to play xxhours straight, it is his problem! there are so many mmorpgs/games that give you an advantage if you play more/longer than usual or the casual player and once or twice a year, someone dies to it ( most of the time it is not even a stroke, it is dehydration and that persons stupidty ), and you make such a deal out of it...... got no understandig for it sorry.

in my opinion gaming is about fun, and if you feel that it is fun to play that long and be competitive, fine. if you cant invest the time, to be in the top 20, set your own goals or just dont compete if it isnt fun for you.
Last edited by Flavoured on Dec 21, 2012, 12:17:03 PM
"

You all grabbed named drops and even lurked near drops.

You too :)

"

They flamed you because you started flaming GS-marauders that they lack skill (while playing the most skill-less build every race), writing your build is the best and your are the only one who can come up with a build that is that good (while again playing a build that needs no skill and isn't really anything new/interesting).

Don't get me wrong your build is not bad and you are not a bad player. But with your build and the skill it needs you shouldn't flame other builds and the skill of their players.

You and Xendran are bragging way too much about your results - after and in the race. Don't get me wrong again, you played well, but you both depend on other player that deal damage and "carry you" - you never mentioned that/them. And "damage-dealer" need skill and are risky to play - and even then i didn't see a "damage-dealer" that bragged how well/good he played.

Back to my point. There is a saying :
"Wer im Glashaus sitzt, soll nicht mit Steinen werfen" (people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones)
That's the reason you got flamed and some people don't like you.

Back to topic :
If a player is an adult he should be able to decide by himself how much he plays and how much time he wants to spend.

Players that play more than others will always be better than player that play less. "Real" sports show that. Reducing the time a player can play doesn't change that or makes it fair.

"

in my opinion gaming is about fun, and if you feel that it is fun to play that long and be competitive, fine. if you cant invest the time, to be in the top 20, set your own goals or just dont compete if it isnt fun for you.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info