Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
xenogias wrote:
I kind of understand why people dont like the idea of players getting fed maps but there is really no way GGG can fix that. At least not without dedicating way to much time to changing code. The only way to do it which still wont stop it all is to make maps untradable and make it so no one can be in the map instance unless the player who started the map is inside the instance at all times. Simply undoable really. And like I said that still wont completely fix it because some people will gladly sit in an instance while the person they are feeding runs the instance. That may not be AS viable but it will still happen. If you try to ban "trades" during events then people will simply make a party and go outside, drop the item they want to give and be done with it.

So if you think about it, its impossible for GGG to really do anything about it. Unless you want them to spend thier time monitering each person in the race and killing anyone who does it. But I think most of us are not idiots and would rather them spend thier time making the game better. This isnt a AAA studio who can afford to pay a bunch of people to sit around and moniter the game. Hell most AAA studios dont do that. If they did WoW wouldnt be the cesspool that it is.

They should definitely make maps un-tradable in races. And they could also just monitor the amount of people somebody groups with and what zones they enter with that group, I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard to see who is inviting new people and entering a map over and over.

They could also have a group registration type thing, where a group could register together and only trade with each other, without being registered as a group, trading is disabled.
nice race. go dom :)
Last edited by SiXpAiNs on Dec 30, 2012, 11:11:39 AM
Kripp cant win now his way to unlucky with maps.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
They really don't need to change anything other than possibly look into Map drops to see if they are working as intended.

I honestly don't care if someone account shares. Just wish that IF they do, that they admit it.

You could look at account sharing as another form of teamwork.

I'm starting to come around to the way of thinking that anything that is allowed in the rules is fair game.

Also starting to think that this ONE race is getting so much scrutiny due to it most likely being the last "big" race before Open Beta.

Good luck to everyone still racing. I'm going to enjoy playing my default league character and check back later to see who finishes in the top 20.

Congrats in advance to the top 20. Also going to watch some NFL today.....

Peace and less trolling please....
Will there be another week long race before OB???

(hopefully it will be solo, with map whoring prevention)
Looks like it is going to be a great race to the very finish.

Just a question that I haven't seen asked yet.

How do we know Dominion/Lightspire were not getting maps from other people already? Or mats?

Everyone rips on Kripp and all his drama, but we can't see what Dom/Light are doing, at least Kripp is streaming it and we can judge him accordingly.

I just think there is a lot of people who completely hate Kripp, at least just as many fanboys as Kripp has, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone were helping them win just to make Kripp lose.

I guess that is the price you pay for "fame". Who knows.. if this was Nugiyen in 2nd place it could be a completely different game.
So Dominion gonna win with no sleep in the last 50 hours of the race... hmm, meh.
"
DeLLyDeez wrote:
Looks like it is going to be a great race to the very finish.

Just a question that I haven't seen asked yet.

How do we know Dominion/Lightspire were not getting maps from other people already? Or mats?

Everyone rips on Kripp and all his drama, but we can't see what Dom/Light are doing, at least Kripp is streaming it and we can judge him accordingly.

I just think there is a lot of people who completely hate Kripp, at least just as many fanboys as Kripp has, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone were helping them win just to make Kripp lose.

I guess that is the price you pay for "fame". Who knows.. if this was Nugiyen in 2nd place it could be a completely different game.

Who cares? If I seriously start seeing "Kripp lost because people were feeding Dominion and his group maps" I .. don't even know. It's fine you guys all enjoy Kripp, but there WILL be players who can stay up longer, who can farm faster, who can get luckier than him. Always.

Btw, for everyone wondering if they are getting handouts, they aren't. www.twitch.tv/depimpe
I always thought the future depended on the choices you made.
Just got back from holidays, I only had access to internet every other day so I only had time to read this thread and follow the race a bit.

I have to say it's disappointing how this community is growing into a monster...
too much hate and jealousy, I've even started ignoring whole posts depending on who writes them.
Competition gets the worst of us...

On another note, congrats to all of you who took part in the race, whether u got far or not, I wish I could have!
And congrats to Dominion, why not? Playing 50h straight is a feat I could not manage... so cheers for you bro
and cheers to kripp for introducing me to this amazing game and to be up there with the best while continuously streaming and posting videos/guides about the game on youtube (the PR is very welcome)

peace and love
"
Odoakar wrote:
Dominion playing 34 hours in a row? Or am I reading these stats wrong?

http://poestatistics.com/events/dec-24-one-week-hc-race/dominion.html

24 hours of sleep in 1 week. Seems crazy.
IGN:WhereAreYourZombies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info